Turning back (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I reckon it would pain some to see youngsters (and olduns) excited or anything positive to do with CCFC.

Sky Blue Kid

I reckon it would pain some to see youngsters (and olduns) excited or anything positive to do with CCFC.

If you want to aim that post at me then reply to one of my posts then I'll know.
Fwiw I want our kids to be excited about CCFC but can't/haven't seen anything positive done over the last 8-9 years by our owners. Now if you can, then I say you're very, very, easily pleased.mate.

Nick

Administrator
If you want to aim that post at me then reply to one of my posts then I'll know.
Fwiw I want our kids to be excited about CCFC but can't/haven't seen anything positive done over the last 8-9 years by our owners. Now if you can, then I say you're very, very, easily pleased.mate.

I've seen plenty of kids and grown ups excited about CCFC.

You sitting 100+ miles away trying to moan about everything and anything possible to do with it doesn't alter that, the same as it doesn't change FP seeing coaches with kids in city shirts etc.

You can try and play the "you must be happy with SISU" line all you want, it doesn't change facts that people are excited and will be leading up to the new season / matchday. It's not about the owners, it's about CCFC that people get excited. See Wembley as an example.

I'll see a long line of kids at the kids party waiting to meet and see the players and thinking it's the best day ever. There will be the odd grown man trying not to be chuffed too!

SkyBlueZack

It's the team and the football that excites fans not owners. Who weren't excited about going Wembley this year? Still, carry on moaning. It's what you're good at.

Sky Blue Kid

So you're excited about the team and the football? Tell me you weren't excited when JH rocked up and our owner bought him a complete forward line. Everyone had a "Feeling" we were going places, which we did almost straight away. Can you truthfully say the same thing about our Club ATM in time with the present owners?

Nick

Administrator
So you're excited about the team and the football? Tell me you weren't excited when JH rocked up and our owner bought him a complete forward line. Everyone had a "Feeling" we were going places, which we did almost straight away. Can you truthfully say the same thing about our Club ATM in time with the present owners?

I couldn't have been excited as my dad was probably about 4 or 5 then... Maybe that's the issue, people think it's still the 1960s.

I am excited about going to watch my team play football again yes. Looking forward to pre season too.

Sky Blue Kid

I couldn't have been excited as my dad was probably about 4 or 5 then... Maybe that's the issue, people think it's still the 1960s.

I am excited about going to watch my team play football again yes. Looking forward to pre season too.

Sorry I did a "You"... My post was in reply to SkyBlueZak

Sky Blue Kid

No mate...Maybe it's because our Football Club had a f**king great owner,and manager, who actually wanted the Club to do well and made positive moves to do so.

Nick

Administrator
No mate...Maybe it's because our Football Club had a f**king great owner,and manager, who actually wanted the Club to do well and made positive moves to do so.

That still doesn't get away from the fact that it was nearly 60 years ago and people are excited now because of CCFC and the football season, not because of SISU or the owners whether you like it or not.

Tens of thousands of people had the time of their lives less than 4 months ago because of CCFC. They were excited because of CCFC. They were happy because of CCFC.

You can't use Jimmy Hill as a reason for people to not be excited by the football season. It's like saying you can't be excited about picking up your new car because in your day everything was different and your horse did a better job.

Astute

My little boy can't wait for next season to start. If you asked him who SISU are he wouldn't have a clue. If you told him we are shit he wouldn't believe you. He would tell you that we are the best. Nothing wrong with that.

The politics is an adult thing. He will understand it as he gets older. But je goes to CCFC games. He has no reason to follow a club that is always on TV or in the media in many ways. His team is real. It isn't about wearing a top that he got for his birthday or Christmas but will see rarely if at all.

Nick

Administrator
My little boy can't wait for next season to start. If you asked him who SISU are he wouldn't have a clue. If you told him we are shit he wouldn't believe you. He would tell you that we are the best. Nothing wrong with that.

The politics is an adult thing. He will understand it as he gets older. But je goes to CCFC games. He has no reason to follow a club that is always on TV or in the media in many ways. His team is real. It isn't about wearing a top that he got for his birthday or Christmas but will see rarely if at all.

