Trust letter (1 Viewer)

NottsCov

Havent seen this anywhere, copy of the letter sent to Fisher from the Cov facebook page.

Dear Tim

You recently invited the Sky Blue Trust to assist you in the planning and implementation of your plans for the team to play their home games away from the Ricoh Arena.

We informed you that the Board had voted unanimously to decline your invitation but because of the open and democratic nature of the Trust we put the issue to our members. The results of this are now in and the Board has received overwhelming support for their decision and therefore decline your offer.

The Trust urges you to scrap these plans and instead work together with all the other involved parties to do everything possible to negotiate a deal that enables our team to play at their home, the Ricoh Arena - for the sake of the fans, the community and the team.

The Trust would be happy to engage in discussions to facilitate the team playing home games at the Ricoh next season.

On behalf of the Sky Blue Trust

RegTheDonk

The trouble with the Trust is its all very well issuing statements like this, and fair play to them they are like minded fans who want the best for the club and the fans .... but without resources ie. a member who has a pots of dosh, their only real means of getting something done is as a pressure group.

They should concentrate on lobbying the council, or ultimately (and unfortunately) encourage their members to boycott games until their aims and objectives are met (which would have to be agreed by all their membership to have any validity) Those aims need to be 100% firmed up though, be it SISU to agree a deal with ACL, or SISU to sell the club.

They can talk to Tim and SISU as much as they like, but without showing their teeth, what is the point?

MichaelCCFC

From little acorns and all that Reg.

Is 'little acorns' some kind of euphemism?!

One of the recurring points when you talk to other Trusts is that the kind of mess we're in is likely to drag on for a long time yet so patience is a virtue and all that kind of stuff. Very dull, but beginning to feel very true.

MichaelCCFC

43 years is more patience than most have had to show.

Is it only 43 years? Somtimes feels a lot longer than that! I guess everyone has their own view of when the rot set in. '87 through to 90/91ish for me had a lot of highlights. Off the pitch a lot of people would point to 96/97 as a truning point so maybe the fa cup game at sheff u in 98 was the last real high. Looking at posts on here over the last couple of weeks it seems that people used to be divided about being pro/anti acl/sisu, but now there are fewer people giving sisu the benefit of the doubt but in terms of what next there seem to be suggestions of everything from boycotts to AFC coventry but with no sense of consensus. I might be reading it completely wrong but just my thoughts.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is it only 43 years? Somtimes feels a lot longer than that! I guess everyone has their own view of when the rot set in. '87 through to 90/91ish for me had a lot of highlights. Off the pitch a lot of people would point to 96/97 as a truning point so maybe the fa cup game at sheff u in 98 was the last real high. Looking at posts on here over the last couple of weeks it seems that people used to be divided about being pro/anti acl/sisu, but now there are fewer people giving sisu the benefit of the doubt but in terms of what next there seem to be suggestions of everything from boycotts to AFC coventry but with no sense of consensus. I might be reading it completely wrong but just my thoughts.

I suppose I'm referring to not an isolated high, but a league campaign that ended in a top 6 finish. It's a shocking record.

MichaelCCFC

I suppose I'm referring to not an isolated high, but a league campaign that ended in a top 6 finish. It's a shocking record.

Absolutely. My first game was 1971 so I was around in 87 but how many supporters at other clubs could say that in 40+ years of following a team they have never seen a top six finsih/promotion/a play off game...but looking to the future, BSB, what's your view?

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely. My first game was 1971 so I was around in 87 but how many supporters at other clubs could say that in 40+ years of following a team they have never seen a top six finsih/promotion/a play off game...but looking to the future, BSB, what's your view?

Unless the situation changes drastically with regards to ownership and subsequently the Ricoh then I feel we're going to be up against it next season. Longer term this is always going to be a huge burden on the club's shoulders but the key to removing it lies in SISU's departure.

The potential here is massive and would just take someone who isn't Tim Fisher to unlock it.

MichaelCCFC

Unless the situation changes drastically with regards to ownership and subsequently the Ricoh then I feel we're going to be up against it next season. Longer term this is always going to be a huge burden on the club's shoulders but the key to removing it lies in SISU's departure.

The potential here is massive and would just take someone who isn't Tim Fisher to unlock it.

The big question then is what sisu might consider an acceptable exit option? I can't imagine they would say no to a new investor offering them silly money but that doesn't seem seem likely. So what happens in a scenario where: if, as some people believe, sisu's aim is to distress acl and get the ricoh on the cheap; acl stick to the rent offer they have made; sisu refuse the offer and move home games outside cov with a promise of a new stadium at some point - where does that leave us? That scenario might sound mad but if people are right that sisu's strategy is about getting the ricoh rather than trying to increase income through success on the pitch, it might no be that mad.

SkyBlueHomer

Hate to be defeatist but I would take 5th from bottom now if it was offered. I think next season is already a write off, the only saving grace for us is this league is an awful standard and takes nothing to get out of it just a bit of consistancy

Brighton Sky Blue

The big question then is what sisu might consider an acceptable exit option? I can't imagine they would say no to a new investor offering them silly money but that doesn't seem seem likely. So what happens in a scenario where: if, as some people believe, sisu's aim is to distress acl and get the ricoh on the cheap; acl stick to the rent offer they have made; sisu refuse the offer and move home games outside cov with a promise of a new stadium at some point - where does that leave us? That scenario might sound mad but if people are right that sisu's strategy is about getting the ricoh rather than trying to increase income through success on the pitch, it might no be that mad.

They must realise that they aren't getting all of the money back. It just comes down to how much they are prepared to write off-half your money back beats none of it.

MichaelCCFC

They must realise that they aren't getting all of the money back. It just comes down to how much they are prepared to write off-half your money back beats none of it.

This question has been knocking around on here for a long time. £60m is often quoted but last summer people were saying sisu would go for £5 million. You would have thought that something more definite would have emerged by now which is in part why I begin to wonder if we're barking up the wrong tree and people who say sisu see the Ricoh as a prize that offers them a far bigger return might be right, so hanging on to ccfc (with team affairs having a completely balanced budget and there being no interest in what happens on the field) to achieve that aim is more important than selling ccfc to a new owner (unless someone offers very silly money which would, indeed, be silly). Just random thoughts really!

Brighton Sky Blue

This question has been knocking around on here for a long time. £60m is often quoted but last summer people were saying sisu would go for £5 million. You would have thought that something more definite would have emerged by now which is in part why I begin to wonder if we're barking up the wrong tree and people who say sisu see the Ricoh as a prize that offers them a far bigger return might be right, so hanging on to ccfc (with team affairs having a completely balanced budget and there being no interest in what happens on the field) to achieve that aim is more important than selling ccfc to a new owner (unless someone offers very silly money which would, indeed, be silly). Just random thoughts really!

The club might owe £60m but the group, and that is the overriding factor, probably doesn't. If you want a more accurate picture look at SBS+L's accounts which show how much has gone in from the SISU funds as well as ARVO. It is true but (intentionally?) misleading to say the club owes that much.

RegTheDonk

Well sisu are mad. ACL, if they were struggling, could accept a donation from ph4 to keep them afloat until 2015 when they would be able to sell to a non ccfc buyer. He steps in and gets developing. Sisu left with no home within cov and the fa breathing down their necks. Meanwhile, city fans turn their back on "home" games as sisu lose more money. I dont know why fisher and co just cut their losses and sell up. You gamble in football and youll prob go bust if you dont invest, they should realise that by now surely.

letsallsingtogether

Of coarse they realise they just don't care..:blue:
Well sisu are mad. ACL, if they were struggling, could accept a donation from ph4 to keep them afloat until 2015 when they would be able to sell to a non ccfc buyer. He steps in and gets developing. Sisu left with no home within cov and the fa breathing down their necks. Meanwhile, city fans turn their back on "home" games as sisu lose more money. I dont know why fisher and co just cut their losses and sell up. You gamble in football and youll prob go bust if you dont invest, they should realise that by now surely.

MichaelCCFC

'Mad' or is sisu a very particular type of business with a particular way of acting? One of the few bits of info you can find about sisu is the Times 2005 article which gets mentioned on here from time to time and that said things like Sisu is one of a number of hedge funds that “are refusing to play by the traditional rules". The article was about a sisu-KPMG court case which sisu lost with the article saying sisu were left with an estimated legal bill of at least £6m whereas the deal proposed by KPMG would have resulted in a £30m profit for sisu and that even if sisu had won the case it would have increased the payout by just a few more million pounds. So this is very different approach to what a 'normal' business would do and returns to the point I was trying to make earlier about sisu maybe not actually being interested in selling up at all?

davebart

I believe SISU is a management company. None of it is their money. They are paid to make money for other (faceless and nameless) people. They can be given licence to do absolutely anything to achieve profit without any of it coming back on the real financiers.

This is why I was against SISU taking control of CCFC from the outset. Nothing but nothing matters to them but making a profit for their investors. Possibly they may want to make the club a success (although I don't believe it) but if they need to destroy the club to achieve their aims they will do it. Or indeed anyone else who gets in their way.

I'm surprised they have taken so long to show their true colours.

MichaelCCFC

I believe SISU is a management company. None of it is their money. They are paid to make money for other (faceless and nameless) people. They can be given licence to do absolutely anything to achieve profit without any of it coming back on the real financiers.

This is why I was against SISU taking control of CCFC from the outset. Nothing but nothing matters to them but making a profit for their investors. Possibly they may want to make the club a success (although I don't believe it) but if they need to destroy the club to achieve their aims they will do it. Or indeed anyone else who gets in their way.

I'm surprised they have taken so long to show their true colours.

If this view is correct where does that leave us?

Users who are viewing this thread