Transfer News (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

I find it hard to believe we can afford Jimmy Bullards wages.

Cody Mcdonald is a more realistic target. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_McDonald

Last edited:

SkyBluegilby

I would imagine the impending departure of King would free up wage funds?

Agree though Jimmy would have to take a hell of a drop to join us and I doubt we would take a chance on his fitness.

I saw him at Hull away last season though, is pure quality.

Rich

I would imagine the impending departure of King would free up wage funds?

Agree though Jimmy would have to take a hell of a drop to join us and I doubt we would take a chance on his fitness.

I saw him at Hull away last season though, is pure quality.

Isn't he on something like £40k per week. I doubt we would stretch that far although I heard reports that we have offered MK £20k and Westy something similar. Ohh to be a pro soccer player.

Rich

How about welsh, I'd prefer to leave the jocks and their sectarian violence up north tbh.

bamalamafizzfazz

I know but I wanna be a yank. We ought to start the world soccer league, that only English teams can compete in.

Ha ha it is so fucking ignorant. I got told by a friend that US regularly get beat at baseball by the Chinese too which makes it even more ignorant.

Anyway back on topic, Bullard is knocking on a bit and as we know is quite injury prone. Despite that though I would happily see a player like him in the Sky Blues midfield. His workrate is always what impresses me and he has a bullet shot/ free kick. Don't know much about the striker but 26 is a good number of goals. Looks like he won't be favoured at Norwich so why not give him a go.

mi1o

Not too sure about this striker situation, we took a risk with O'Donovan thinking he might do the same thing, scoring in a lower league and i dont even think he started a league game for us this season.

bamalamafizzfazz

Not too sure about this striker situation, we took a risk with O'Donovan thinking he might do the same thing, scoring in a lower league and i dont even think he started a league game for us this season.

O'Donovan is a strange one and since Thorn took charge I have wondered whos idea it was to get him. I am leaning towards him being a Boothroyd decision but maybe that is just hope. The fact is though that clubs sign players, some work some don't, it is about finding that single player who could just be good enough to make a real impact. I think the staff will know why O'Donovan has hardly ever played but really someone should have defended this signing.
My point is you can't just rule out picking up raw talent who have performed well in lower leagues just because other signing haven't worked out. For every O'Donovan, Platt or Baker (to an extent) there is a Keogh, westwood, Dann or a Fox. So who knows.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not a chance on Jimmy Bullard the max we would pay him is 10-15k I guess and I wouldn't pay that because of the chance he will break down again and we would be wasting our money

kg82

The wages are the sticking point but I think signing Bullard would give the fans and the players a real lift - it would show a bit of ambition. I can't see it happening mind!

Re: wages offered to King and Westy. Where'd you hear they were offered around £20k? That seems a hell of a lot for a club supposedly threatened with administration. Again though, if it's true, it actually shows a bit of ambition.

Rich

The wages are the sticking point but I think signing Bullard would give the fans and the players a real lift - it would show a bit of ambition. I can't see it happening mind!

Re: wages offered to King and Westy. Where'd you hear they were offered around £20k? That seems a hell of a lot for a club supposedly threatened with administration. Again though, if it's true, it actually shows a bit of ambition.

I can't reveal my sources cos that'd make me normal.

Ok go on then It was my Girlfriends old man.

Rich

Yeah he normally has an idea. But I doubt that we will ever find out for definite. You must remember that the club are hoping for investment over summer so maybe Admin is not going to be a problem going forward?

pusbccfc

that cody mcdonald looks good he won a lot of awards in league 2 this season... ''On 21 April 2011, McDonald was named the ESPN PFA Fans' Player of the Year for the Football League Two.[15] McDonald also won Gillingham's Player of the Year, Player's Player of the Year, Sponsor's Player of the Year and Goal of the Season at the end of season awards ceremony held on Sunday 8th May 2011.[16]'', thanks Wikipedia he has scored a hell of alot of goals for other teams to, could be a good signing, hope we get him ;)

Coventry87

Jimmy Bullard would be great at City - the Championship needs someone like him now Robbie Savage has retired (similar haircut!). You can always tell those that have played in the Premiership, they have a different type of vision, could only bode well for those playing alongside - not sure what the current wage cap is though - can we afford him?

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we are offering 20k p/w for King and Westwood I say let them go
20k x 2 x 52 > 2 million
That could be spent in other places
I thought the offers would have been closer to 10k for Westwood and 15k for King

Users who are viewing this thread