Top 8 budget (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

wingy

So does anyone know what a typical top 8 budget looks like?

torchomatic

That's the word." if" we won't sell 7/8k season ticket,be very surprised if we did,but even if we did,you really think Robins will get the money

You're right, we won't. So pointless moaning about the budget. It is as it is.

Grendel

You have the figures then?

Odd Tony you don't question the original comment.

A wallsall fan posted on here about it. They recover a large element of it from poster sponsorship (the bill board) and do generate significant income from the market event every sunday

skybluetony176

Odd Tony you don't question the original comment.

A wallsall fan posted on here about it. They recover a large element of it from poster sponsorship (the bill board) and do generate significant income from the market event every sunday

That's a no then.

Grendel

That's a no then.

It's a yes Tony - the billboard Walsall fans believe accounts for 95% of the rent alone. It's well known the market sale is one of the biggest in the country as confirmed by the post on this very forum.

It also explains why the arrangement was set the way it was and why Walsall like ourselves have to operate at a in profit way.

The month of the post was October - I'm bored of holding your hand and showing the way to find information.

If you want more details look yourself.

skybluetony176

It's a yes Tony - the billboard Walsall fans believe accounts for 95% of the rent alone. It's well known the market sale is one of the biggest in the country as confirmed by the post on this very forum.

It also explains why the arrangement was set the way it was and why Walsall like ourselves have to operate at a in profit way.

The month of the post was October - I'm bored of holding your hand and showing the way to find information.

If you want more details look yourself.

That's still a no then.

skybluetony176

Ok Tony if you agree a £10 donation to the dogs trust I will show the link.

Deal?

And the link will show figures (which was my original point) that prove your claim that it "easily exceeds" the rent? I mean you've already back tracked to 95% but whatever. And if the link doesn't prove your claim that it "easily exceeds" you have to give £10 to my preferred animal charity of the cinnamon trust? Deal?

Captain Dart

So for what you say is a comparable amount Walsall also get a training ground and all revenue streams.

For rent, CCFC rent is 100K for limited matchday access to stadium only. I think that the Bescott is an old ground with no outstanding finance and presumably significant maintenance costs. I think one has to beware of comparing apples to pears. The point I was making is that you should find some more examples to compare before making sweeping statements about the CCFC deal being awful, if the club was more forthcoming on how the figures break down then it might be possible to identify bad value items.

Meanwhile if you like comparisons Arvo charge about 20% interest p.a. on their £10M loan don't they Wasps bonds are around £35M and I think they pay bondholders 6%.

Swings and roundabouts..

Grendel

And the link will show figures (which was my original point) that prove your claim that it "easily exceeds" the rent? I mean you've already back tracked to 95% but whatever. And if the link doesn't prove your claim that it "easily exceeds" you have to give £10 to my preferred animal charity of the cinnamon trust? Deal?

No Tony I've said the poster said the billboard was claimed by the poster to be £360,000 and that they have all access to everything else.

Now I assume you would try and claim that the actual earnings from commercial income could be less than £100,000 for other activities. The poster says that they have the market which we all know makes significant incomes

A cursory glance at their accounts also shows a comparison of commercial revenue of us and then and their total seems considerably higher than us.

So yes there is no doubt the rent is paid for by commercial income. No doubt though as I cannot provide written contracts to prove these you would deny this as that is your rather juvenile nature do I will not play your game

Why you'd deny it is anyone guess.

Bit like you denied my assesment of cash flow but then when someone else concurred with my analysis went oddly silent....lets see if the same happens again.

skybluetony176

No Tony I've said the poster said the billboard was claimed by the poster to be £360,000 and that they have all access to everything else.

Now I assume you would try and claim that the actual earnings from commercial income could be less than £100,000 for other activities. The poster says that they have the market which we all know makes significant incomes

A cursory glance at their accounts also shows a comparison of commercial revenue of us and then and their total seems considerably higher than us.

So yes there is no doubt the rent is paid for by commercial income. No doubt though as I cannot provide written contracts to prove these you would deny this as that is your rather juvenile nature do I will not play your game

Why you'd deny it is anyone guess.

