Turning back (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I thought we were talking about Coventry City?

Your examples are all about billionaire owners

Got nothing to do with 60 years ago... Southampton, Chelsea, Man City, Bournemouth, all had backing.

All of your rants in here are based about finance.

We would still be running at break even etc if we had a fan takeover tomorrow with no billionaire owners to pay for players the club couldn't afford it's self.

Sky Blue Kid

Westwood? So was it SISU or Boothroyd? Would he want to work for a manager who as you put it had 'disrespected' him? Baker was dumped by Pressley but you're still trying to stick that on SISU. It's desperate. Players come and go. There is no such thing as loyalty in football, look at MR and his sky blue blood. It's not the 60's. Did Murphy leave and take a pay cut? You are solely going on what the players have said, which these days means very little.

Research you numpty... You will find out.

NorthernWisdom

I remember growing up in the late 80's/90's being one of thr only cov fans in school, everyone else supported mainly Liverpool or the likes of Everton, Man United or Villa. We were in the premier and it was a rarity to so see cov shirts. I used to get so much crap for supporting cov. In fact of my group of best friends only 2 support city, 3 support Liverpool, 1 united and the other WBA. All born and raised with city in the top flight and on our door step.
Similar for me (but you can dd Leicester to the other clubs followed... and Forest! instead of Villa, with a fair few Liverpool glory hunters at that time), but then again you could also argue that's part of the reason our gates haven't held up as well as say Sheff Utd and Norwich when we fell down.

We've been pretty diabolical in trying to catch people for all of my lifetime, really!

And sure, the ones that go along love it but then isn't that the frustrating thing? They love it, but the club over *decades* hasn't focussed on the next generation.

(Microcosm of society, that!)

Astute

And yes that's true, SISU are not to blame for everything wrong at CCFC. but please be patient with me whilst I try to think of something that they WEREN'T to blame for.
We were already seriously in the shit before SISU took over. Look at how many clubs overspent in the Prem and as soon as they lost their place in it carried on going lower.

My main problem with them is the way they dealt with the Ricoh and the aftermath.

Sky Blue Kid

We were already seriously in the shit before SISU took over. Look at how many clubs overspent in the Prem and as soon as they lost their place in it carried on going lower.

My main problem with them is the way they dealt with the Ricoh and the aftermath.

And you've never seen me say any different mate. Our debt was reduced from over £60m to around £25m-£30m before SISU takeover, and like stated it was serious debt, yet SISU claim to have cleared all debt and CCFC were one of [QUOTE Ray Ranson... One of only 3-4 Football Clubs totally free of debt.] Now I would say that going from "Debt free" to allegedly being £60m..£70m(Pick a number of your choice) without owning your own ground, when having ample opportunity to buy into the Ricoh was far more serious.

Astute

And you've never seen me say any different mate. Our debt was reduced from over £60m to around £25m-£30m before SISU takeover, and like stated it was serious debt, yet SISU claim to have cleared all debt and CCFC were one of [QUOTE Ray Ranson... One of only 3-4 Football Clubs totally free of debt.] Now I would say that going from "Debt free" to allegedly being £60m..£70m(Pick a number of your choice) without owning your own ground, when having ample opportunity to buy into the Ricoh was far more serious.
Didn't I state on the Ricoh fiasco?

Externally we were debt free. And you know what I think of Fisher twisting the truth when he can. To me the internal debt is there for the balance sheet maybe because of the JR's and to be able to keep a tight grip on our club. It helped them when we went into administration.

Sky Blue Kid

Didn't I state on the Ricoh fiasco?

Externally we were debt free. And you know what I think of Fisher twisting the truth when he can. To me the internal debt is there for the balance sheet maybe because of the JR's and to be able to keep a tight grip on our club. It helped them when we went into administration.

Yes you did mate, but you never stated under which ownership. ;)

NorthernWisdom

Well we were only debt free in the same way we are now.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread