U18/U21 Development Thread (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Looks like the first team form in infectious :D

Anyone know how the overall top scorers looks? 10 in 7 seems a ridiculous return, but I know you can get some silly scorelines at that level.

AndyM

U18 Professional Development League 2 results & tables.
36de145f06c599d5aecd352cea735e48.jpg

0f0ef72947837a3b87452b7aa5f59ec0.jpg

fd909bc1f6c9814bc0a04969e8652717.jpg

Follow @ccfc_youth on Twitter.
http://www.twitter.com/ccfc_youth

1966skyblue

Watched this game, lots of quality and because they are younger and not been brainwashed into 442 they play the 5 3 2 formation really well. Loads more pace. Centre backs and midfield all good. Both Kelly Evans good wing backs and real threat up front

AndyM

The U18s have notched up their 7th win of the season after beating Forest 2-1. Goals scored by Jordan Shipley and Bassala Sambou.

AndyM

Just a reminder that the U18s kick off their FA Youth Cup campaign with a home tie against Peterborough Northern Star at Nuneaton Town FC tomorrow night (7:30).

AndyM

how was the game andy? maddison excellent again?

The game went pretty much as you'd expect - the better team created lots of chances and the inferior team struggled to keep possession and get forward. What was noticeable was that along with being better technically, the Coventry lads looked quicker and fitter, and pressed aggressively to win the ball back when they didn't have it, but I do think there was a tendency for most of them to try and do too much at times because they knew the opposition was of a lower standard. I guess this is something psychological that probably affects players at most levels.

Maddison was good, and I think two of the younger lads, Callum Maycock in centre-mid and Jacob Whitmore at right-wingback, did really well. The 3 at the back weren't really tested too much, and can't recall Corey Addai in goal having much to do at all.

AndyM

Why are the leagues split North and South when you play teams from both leagues?

Taken from http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/2014-15_Under-18_League_2

"The league is split regionally into north and south divisions, with each team facing opponents in their own region twice both home and away and opponents in the other region once. The sides finishing in the top two positions in both regions at the end of the season will progress to a knockout stage to determine the overall league champion."

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City manager Steven Pressley has revealed that the club is currently in the process of “creating links” with clubs overseas in order to secure the best young talent.

The manager admitted that the recruitment policy across the club was weaker than when he first arrived 18-months ago, but believes that the changes that are currently being made will see the club prosper in the long-term.

“I think recruitment at a football club is so vital and it really is an area that cannot be neglected at any level,” Pressley said.

“I think over the last year we’ve tried to drive and improve the recruitment policy. We now have seven to eight scouts on the road every week searching for players identifying players and doing the necessary reports on them.

“Also, with the youth system and the Academy side of things, we are now creating links with clubs out of this country. We’ve taken this route so we can get the best young players from across the world because we have to go about looking to improve the club all the time, at all ages.

“Recruitment is a big area that we’ve needed to improve - when I arrived we had one scout and he produced the reports on players and that was it. The truth is if you’re going to sign any player you need a full extensive dossier on them. We’ve not had that and that’s an area we are striving to improve and an area which we have definitely improved on over the past 18 months.”

Users who are viewing this thread