Transfers this week (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Without seeing them play I am happy with the speed the club have signed these players at no point waiting for players you may never get.

But hurry up and make your mind up to the players who might go.

Esoterica

Talk of Dominic Samuel going to Blackburn for £500k. Ive found it very frustrating to see Mowbray signing players he was after when he was here but couldn't get. I think Blackburn will win League 1... Well, they will certainly be top at Christmas.
I don't really get your frustration, jealous at the money spent maybe but he's just doing exactly what he did here with a bigger budget. Released 8 plus lost arguably their best player to Bournmouth and only signed 4 (with less than 4 weeks of pre-season to go ) of which at least 2 have been for fees including 750k for Bradley Dack. Add another 500k for Samuel and the huge wedge Peter Whittingham must be on and that won't be far off our entire budget for last season. Blackburn's budget must be absolutely massive for them to spending that kind of money on league 1.

stevefloyd

Thomas scored a glorious goal at Wembley and errr not too much else did chip in with a few goals but there is much much better out there so if he goes so be it !! Same with Willis and Stevenson, they are ok ish players but hardly world beaters if we get some cash in for them and re invest that wouldn't trouble me either, as I said at the end of the season it wouldn't worry me which of our 'players' left because most of them were gash at some point in our relegation season !!!!
I would like us to get an experienced goal scorer in and some bruiser at the back but I doubt all our business will be done in this window and as pointed out before theres still the loan window although at this stage I would like us to try develop what we have rather than take a punt on some head in the clouds youngster from the prem or championship

better days

Thomas scored a glorious goal at Wembley and errr not too much else did chip in with a few goals but there is much much better out there so if he goes so be it !! Same with Willis and Stevenson, they are ok ish players but hardly world beaters if we get some cash in for them and re invest that wouldn't trouble me either, as I said at the end of the season it wouldn't worry me which of our 'players' left because most of them were gash at some point in our relegation season !!!!
I would like us to get an experienced goal scorer in and some bruiser at the back but I doubt all our business will be done in this window and as pointed out before theres still the loan window although at this stage I would like us to try develop what we have rather than take a punt on some head in the clouds youngster from the prem or championship
That's a good call especially as we have given so many graduates from the youth team their first pro contracts this season

skyblueelephant76

There's no loan window anymore, it was removed for last season. Whatever we have come 31st August will be it until January (bar any free agents who are available).

Somerset Sky Blue

I'm afraid it is a gang of four - me included....

As for the main topic thread - agree that business looks good so far - would like to keep home grown players like Willis, Thomas and Stevenson, as I think they are all good enough for league two...but, crucially, if MR doesn't have them in his main plans (or doubts commitment) and thinks he can replace with similar quality in a more vital position, then so be it - I think I'd be very happy if he somehow manages to get £500k+ and is allowed to buy a blockbuster player who will make a major difference to the side.

Users who are viewing this thread