Transfer Targets (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter TrevorsathisPeake
  • Start date
T

TrevorsathisPeake

I know it's still early,but considering the amount of players we need to bring in i'd liked to have seen or heard of some transfer activity.Someone like Billy Sharp would be perfect for us,up for grabs for £1million,yet it looks as though we are not intrested.There were rumours going round that we would have 5/6 million quid to spend in the summer,even though i and many others knew this was'nt true,surely we have a little money to play with.Apparantley we are a well run club with no debt,yes,i understand lets not go waste of load of money,but if we are well run lets see something for it.No doubt we will bring a few players in,4 or 5 have been mentioned,whilst hopefully that will add on the quality,it's also worth remembering we are VERY low on numbers,and when we pick up the odd injury or suspension we can't rely on unproven youth.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Just seen on sky sports news that Mick McCarthy is willing to let both Andrew Surman and Andy Keogh leave Wolves.They would be 2 good signings,don't know if we'd stand realistic chance of getting either of them though.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Think he's at the world cup.It's alarming how short we are.Apart from right-back maybe,you could say we need strengthning in every position.

chrispy

totally agree!we need to get some quality players as it proved last season we were not good enough.

smileycov

Facebook User
i can't believe we haven't even had a squek of transfer activity!!! all our targets must be in south africa ha-ha

T

TrevorsathisPeake

When you consider we possibly need another keeper,we'll need 2 if Westwood leaves.A left back,1 or maybe 2 centre backs.I'd say 2 wide men,2 centre mids,and 2 maybe 3 strikers.Around 10 players is probably whats needed,but i don't think thats gonna happen.4/5 is more realistic.
I'm not saying we need to bring these players in as first choices,but for e.g, McPake and Wood are a decent partneship,but McPake's injurys are a concern,Turner's not good enough and Grandison's an unknown quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:

hsccfc

I'd say 2 wide men,2 centre mids,and 2 maybe 3 strikers.

Maybe only one winger, IF McIndoe or Bell perform better and i think Carl Baker should be seen as a first choice right winger. I don't think we need to worry about Central midfield so much, Clingan is absolutely quality and if gunnar gets it sorted he can play, Deegan has shown promise and if it the worst come we could look to Isaac Osbourne or maybe Doyle. But YES at least 3 Strikers.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I agree,Clingan is quality,along with Westwood he's first on teamsheet.I just dont think 1 decent centre mid is enough,as was proved when Sammy was injured last season.We need to bring someone in to partner him in the middle.I don't think Deegs and Gunnar are any better than back up.I think McIndoe and Bell are OK,Bakers unproven,just think we need a good standout wideman.I suppose up front is biggest concern now.

Users who are viewing this thread