Twenty's Plenty (1 Viewer)

Hi guys,

I'm a freelance journalist working on a piece for Shoot Football, regarding the Football Supporter's Federation initiative - Twenty's Plenty, where away fans are charged a maximum of £20.

With Coventry being the first, and I believe only club to commit fully to the initiative therefore I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving your thoughts and answering a few of the below questions:

Are you happy with your club's decision to commit to Twenty's Plenty? Yes or no? Why, why not?

Is it something you would like to see introduced throughout the leagues?

As travelling fans yourselves, how affordable are away games in League One?

How affordable are your home games?

Feel free to add any additional thoughts too - the more, the merrier! Many thanks for your time, great to see you doing well this season too. I'm a Norwich fan and chuffed to see Jacob Murphy doing well for you.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, thanks again for your time and sorry to be a bother!

lifeskyblue

Twenty' plenty is a great initiative and more clubs should follow our lead. I think it makes a statement about the need to have an atmosphere in a ground and away fans are part of that. Football without a crowd is well.....us at Northampton.
Away games v mixed prices....some reasonable value others not. At times clubs see the likes of us and sheff Utd as bumper pay days. Happy with what I pay at Ricoh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matesx

Are you happy with your club's decision to commit to Twenty's Plenty? Yes or no? Why, why not?

Yes indeedy, football should be affordable to the ordinary man. An added bonus is that a bigger away crowd makes for a better matchday atmosphere.

Is it something you would like to see introduced throughout the leagues?

As above, football should be affordable at any level. The Premier League in particular have no excuse to maintain high gate prices with the vast TV money they receive.

As travelling fans yourselves, how affordable are away games in League One?

Bit steep for me. £25 to watch Bradford and Swindon. Really?

How affordable are your home games?

Excellent value on ST (about £12 a game, free for some kids) or multi match-packages.
Average on walk up prices.

Specs WT-R75

With the extra billions on offer to the premier league clubs, rather than paying already overpaid players even more money because that is the new "going rate", all clubs should be forced to offer a certain percentage of it's tickets at an affordable level.

Our home games are amongst the cheapest in the league given that we have a flat rate pricing structure. ST wise I think only Bradford were cheaper at £149 vs our £199. But yet even Bradford charged our away fans £25 a game recently which is 1/6th the price of their season ticket. It's pretty outrageous really. The reality is £20 or £25, there is not really much difference, but it does soon add up if you are travelling as a family.

I'd like to see capped pricing, and a commitment that further TV windfalls won't just end up in the player's pockets but rather make football more affordable for the fans that actually go and watch it to encourage that -- rather than having to keep forking out for ever higher sky subscriptions.

P.S. Thanks for Murphy... any chance you will sell him if we get promoted!?

Joy Division

For me personally the prices for games at the Ricoh have meant I've been to every home game this season as I was unsure about getting a season ticket. True, being as we are playing good football and doing well may have some influence but anything higher than £20 then I would normally pick and choose my games. This way the club is retaining my regular support.

I've also noticed a lot more younger fans attending games, most notably teenagers who probably are already City supporters but possibly finding attending games a lot easier.

I echo the comments above about affordable away prices too. The more away fans there are it creates a better atmosphere in the home ends too, I'm all for £20 being the absolute top price.

stevefloyd

Its a brilliant plan.. i think there should be a cap throughout world football lets face it who on this earth is worth £300k per week... absolutely ridiculous. Keep football at a reasonable rate and lets try and fill all our grounds

Paxman II

Frankly in the lower leagues (as we are) all the promotion we can do pays dividends in the long run with better attendance breeding better 'on site' spend on concession stands etc etc. A crowd breeds atmosphere and everything emanates from that. So with that in mind in the lower leagues entry should be free for travelling fans for all league fixtures. Imagine how many we would take to Sheffield then? It would still be controlled by allocation - with you having to pick up your entry voucher as you would a ticket as obviously some grounds in the lower leagues have extremely limited space.
I'd love to see 5000+ fans from Sheffield take up one end of the Ricoh and create a fantastic atmosphere and sales of pies and beer would be more than worth it to ACL/WASP.

Nick

Administrator
I think every team should sign up to it to be honest, it is all well and good Bradford shouting about their low prices for home fans, but they whack the prices up for away fans. At least our pricing is decent for both sets fans.

OffenhamSkyBlue

25 quid for an away match on a rainy Tuesday night in November is a disgrace. Bradford City clearly haven't a moral (or financial) bone in their bodies!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your response, they're really excellent and much appreciated! Hope you're all well.

With regards to Murphy staying on if you get promoted, I'm not sure for certain. He's highly rated down here, but again with all young players, it gets to that point where they either need to start playing at their parent club or move on. Either way, should we stay up and you come up, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on loan again next season and ideally that'd be a Championship move - so you'd think returning to you guys would be perfect.

Again, best of luck with the rest of the season. Certainly rooting for you guys! Thanks again for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread