UK Legal system. (1 Viewer)

hotrod

Hi

What is our legal system coming to,I today 12th Aug 2017 received a "General Form of Judgement or Order"dated 10th Aug 2017 with regards a claim I have made asking me to submit further details by the 9th Aug 2017 with failure to do so my claim will be struck out.

At the bottom of the order there is this comment,can anybody explain please?

"This order has been made by the Court on its own initiative without a hearing .Any party affected by this order may apply to have it varied, or set aside an application within 7 days of being served with it"

Regards.

Last edited:

Otis

Hi

What is our legal system coming to,I today 12th Aug 2017 received a "General Form of Judgement or Order"dated 10th Aug 2017 with regards a claim I have made asking me to submit further details by the 9th Aug 2017 with failure to do so my claim will be struck out.

At the bottom of the order there is this comment,can anybody explain please?

"This order has been made by the Court on its own initiative without a hearing .Any party affected by this order may apply to have it varied, or set aside an application within 7 days of being served with it"

Regards.
Well to set it aside means to suspend it I believe while further information is being brought forwards.

If you are making the claim though this is for the other party to try to get it stopped if they feel they have just cause.

Sounds like they want more details on whatever claim you have made.

dutchman

Well to set it aside means to suspend it I believe while further information is being brought forwards.

If you are making the claim though this is for the other party to try to get it stopped if they feel they have just cause.

Sounds like they want more details on whatever claim you have made.

But he would need a time machine in order to do it by the deadline stated!

Captain Dart

Surely you received (were served) the judgement on 12th Aug so that is when the deadline starts?

Was it delivered by post or by hand.

hotrod

Surely you received (were served) the judgement on 12th Aug so that is when the deadline starts?

Was it delivered by post or by hand.

It was delivered by post, the Order was dated 10th August 2017 instructing me to comply by August 9th.

Regards.

hotrod

Went to the Court yesterday to complain about the Order sent to me. I was asked to complete a "Variation Order" they then had the audacity to say "Using our discretion we will not charge you for this application" no apology for ineptitude or for the inconvenience they have caused for me having to make a trip to the Court.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread