Top 8 budget (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Fishface has said robins will be given a top eight budget next season to get us out of league 4

Why a top 8 budget and not a top 1 budget if they are serious about getting us out the league. Says everything about our chairman and owners to me. If someone says top 8 they actually mean the 8th highest and thats if you believe him.

If a club as big as ours is only being given a 8th place budget who are the 7 teams in league 4 with a bigger fan base and bigger than us ?

torchomatic

I won't moan about it until I see how Robins spends his top 8 budget. If we are doing well then no one will care what number our budget is. It'll only be an issue if we under perform.

Liquid Gold

Fishface has said robins will be given a top eight budget next season to get us out of league 4

Why a top 8 budget and not a top 1 budget if they are serious about getting us out the league. Says everything about our chairman and owners to me. If someone says top 8 they actually mean the 8th highest and thats if you believe him.

If a club as big as ours is only being given a 8th place budget who are the 7 teams in league 4 with a bigger fan base and bigger than us ?

1. You don't go to the car boot and say I've got thousands to spend, I'm going to buy whatever I want - the prices would then go up
2. When did people start believing Fisher
3. Fan base doesn't matter when you only have (possibly)3-4,000 paying customers and no other source of income
4. When you a (I assume) grown man refer to someone as "Fishface" it completely invalidates any point you might have as it makes you look idiotic, can't you make a point without these stupid names, it's like calling someone "stinky head".

Colin Steins Smile

History suggests that we should be very sceptical of this quote from TF. When signings fail to be secured, due to doubts over the budget following poor season ticket sales. The manager will be left with a skeleton playing squad made up of academy graduates and players not yet sold.
Alternatively TF could come out and say: "we are fully backing our manager to get us out of this league and providing additional funds to ensure this is realised". However, he's more likely to blame the fans for not supporting the team by buying season tickets and our yet another manager decides the club is a "basket case" and moves on!

CovBurty

When u say 'big club'. It got me thinking. With Sisu stating they want to move to Butts Stadium. Are we classed as a 'big club' anymore. Sisu doesn't think so. So in effect, it will be a top budget, as we are just another division 4 club. Fan base is there, but won't turn up.
I have definitely dropped my assessment level of the players. And according to league position we are most certainly a division 4 team. So budget can be lowered from last season, as Fisher will do I expect.

D

Deleted member 2477

1. You don't go to the car boot and say I've got thousands to spend, I'm going to buy whatever I want - the prices would then go up
2. When did people start believing Fisher
3. Fan base doesn't matter when you only have (possibly)3-4,000 paying customers and no other source of income
4. When you a (I assume) grown man refer to someone as "Fishface" it completely invalidates any point you might have as it makes you look idiotic, can't you make a point without these stupid names, it's like calling someone "stinky head".
Lg i think you will find tf refered to as fishface on here by many and for some time. Yes im a grown man and have a lot more manners and respect than a jumped up little twat like you hiding behind your keyboard but thanks for your contribution for what it was worth

D

Deleted member 2477

When u say 'big club'. It got me thinking. With Sisu stating they want to move to Butts Stadium. Are we classed as a 'big club' anymore. Sisu doesn't think so. So in effect, it will be a top budget, as we are just another division 4 club. Fan base is there, but won't turn up.
I have definitely dropped my assessment level of the players. And according to league position we are most certainly a division 4 team. So budget can be lowered from last season, as Fisher will do I expect.
I think that was the sisu plan all along to shrink the club to a 4th division or leas and spend apropriately

Liquid Gold

Lg i think you will find tf refered to as fishface on here by many and for some time. Yes im a grown man and have a lot more manners and respect than a jumped up little twat like you hiding behind your keyboard but thanks for your contribution for what it was worth
You don't come across as having manners. Your argument that others do it makes you seem more childish, my mates did so I have to. Bit hypocritical saying I'm hiding behind a keyboard when you're posting on the same forum as me. Get over yourself.

NorthernWisdom

and if we perform to budget (8th), we will be outside the play offs ?
Yup.

If we succeed next season it'll be despite the club, not because of it, and Robins will deserve no end of credit.

The difficult question is if we fail with him in charge, where do we have left to turn?

