Trophy parade (1 Viewer)

westofrayne

is this all leading up to an open top parade for Wasps at the end of the season? Maybe changing street names?

maybe I'm reading too much into this but we know they are not interested in the football club, but by offering this small token, they can go all out for Wasps at the end of the season?

Terry Gibson's perm

is this all leading up to an open top parade for Wasps at the end of the season? Maybe changing street names?

maybe I'm reading too much into this but we know they are not interested in the football club, but by offering this small token, they can go all out for Wasps at the end of the season?

You cynical devil but of course they will be

Sick Boy

Wouldn't surprise me...the streets would be pretty dead though.

italiahorse

It's all about building bridges.
If we want a parade then they will accommodate.
Personally up to now I'm not bothered but I would settle for a lap of honour at the Ricoh in recognition of the event. Although there would be more for the same at Wembley.
We can all argue the positives (building the stadium) and negatives (selling to Wasps) of the council actions but at the end of the day prolonging it helps no one.

martcov

How do you know the council is not interested in CCFC? Maybe it's like with John Sharpe - they won't do business with SISU and, in this case, a current CCFC director because they are named on JR2 and of past experiences.

Last time we won something, we had a parade and a banquet for the team in the Leofric Hotel - sponsored by the rate payers.

The councilors live in Coventry and I cannot believe that the majority have no interest in CCFC.

Their elected responsibility is to the council tax payers first and as long as the JR2 hangs in the air they will not be doing anything which could be detrimental to the financial interests of tax payers.

Doesn't mean that the council is not interested in CCFC. Drop the JR and put a stadium and business plan on the table. Then we will know how interested CCC are.

italiahorse

Nah their followers love a freebie, the council will send people round to get people out of their homes to support our great success story the London Wasps.
The burden of all this will age you. Get over it for your own sake.

Perhaps in view of the council cuts they could put one bus on for Wasps (APL winners) and CCFC (Checkatrade winners). ;)

christonabike

How do you know the council is not interested in CCFC? Maybe it's like with John Sharpe - they won't do business with SISU and, in this case, a current CCFC director because they are named on JR2 and of past experiences.

Last time we won something, we had a parade and a banquet for the team in the Leofric Hotel - sponsored by the rate payers.

The councilors live in Coventry and I cannot believe that the majority have no interest in CCFC.

Their elected responsibility is to the council tax payers first and as long as the JR2 hangs in the air they will not be doing anything which could be detrimental to the financial interests of tax payers.

Doesn't mean that the council is not interested in CCFC. Drop the JR and put a stadium and business plan on the table. Then we will know how interested CCC are.
Watch out you will have Grendel accusing you of being up the councils arse because you arent blindly following is ill judged beliefs!

Terry Gibson's perm

Perhaps in view of the council cuts they could put one bus on for Wasps (APL winners) and CCFC (Checkatrade winners). ;)

No idea what an apl is I don't follow minority sport?

Just googled it is it the the Atlantic premier league?

Adge

A victory parade-reward for a season of failure! Jeez-what next!

sylus

Can we be humiliated even more than we have already, yeah i think we can!! ..i'd piss myself if this happens.only in Cov

Nick

Administrator
Does gilbert really have to make "benjamin buck" so obvious?

It's just trying to stir shit up, open top parade for check a trade???

Warwickhunt

As long as it's on our bus in the transport museum:shamefullyembarrased:

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm using what they call a smart phone. It allows me to leave home, get notifications and post from anywhere. ;)

Have a lovely day in the sun Italia hope your Wasps lose to whoever they are playing today:emoji_fingers_crossed:

Brylowes

If we win, they should give them a banquet in the current Hotel that used to be the Leofric.
And then make them stay the night as well.
Just what they deserve.;)

italiahorse

If your Wasps win anything the council can save a few quid on the bus by borrowing one from the other places they have played before

No need. Spotted on J3 island today on a practice run.

9d7b44c2a4c0d5ceff7e417df16c122d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread