"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray. (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

This speculation will just go on and on now until either something happens or Mowbray comes out and knocks it on the head, with what he said a lot are assuming it will happen obviously. That Keiren Crowley bloke says quiet definately it isn't Joey Barton so can i assume if Crowley knows who it isn't he knows who it is ? I am surprised the press haven't got hold of this and speculated but then we are now small-fry.

Last edited:

bawtryneal

I sat next to his agent at the game on Saturday

For info, I am a HP man but sometimes Henderson Relish is great on Pie and Mushy peas

Covstar

If it is Chris Eagles, he will tear this league apart. Lots of experience in the higher leagues and only just 29. Still a good few years left in him. Can play as a winger or an attacking midfielder which would be ideal as to not let Maddison get burned out too much and give us healthy competition in those areas.

ms639

Why are people even suggesting it could be Joey Barton, admittedly they got relegated but he was a starting premier league player last year, surel a championship club or even a newly promoted premier league club will take the gamble

rupert_bear

Why are people even suggesting it could be Joey Barton, admittedly they got relegated but he was a starting premier league player last year, surel a championship club or even a newly promoted premier league club will take the gamble
I think it started as speculative banter, he ticked a lot of boxes, recent ex prem, well rich so money perhaps not an issue, centre midfielder without a club yet and seen probably as the type to be ringing someone like Tony Mowbray basically asking for a job. Don't think any of us really believe it could be him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Played a dozen games for Charlton last season assume he's Been injured.

Not getting the Eagles hype, not done a lot for a 3 years I don't think.

Last edited:

Maaaaaardy

Played a dozen games for Charlon last season assume he's Been injured.

Not getting the Eagles hype, not done a lot for a 3 years I don't think.

League 1 is rather funny though. Look how little Moussa and McGoldrick had done before City for example. It's a strange league, the gulf between league 1 and the Championship is bizarrely gigantic yet rather small.

rupert_bear

It is a strange gap between the two divisions, in relative recent years we have had Swansea, Southampton, Burnley i think, leap from division 1 to the premiership in successive seasons. It just seems to me there is more money sloshing about the championship and more debt, i'm not convinced the players in it are massively better.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
This speculation will just go on and on now until either something happens or Mowbray comes out and knocks it on the head, with what he said a lot are assuming it will happen obviously. That Keiren Crowley bloke says quiet definately it isn't Joey Barton so can i assume if Crowley knows who it isn't he knows who it is ? I am surprised the press haven't got hold of this and speculated but then we are now small-fry.

What makes you think the press would want to work off an official club statement as apposed to something someone's mates uncle said down the pub? :D

hill83

I know it definitely isn't Messi. So you can now assume as I know who it isn't I know who it is.
But I'm not telling you.

Astute

It is a strange gap between the two divisions, in relative recent years we have had Swansea, Southampton, Burnley i think, leap from division 1 to the premiership in successive seasons. It just seems to me there is more money sloshing about the championship and more debt, i'm not convinced the players in it are massively better.

It isn't all to do with how much money is spent. It is what they do with it. And once the players are in it is then down to how good the manager is.

SlowerThanPlatt

Barton having a medical at West Ham. Fuck off SISU he wanted to play for us but we couldn't afford his £50k a week wages! Not going to another game until we sign someone as good as him.

Astute

Barton is a decent player. But he comes with too much baggage. We seem to have a squad that gets on well and works well with each other. A player like Barton could easily wreck what TM has built up. I don't think he would have wanted him.

LB87ccfc

Barton is a decent player. But he comes with too much baggage. We seem to have a squad that gets on well and works well with each other. A player like Barton could easily wreck what TM has built up. I don't think he would have wanted him.

LOL it was never ever going to be Barton.

kg82

Throwing another name into the hat... Don't think he's been mentioned, and I don't think he's got a new club. Owen Garvan

skybluegod

The interview suggests that it's a CM Eagles doesn't fit that description so I'm still sceptical as to whether it's him.

Users who are viewing this thread