(FWIW, I'm worryingly optimistic about next season. Then again, I was optimistic about the seasons following our previous two relegations, as well mind...)

torchomatic

and if we perform to budget (8th), we will be outside the play offs ?

True, but the budget table doesn't correlate exactly to the league table, does it? It's how it is spent that matters, not particularly how much.

Brylowes

Unless of course you want to refer to Gilbert as Giblet, then you can expect Likes off
Plenty, inc some who like the above post.

torchomatic

Aso doesn't show how we're a car crash of a club.

Even if the budget were 8th best, would be unreasonable (IMNSHO) to demand the manager hits 8th minimum, given the chaos of the working conditions.

Oh yes, I agree. if we had the eighth biggest budget in the league then we should expect to finish in the top eight at the very least, but every season teams over and under achieve. Thats why I think how it is spent is more important than what number we are in the budget table.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Problem is people are already saying we'll finish top 7 definitely.
I'm worryingly optimistic about next season, but that's more because of RObins than the club. I said when Slade came in, if he failed (given he has a track record of doing alright at mentalist clubs) then who could succeed, and we managed to turn to the one man who seems to fit well with the club, for reasons unknown.

If he fails though...

Skyblueweeman

I don't really understand the fascinations with top 'x' budgets. How do we know what other clubs budgets are with which to compare to for a start? I get that you could probably Google for the info but there's no guarantee if that info is correct and teams can change their budgets throughout the season. You might as well p!ss in the wind.

Also, a crap budget doesn't necessarily correlate to a sh!t performace. Burton and conversely our very own club are testament to that.

For me, I couldn't give two hoots about what size the budget is. It's how Robins utilises it the best to get us back up that matters to me most. More money could help but it's not the be all and end all.

Esoterica

We have no idea how big a club we will be next year because that will be determined by ST sales and many feel they will currently not renew including yourself who said just a couple of months back you're NOPM from now on.

Add into that:
  • The unknown of how much season ticket prices will be.
  • How much of a loss we will have made this season that will need covering by some early player sales
  • What price we will actually get for the sold players
  • Whether we can shift on high earners like Reid
Fisher, as he himself said, has made a forecast. He also didn't say anything about it being to get us out of league 4. How can he accurately forecast with so many unknowns affecting budget? Well he can't in my opinion and even then he's basing that on the other teams SCMP submissions (which have to be this current seasons so already out of date).

PS. March 12th was the last time anyone used 'Fishface' in seriousness on here. xxx

Astute

I think that was the sisu plan all along to shrink the club to a 4th division or leas and spend apropriately
I was starting to think that at one stage. But this season should show you that with how many losing managers they have got rid of that it is them being hopeless at running a football club that has sent us down again.

Seamus1

I don't really understand the fascinations with top 'x' budgets[...]

Also, a crap budget doesn't necessarily correlate to a sh!t performace. Burton and conversely our very own club are testament to that.

For me, I couldn't give two hoots about what size the budget is. It's how Robins utilises it the best to get us back up that matters to me most. More money could help but it's not the be all and end all.

Hear hear. I heard an amazing statistic that Huddersfield Town sitting in 3rd place in the Championship, have the same budget as Rotherham United, who have been relegated.

torchomatic

Hear hear. I heard an amazing statistic that Huddersfield Town sitting in 3rd place in the Championship, have the same budget as Rotherham United, who have been relegated.

Exactly, it is how it is spent that matters.

skybluetony176

I'm worryingly optimistic about next season, but that's more because of RObins than the club. I said when Slade came in, if he failed (given he has a track record of doing alright at mentalist clubs) then who could succeed, and we managed to turn to the one man who seems to fit well with the club, for reasons unknown.

If he fails though...

Reign it in NW and save yourself the heartache. Plus anything better is a bonus then. I'm optimistic for a top half finish myself assuming MR is here until the end of the season. Can't allow myself any better than that at this moment in time.

skybluebeduff

Wasted over £220k this year on player agents alone, if we can waste that type of money on them, we should be looking a top 2 budget for next season considering some revenue lost has been made up by the checkatrade.

How has he worked out a top 8 budget without knowing who will be playing in that league next season?

Users who are viewing this thread