Bit like you denied my assesment of cash flow but then when someone else concurred with my analysis went oddly silent....lets see if the same happens again.

So you don't have the figures then. Here's a link to the Cinnamon trust page that has the donations link on. Thanks very much, you're £10 will go to a very worthy cause. The Cinnamon Trust - The National Charity for the elderly, the terminally ill and their pets - Contact Details

Grendel

So you don't have the figures then. Here's a link to the Cinnamon trust page that has the donations link on. Thanks very much, you're £10 will go to a very worthy cause. The Cinnamon Trust - The National Charity for the elderly, the terminally ill and their pets - Contact Details

No tony I have a link that says exactly what I said in my opening statement. Im not holding your hand any more Tony it's boring.

They get £2 million extra non playing income than us Tony. I'm trying to transcend above the immaturity on here.

Your persistent irritating petulance is making this difficult to achieve.

skybluetony176

No tony I have a link that says exactly what I said in my opening statement. Im not holding your hand any more Tony it's boring.

They get £2 million extra non playing income than us Tony. I'm trying to transcend above the immaturity on here.

Your persistent irritating petulance is making this difficult to achieve.

That's still a no. All you've talked about is opinion and hearsay. I asked you if you've got the figures and you clearly don't. I've had a look at their latest filed accounts and under turnover there are 2 figures in the breakdown. 1 under match receipts and the other under football and commercial income. So no, you don't have the figures because they are not in the public domain, you're statement that you are trying to play of as fact is assumption. Now cough up you tight arse.

Last edited:

Grendel

That's still a no. All you've talked about is opinion and hearsay. I asked you if you've got the figures and you clearly don't. I've had a look at their latest filed accounts and under turnover there are 2 figures in the breakdown. 1 under match receipts and the other football and commercial income. So no, you don't have the figures because they are not in the public domain, you're statement that you are trying to play of as fact is assumption. Now cough up you tight arse.

No Tony I said I would show a link from a Walsall fan which describes exactly as it said namely that they believe a large element is covered by the billboard alone and they have many other ongoing activities. The accounts actually show a the percentage of non playing revenue so to even suggest they don't cover and exceeds through internal activities is absurd. They have a 200 space market every week for a start and make all the money from the rental fees.

You then saw this as an opportunity to extort funds from me and misrepresent my character by moving the goalposts and trying to get me to buy into an arrangement I have not agreed to at all on this thread.

Pathetic and annoying. Bye bye Tony I'm refusing to engage with you until you apologise.

skybluetony176

No Tony I said I would show a link from a Walsall fan which describes exactly as it said namely that they believe a large element is covered by the billboard alone and they have many other ongoing activities. The accounts actually show a the percentage of non playing revenue so to even suggest they don't cover and exceeds through internal activities is absurd. They have a 200 space market every week for a start and make all the money from the rental fees.

You then saw this as an opportunity to extort funds from me and misrepresent my character by moving the goalposts and trying to get me to buy into an arrangement I have not agreed to at all on this thread.

Pathetic and annoying. Bye bye Tony I'm refusing to engage with you until you apologise.

Ha ha ha. I asked you if you had the figures then. You danced around a bit and then said with your opening line of post #113, and I quote "It's a yes Tony" when the answer is clearly NO.

I saw an opportunity to "extort funds". Are you having a laugh, you gave it the big one with charitable donations line not me. No goal posts were moved (except by yourself) all I asked for is the figures, I've not asked for anything else, that's all I'm still asking and you still haven't presented them.

If you haven't got them fair enough. Pay the worthwhile charity like a man and we'll say no more.

Just to add that if you do present the figures as requested I'll gladly cough up to the dogs trust with absolutely no accusation of extortion. Happily.

skybluebeduff

Just think how many dogs were harmed during the process of both of your arguments, I think you both better throw on another £50, poor dogs, don't know whether they'll be coming or going whilst you two squabble.

RWW

Apparently our, Argyle's, budget was top 10.

No idea how this is worked out!

The ability of your manager to identify and take advantage of oppositions weaknesses shouldn't be underestimated.

Users who are viewing this thread