Top 8 budget (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Grendel

1. I don't think they sell players at car boot sales.

Martin Booty?

Grendel

Hear hear. I heard an amazing statistic that Huddersfield Town sitting in 3rd place in the Championship, have the same budget as Rotherham United, who have been relegated.

I find that hard to believe actually - their owner has banged £40 million of his own wealth into the club in the last few years

Seamus1

Ah, but our owners have allegedly banged in over £100 million from their own pockets, if that financial bloke was to be believed o_O But we still have a low(ish) budget

skybluetony176

Isn't he the owner of the Card Factory empire?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Think he sold it and that's where his wealth came from. There was an interesting article about them in the Times (IIRC) when they were about to play Man City in the cup. Talked mainly about the manager and ethos at the club but drew the comparison between their budget and Rotherhams (being the same) and the gulf between them in the league (being opposite ends of the table). Was a good read.

fernandopartridge

Think he sold it and that's where his wealth came from. There was an interesting article about them in the Times (IIRC) when they were about to play Man City in the cup. Talked mainly about the manager and ethos at the club but drew the comparison between their budget and Rotherhams (being the same) and the gulf between them in the league (being opposite ends of the table). Was a good read.

In fairness, it's been a pretty sharp turnaround for them. They were struggling not that long ago.

pastythegreat

History suggests that we should be very sceptical of this quote from TF. When signings fail to be secured, due to doubts over the budget following poor season ticket sales. The manager will be left with a skeleton playing squad made up of academy graduates and players not yet sold.
Alternatively TF could come out and say: "we are fully backing our manager to get us out of this league and providing additional funds to ensure this is realised". However, he's more likely to blame the fans for not supporting the team by buying season tickets and our yet another manager decides the club is a "basket case" and moves on!
I honestly still don't get how and why fans still aren't grasping the basic rules of FFP!

"We're backing the manager and funding it??"

Where exactly are the funds to come from?? Even if SISU were willing to throw millions at the squad in the summer, do you not think the EFL will see something amiss when a club in League 2 with 5k ST holders and no other income have just splashed £6m in the summer window?!?!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

I won't moan about it until I see how Robins spends his top 8 budget. If we are doing well then no one will care what number our budget is. It'll only be an issue if we under perform.
No, if we perform as budgeted we will finish 8th. If we underperform we will be lower.
Happy with that ?

skybluetony176

In fairness, it's been a pretty sharp turnaround for them. They were struggling not that long ago.

True. The turnaround is from appointing Wagner as manager I think. I don't think although I don't know for sure it's down to increasing the budget and spanking millions that you weren't before on wages and transfer fee's, even then they're hardly spending like Newcastle, Norwich, Villa, Wolves or any of the teams that they're competing with at the top end of the table. Pretty sure the current owner predates Wagner's appointment by some years just seems to have got the right man at the right time for the club.

Link here to the article How Huddersfield Town's transformation into Premier League promotion candidates started with a box of chocolate raisins

italiahorse

I honestly still don't get how and why fans still aren't grasping the basic rules of FFP!

Where exactly are the funds to come from?? Even if SISU were willing to throw millions at the squad in the summer, do you not think the EFL will see something amiss when a club in League 2 with 5k ST holders and no other income have just splashed £6m in the summer window?!?!

We can expect twice as many fans as most teams in D2. Most clubs won't better a 100k rent and 75k f&b combination so why not a top spot budget ?

Moff

No, if we perform as budgeted we will finish 8th. If we underperform we will be lower.
Happy with that ?

Top 8 budget is better than bottom 16.

If we over perform by one place we will be in the play offs. Would that be ok with you or would you still find something to moan about?

italiahorse

Top 8 budget is better than bottom 16.

If we over perform by one place we will be in the play offs. Would that be ok with you or would you still find something to moan about?
Why leave it to overperforming?
Just apply Fair play rules and give us a top place budget.
Someone has to moan rather than roll over on TF statements.

