"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray. (1 Viewer)

kg82

Eagles hasn't played under TM before, has he? It could be, but I'd expect it to be someone that's played under him before.

rupert_bear

If that is true than Mowbray should go and get him. Top players make players play better AND i still think a marquee signing is important. Waggott should see this if he knows anything about football.

junglej13

Would be hugely surprised if it is Eagles. Kieran Crowley has repeatedly said we have no interest in him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Someone who has contacted every L1 club looking for a few quid to top up their pension fund whilst putting minimal effort in......sceptical to say the least.

SlowerThanPlatt

Tony Mowbray is toying with the idea of bringing in another midfield player today.

The Sky Blues boss yesterday recruited Middlesbrough prodigy Bryn Morris on a year-long loan, bolstering the strongest department in his squad, and his priority targets remain a striker and a wide man.

He thought he had plugged the latter gap yesterday but that move stalled because the player involved is still in contract negotiations with his parent club.

But Mowbray revealed this morning: “I’ve got to make a call this afternoon to a player who is way above this level of football but hasn’t got a club and is phoning me because he wants an opportunity.

“He’d like to come and play and money’s not an issue for him because he’s earned loads and loads of money. I’d be daft not to bring him in but it’s another midfield player and I’ve already filled that position in the first team.

“In a Utopian position you’d have a a squad with two really good players for every position so you can rotate it – if somebody has a bit of a drop-off in form somebody else gets his chance to play.

“That’s why we’re always asking the board if we can get a stronger squad so when the middle of winter comes you’re not going to the kids and asking them to dig you out of a tough away game on a Tuesday night.

"You’re replacing quality with quality – you’ve got a player who’s spent all his career in the Premier League or the Championship.

“But on the other hand I’m conscious of the fact that it’s another midfield player and I need to save money for the striker and the wide player we need.”

Manchester_sky_blue

Bit odd this.

Why would TM feel the need to say anything about this top player until the deal was done? Just doesn't seem like TM's usual style.

If the above comments are accurate it also sounds as if the winger we are after is a loan rather than permanent signing, unless the player is negotiating to be released from his current club i suppose.

Captain Dart

SlowerThanPlatt

Jerome Thomas seems the most likely: recently released by Palace, was with TM at WBA and isn't in another country like Gera.

However, TM said its another 'midfield player and we're already sorted there really'.... which implies it isn't a winger which Thomas is.

The mystery goes on

smileycov

Facebook User
If money's not an issue and he wants to come here, what's the problem?

Money not an issue for the player, but it reduces what we have to spend and he knows we need a striker or 2 and wide man.
I think he is saying it now, because if he does bring him in all hell will break lose about another midfielder and no striker lol.

rupert_bear

Sorry i think we do need at least one more midfielder, currently we have Fleck and Vincelot what i call proper midfield players, just brought in this Bryn Morris, a rookie who is a bit of a defender too and then there is Connor Thomas and JOB but is he a centre midfield player ? Fleck not everybodys cup of tea either. So if a provern midfielder is available than go and get him, subject to the money angle.

footyfrenzy

Sorry i think we do need at least one more midfielder, currently we have Fleck and Vincelot what i call proper midfield players, just brought in this Bryn Morris, a rookie who is a bit of a defender too and then there is Connor Thomas and JOB but is he a centre midfield player ? Fleck not everybodys cup of tea either. So if a provern midfielder is available than go and get him, subject to the money angle.

Couldn't agree more, healthy competition is good for the team

ccfcway

Jerome Thomas seems the most likely: recently released by Palace, was with TM at WBA and isn't in another country like Gera.

However, TM said its another 'midfield player and we're already sorted there really'.... which implies it isn't a winger which Thomas is.

The mystery goes on

isn't he a winger ?. Vey much sounds the mystery man is a CM

junglej13

Bit odd this.

Why would TM feel the need to say anything about this top player until the deal was done? Just doesn't seem like TM's usual style.

If the above comments are accurate it also sounds as if the winger we are after is a loan rather than permanent signing, unless the player is negotiating to be released from his current club i suppose.

I have been a bit confused by the interviews this week with TM. It certainly does seem that the deal that fell through was a winger but on loan which is at odds with what Andy Turner thought earlier in the week. Can't help but think this line about the ex Premier League player is to appease the supporters. If this player has been ringing Mowbray all week why is he waiting until Friday afternoon to try and do a deal with him!

Manchester_sky_blue

I have been a bit confused by the interviews this week with TM. It certainly does seem that the deal that fell through was a winger but on loan which is at odds with what Andy Turner thought earlier in the week. Can't help but think this line about the ex Premier League player is to appease the supporters. If this player has been ringing Mowbray all week why is he waiting until Friday after to try and do a deal with him!

Exactly. None of it makes sense and out of character for TM to even say anything about his transfer plans before the deal is done.

Users who are viewing this thread