Reminds me of being a kid. Arguing with man Utd fans that they are worse than us and asking where they sit at old Trafford.

How many 7 year olds in Premier League kits could name the board members etc?

There's no need to fill a kids head with that sort of stuff.

Last edited:

covmark

Really looking forward to the start of the season with the usual blind optimism.
It'll probably be extinguished after the first 5 games.
I know it's division 4 and all that and we have the worst owners in the history of football, but I genuinely think Robins is going to start the good times.
Oh and I've had a gut full of Cricket and Tennis already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

That still doesn't get away from the fact that it was nearly 60 years ago and people are excited now because of CCFC and the football season, not because of SISU or the owners whether you like it or not.

Tens of thousands of people had the time of their lives less than 4 months ago because of CCFC. They were excited because of CCFC. They were happy because of CCFC.

You can't use Jimmy Hill as a reason for people to not be excited by the football season. It's like saying you can't be excited about picking up your new car because in your day everything was different and your horse did a better job.

I suggest you re-read my post again. Good owners, good manager, equal progress. As have been proven!.... Bad owners, equal relegation as have been proven CCFC, Blackpool, Charlton, etc. Got nothing to do with 60 years ago... Southampton, Chelsea, Man City, Bournemouth, all had backing.

Nick

Administrator
I suggest you re-read my post again. Good owners, good manager, equal progress. As have been proven!.... Bad owners, equal relegation as have been proven CCFC, Blackpool, Charlton, etc. Got nothing to do with 60 years ago... Southampton, Chelsea, Man City, Bournemouth, all had backing.
Billionaire owners, I'd support ccfc whether we had them or not.

You are the one missing all points.

How many people were excited for Wembley regardless of owners?

End of the day, you aren't bothered either way and if we won the league it would only be league 2 and how far we have fallen people having the cheek to be happy about it.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I suspect some we're annoyed that we won as they would have been able to have a go at sisu if we lost

Sky Blue Kid

All I want is to get rid of SISU and get a owner in that really cares about Coventry City FC. I can cope with watching us play home and away if positive steps are being taken to try and improve the Club. But then, that would make me a "Glory supporter" wouldn't it!

Sky Blue Kid

End of the day, you aren't bothered either way and if we won the league it would only be league 2 and how far we have fallen people having the cheek to be happy about it.

Thus showing the potential of support once SISU do one!
Just shows you haven't got a clue..Nobody is happy about where we are. Oh! and regarding supporting CCFC... Where are the other missing15k-18k fans now?

covmark

Just shows you haven't got a clue..Nobody is happy about where we are. Oh! and regarding supporting CCFC... Where are the other missing15k-18k fans now?
I'd say it shows that no matter who the owners are, a sniff of success and the fans will return.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

You are the one being shown over and over in this thread as not having a clue. Kids don't wear city shirts, no excitement etc.

I'd guess they were all at Wembley while we had the same owners a few weeks ago.

People support ccfc, they will be excited for the new season. There will be hundreds of kids at the kids party excited.

You will be 100 miles away and other old fellas without kids will be trying to preach how the kids feel etc. Meanwhile people with kids say different.

I'm not the one preaching to parents on here about excitement when you wouldn't care less if we win every game 7-0 anyway. No idea why you even bother with a ccfc site, you aren't interested in the football at all.

Sky Blue Kid

You are the one being shown over and over in this thread as not having a clue. Kids don't wear city shirts, no excitement etc.

I'd guess they were all at Wembley while we had the same owners a few weeks ago.

People support ccfc, they will be excited for the new season. There will be hundreds of kids at the kids party excited.

You will be 100 miles away and other old fellas without kids will be trying to preach how the kids feel etc. Meanwhile people with kids say different.

I'm not the one preaching to parents on here about excitement when you wouldn't care less if we win every game 7-0 anyway. No idea why you even bother with a ccfc site, you aren't interested in the football at all.

Seriously?... Said it before..Re-read what I've posted.

Users who are viewing this thread