Moff

Why leave it to overperforming?
Just apply Fair play rules and give us a top place budget.
Someone has to moan rather than roll over on TF statements.

Why leave it to over performing? Because that's where we are and apart from going to more games I can't do anything about it at the moment.

If it's top 8 it gives us a good chance. I would prefer us not to be in that league and would like us to have a top budget whichever league we are in, but we are where we are, and I think with the right recruitment and Robins we will do well.

As for moaning we have all done it. It doesn't change a thing nor put you on a pedestal.

pastythegreat

We can expect twice as many fans as most teams in D2. Most clubs won't better a 100k rent and 75k f&b combination so why not a top spot budget ?
So we pay 100k on rent and make 75k on F&B. So that's 25k. Still not looking like a top 1 budget from where I'm sitting! More fans yes but we won't make (like most teams) 100% of F&B, parking, conferences.
Since when did being a 'big spender' guarantee promotion/championship status anyway? Just look at Man City! Derby last season spent millions, QPR year on year throw money at a team the never gets promoted! How long have Sheff Utd been in League 1 and have had one of if not the biggest budget of the league. Finished below us last season with at least double the budget!
People put so much emphasis on the budget!

chiefdave

Given that we're told virtually nobody is getting a season ticket why would we be budgeting on having some of the biggest crowds in the division?

5K average attendance would put is 8th in the L2 attendance table. If our season ticket renewals are at the levels being suggested that sort of attendance would be optimistic.

torchomatic

25K then. Not even enough to pay one player for the year.

Monkeyface

This doesn't really have anything to do with the size of the budget, it's the value behind the statement. If TF told us MR would have a top four Premier League budget nobody would listen. The trust has gone, and that's that!

I've said since Christmas, when it became clear we were going down, that I wouldn't be renewing my ST. Admittedly I'm starting to get that "what if this is our year" feeling that keeps me buying them, but none of my friends will be getting one and I won't get one on my own. People just do not trust anything that comes from the club... absolutely nothing!

If you think about it, a top eight budget is something to be quite excited about. Especially with manager who as somebody has already said, seems to fit our club. But how many times have we heard "top X budget" or "tools to do the job". Other than selling up, the best thing SISU could do is ditch TF. He just represents everything that has gone wrong over the last few years, and offers no confidence at all. In fact, I think he is worse for the club than SISU, at least in terms of public image.

italiahorse

Given that we're told virtually nobody is getting a season ticket why would we be budgeting on having some of the biggest crowds in the division?

5K average attendance would put is 8th in the L2 attendance table. If our season ticket renewals are at the levels being suggested that sort of attendance would be optimistic.

If we are winning and top we will exceed 10,000.
If are average (on budget) we can expect less than 5,000.
Plan for 10,000, budget for 10,000 and staying within fair play rules give us a chance of promotion.
Perhaps even chuck some of the cup and player sale takings in and increase the chances.
Maybe even chuck the legal fees in for free and stop chasing a loosing battle.

Don't give these Sisu puppets any excuses and except their mediocrity.
Didn't work in D1 and won't work in D2.

italiahorse

25K then. Not even enough to pay one player for the year.

Think about that,
It costs £25K to play at the Ricoh. That's not a total income. (Sometimes I wonder with people)
All the ticket money is effectively ours.
As is sales of kit etc plus any other incomes the lazy arses can make instead of moaning about not getting it for free.
Don't give them oxygen by excepting what TF tells us.
It's bollocks and if we do the same we get the same !!!

clint van damme

This doesn't really have anything to do with the size of the budget, it's the value behind the statement. If TF told us MR would have a top four Premier League budget nobody would listen. The trust has gone, and that's that!

I've said since Christmas, when it became clear we were going down, that I wouldn't be renewing my ST. Admittedly I'm starting to get that "what if this is our year" feeling that keeps me buying them, but none of my friends will be getting one and I won't get one on my own. People just do not trust anything that comes from the club... absolutely nothing!

