Transfer Window Predictions (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

I take aaron Martin back on loan and swap obika for Turnbull with swindon time to wheel and deal Russel

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A swap deal for Turnbull would be a very good deal for us if we manage to sign a decent 25-29 year old monster.

Captain Dart

A swap deal for Turnbull would be a very good deal for us if we manage to sign a decent 25-29 year old monster.
I think we need 3 decent CB's in squad 2 is not enough, one injury and you can forget any chance of a clean sheet (not that there has been one since 1st Nov in a league game).

Chipfat

For me he needs to bring in 5 or 6 players, if that's loans or free's that doesn't matter, what matters are they are keen to dig in and prove they as individual can produce at this level. Everything at the club is built on the next 4 months model, so we cant get any worse than to bring in 4 younger high energy free agents that want to prove they can play and are worth keeping on and a couple of older heads to steady the changing room and direct on the field. This with Stokes coming back in and keeping Sterry the 6 could make a massive difference depending on how they settle, at the moment we are sinking so why not try to flood the squad and see how it falls. The only other way than that is bring in Haynes, Lawton and Harries and get older heads on short term deals to try to stay up.

I do however see trouble coming for Slade, he is saying if players like Stevenson are to go to balance the books then do it early to give him a chance of structuring the squad till the end of season. For me that is somebody who is really not being told the truth about how the owners see it. They are not selling to reinvest or even looking at the field they sell for pure balancing of books not squads. So Slade will not get a heads up on Stevenson or anyone else, he will walk in one morning and find players are gone. Slade needs to balance the squad or flood it, that's his decision to make and most important one, either way he is in a hide into nothing, if i was him id go nuts out, forget what TF or MV are saying, expect the unexpected and use the money he has available.

He has been brought in because the other two have screwed up, so why listen to them, he should give them a list of players and control what he can, with what he has. I found it very worrying when he said he will consult MV about players, i would of looked at the squad and asked MV 2 questions, is the state of this squad through decision making or is this squad down to necessity? and how much space do i have in the budget?. The next words would of been now over the next week i'm bringing you a list of players that fit my needs, find out quick, how many are affordable and forget the rest, bring that list back to me. The rest then is down to Slade picking up who he knows would be keen to work with him. Within the club i would listen to very few not because they are bad or dont know the game. Just purely on the fact they are in it and may not see the wood for the trees and need a complete outside eye to rectify the future. Tough job at a tough time for Slade, needs a quick turn of luck on the field and in the transfer window if he is to see us safe.

Covstu

Midfield is key for me, we have no one who can out a foot on the ball and control the middle of the park. This takes pressure of the back two

Nick

Administrator
Perversely looking forward to the window to see what's done.

That will change come the end of Jan

Captain Dart

AFCCOVENTRY

If Stokes is back and Clarke comes in, defence looks much better already. But will Stokes stay injury free till the end of the season?
Seems quite decent, one wonders why Mowbray couldn't do a deal like this? Age 33, height 6'1" with little injury history.

It's almost like give us Clarke as part of the Vincelot deal.

st john

Also it's refreshing to read comments on the Bradford forum, most seem to genuinely wish the best for us.

torchomatic

I don't really understand why people get on Turnbull's back but Willis seems immune from criticism, Willis is all over the place.

Agree with this. I think Turnbull is alright. Willis messes up a few times but this is very rarely mentioned.

Nick

Administrator
Why is nobody outside Ryton? I'd probably be sad enough if I didn't have a family etc now. Down to Ryton for a peek, then straight ontop osh and the beers for nye!

torchomatic

Why is nobody outside Ryton? I'd probably be sad enough if I didn't have a family etc now. Down to Ryton for a peek, then straight ontop osh and the beers for nye!

Why not ring them constantly?

Users who are viewing this thread