Transfers this week (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm not overly concerned that we might not be seeing more bodies in just yet

I'm more concerned that the longer pre season goes on, the longer we will trying to build a team with existing bodies who could potentially leave before the start of the season completely scuppering our plans! Bit like when we get players coming In last minute and either haven't had a proper pre season or aren't too familiar with our set up

Nick

Administrator
surely Robins will have a good idea on who is going to go or stay so knows who to include?

Colin Steins Smile

I would think that Robins will be focused on moulding the first team practices around those he's banking on being key players this season. The real positive is that the club has the core of the team working together from the first day of pre-season.

ccfchoi87

For me we still need a CB, CM (Lussey),
LM (Moorhouse) and a striker. Plus replacing players that leave like Reid

Esoterica

Assuming we have the budget I still think we need:
Striker
2x Left Attacking Mid
Creative Attacking Mid
Centre Back
I presumed the slow down in activity was because the budget is more or less used up, so we're now at the player's mercy to decide what they're doing. Turnbull can wait til the end of July to trigger his clause, Willis probably won't get sold until Turnbull makes his mind up, Thomas trying to get himself the best offer etc.

SkyBlueCRJ

I presumed the slow down in activity was because the budget is more or less used up, so we're now at the player's mercy to decide what they're doing. Turnbull can wait til the end of July to trigger his clause, Willis probably won't get sold until Turnbull makes his mind up, Thomas trying to get himself the best offer etc.

Future transfers will definitely depend on exits. What makes you think Willis will be sold?

better days

im not sure jones has decision making to be a number 10. but he will scare teams when running at them from anywhere on pitch
Robins is apparently working closely with Jones to improve his decision making
Most young creative players need help with this when they make the step up to men's football and come up against much older, experienced defenders
It should have happened under previous managers but maybe they were under too much pressure with the results being so bad

rupert_bear

Let's not forget we have also signed 7 from the youth set up I don't know who is good, bad or indifferent but they must in Robins's opinion be good enough to come in and do a job maybe there's a centre half amongst them.

steve82

I'm not concerned at all with the likely outgoings, to me nothing has changed on what we already knew and I'm sure MR has spoken to possible players in regards to if they are interested in coming in. MR has upped the ante by the now public omissions of Harries, Turnbull, Reid.....

Turnbull we all already know he has a clause and my trigger it, MR aware and would of spoke regularly to see where he's at hence he's left behind and we'd already brought in Rod Mcdonald as his likely replacement given the amount of left sided central defensive options currently here.

Reid, whispers were he was told he was free to go before Saturdays revelation over his gentleman's agreement he could leave.
Replacement still to find.

Willis is our player for another 12 months and I'm sure MR is aware he may face bids for him again but we need cover still there regardless of if he goes or not.

Stevenson again same as Willis, he's our player but likely to be of interest to a few clubs up the leagues.

Harries, not been a regular 1st team player yet tho has the technical abilities and awareness. Again likely to be if interest and a currently a disposable asset with regards to who'd be the one to sell if we needed/wanted too.

Thomas we all knew he'd have offers on the table and they've come from top flight clubs so instantly MR would of had his doubts but again has secured the services of Peter Vincenti.

So to me, nothing new has come to light. We just need Turnbull, Reid and maybe George Thomas to choose what they are doing.
But to me it's Turnbull and Reid who are hampering preparations stalling on there futures as they may be on good wages here which we could possibly use wisely to replace with 3/4 new players

Esoterica

Future transfers will definitely depend on exits. What makes you think Willis will be sold?
Nothing other than I think Robins will only want one of him or Turnbull + another CB, so if Turnbull decides to stay I think they'll be back in touch with the clubs who have previously shown an interest. I just think they're 500-750k short of funds for where they want to be this season and 2 of Thomas, Willis, Stevenson will get us there. Turnbull making his mind up is part of the current delays. All my own perceptions though as I am one of only 3 posters on this board who is not 'in the know' or with a connection at the club.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Talk of Dominic Samuel going to Blackburn for £500k. Ive found it very frustrating to see Mowbray signing players he was after when he was here but couldn't get. I think Blackburn will win League 1... Well, they will certainly be top at Christmas.
Mowbray is the Cliff Richard of football management.

hamil99

Facebook User
Does anyone know if we had a sell-on clause for cyrus cristie? I would of thought so, could mean we have an extra boon to our transfer fund and explain why we are taking on more trailists.

ccfchoi87

Does anyone know if we had a sell-on clause for cyrus cristie? I would of thought so, could mean we have an extra boon to our transfer fund and explain why we are taking on more trailists.

We got compensation fees for Christie as he was out of contract I think. Someone posted an article that suggested most of this compensation relates to sell on clauses so I'm guessing we would've got something.

SkyBlueCRJ

Nothing other than I think Robins will only want one of him or Turnbull + another CB, so if Turnbull decides to stay I think they'll be back in touch with the clubs who have previously shown an interest. I just think they're 500-750k short of funds for where they want to be this season and 2 of Thomas, Willis, Stevenson will get us there. Turnbull making his mind up is part of the current delays. All my own perceptions though as I am one of only 3 posters on this board who is not 'in the know' or with a connection at the club.

I think the likely player to be used to top up our budget so to speak will be Harries, as he's currently training with Liverpool at the minute on a trial basis. If we are able to get the reported 500K compensation fee for Thomas along with an adequate transfer fee for Harries, our budget will be more than acceptable for bringing in 5/6 players. Especially if we get the likes of RCC, Reid and Turnbull off the books as well. Because of this, I think Willis is very much a part of Robins plans for this season. Also, much of the previous interest from clubs has died down because his continuous lack-luster performances for us last season. Those such as Rotherham are now looking elsewhere I believe.

hamil99

Facebook User
We got compensation fees for Christie as he was out of contract I think. Someone posted an article that suggested most of this compensation relates to sell on clauses so I'm guessing we would've got something.

I was thinking we would of got something, would love to know how much? Does anyone have an idea what the borough payed tor him?

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm in your gang so that leaves one

Liquid Gold

You would assume we would have a 25% sell-on clause at least. So that would mean at least 500k has come back to the club.
It's 20% very maximum. I think somewhere between 10 and 15% is more likely. Plus we don't know if the £2m to Derby is up front and when we'd receive our portion of the cash.

All in all I don't think it's going to significantly affect our transfer plans this summer.

hamil99

Facebook User
B
It's 20% very maximum. I think somewhere between 10 and 15% is more likely. Plus we don't know if the £2m to Derby is up front and when we'd receive our portion of the cash.

All in all I don't think it's going to significantly affect our transfer plans this summer.

Fair enough, I always thought if a player leaves and it goes to tribunal, a minimum of 25% sell-on was part of the deal. Still I do belive its probably more complicated then that.

SkyBlueCRJ

You would assume we would have a 25% sell-on clause at least. So that would mean at least 500k has come back to the club.

25% Would be a huge sum, no chance we would've been able to bargain such a high percentage in the sell on clause, especially with Cyrus being out of contract at the time. It'll be 10% max IMO.

Terry Gibson's perm

25% Would be a huge sum, no chance we would've been able to bargain such a high percentage in the sell on clause, especially with Cyrus being out of contract at the time. It'll be 10% max IMO.

Looking at some business we have done in the past we probably have to pay Derby 25% instead

Users who are viewing this thread