If you think about it, a top eight budget is something to be quite excited about. Especially with manager who as somebody has already said, seems to fit our club. But how many times have we heard "top X budget" or "tools to do the job". Other than selling up, the best thing SISU could do is ditch TF. He just represents everything that has gone wrong over the last few years, and offers no confidence at all. In fact, I think he is worse for the club than SISU, at least in terms of public image.

I'm getting one because I'm starting to get that what if this is our last year feeling!

italiahorse

FFS don't plan for 5K plan for 10K.
That's exactly what TF is doing when he blames the fans.

clint van damme

Think about that,
It costs £25K to play at the Ricoh. That's not a total income. (Sometimes I wonder with people)
As is sales of kit etc plus any other incomes the lazy arses can make instead of moaning about not getting it for free.

I think you may have a point and I've often wondered whether this F&B malarky is just a smoke screen.
The biggest potential revenue stream open to the club is the 20,000 unsold seats yet they seem to be doing nothing to try and fill them or hold on to the ST holders they currently have.

torchomatic

Think about that,

Yes "all the ticket money" which is why boycotting damages CCFC not SISU. And why we need all the external income streams we can get else we won't get anywhere.

chiefdave

Plan for 10,000, budget for 10,000 and staying within fair play rules give us a chance of promotion.
Lets say Fisher does that. Consider that its highly unlikely we'll get 10K in L2 given our best season in L1 we just about managed 12K. So when we're well short on the budget what then?
It costs £25K to play at the Ricoh.
Add in the ever increasing matchday costs and you're north of £.5m to play at the Ricoh.

pastythegreat

If we are winning and top we will exceed 10,000.
If are average (on budget) we can expect less than 5,000.
Perhaps even chuck some of the cup and player sale takings in and increase the chances.
Maybe even chuck the legal fees in for free and stop chasing a loosing battle.

Don't give these Sisu puppets any excuses and except their mediocrity.
Didn't work in D1 and won't work in D2.
Budget for 10k and expect 5k to turn up and stay within FFP rules??? Just think about why what your proposing makes absolutely no sense AT ALL!!

chiefdave

The biggest potential revenue stream open to the club is the 20,000 unsold seats yet they seem to be doing nothing to try and fill them or hold on to the ST holders they currently have.
Realistically what do you do to fill those seats? Look at this weekend, just won the cup, legends day, glorious sunshine and a tenner to get in and barely any increase in attendance.

steve82

FFP don't apply as such in league one and two as it does in the prem and championship.
It's instead governed by SCMP where you can only spend a maximum 55% of income however you can invest as much as you like as long as it's a "gift" not a loan. Plus you can add any player sales into the pot as extra too to boost your 55% budget

italiahorse

Lets say Fisher does that. Consider that its highly unlikely we'll get 10K in L2 given our best season in L1 we just about managed 12K. So when we're well short on the budget what then?

Add in the ever increasing matchday costs and you're north of £.5m to play at the Ricoh.

Best ever
I guarantee that if we are top we will beat that.
As I said, don't settle for mediocre.

Match day costs are paid regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Realistically what do you do to fill those seats? Look at this weekend, just won the cup, legends day, glorious sunshine and a tenner to get in and barely any increase in attendance.

it wasn't really anything more than a pre season friendly. If we were competitive in the league, the attendance would have been far superior

clint van damme

the marketing is appalling,. There's a massive disconnect between the owners and the support, TF has acknowledged this, but the efforts to re-connect with the support are poor to non existent.
The reduced ticket prices were a good idea and I think the crowd would have been a lot lower Saturday had it not been for the offer so credit for that.

But my concern is next year, sisu must be aware of the projected poor ticket sales but don't seem to be doing anything about it. Not putting out an offer on STs after the final was a big mistake in my book.

Maybe they'll surprise me and come up with something special in the summer!

Users who are viewing this thread