Uncomfortable reading.... (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

Not if immigrants invade the pitch and start grabbing at all the female arses they can get their hands on.

Sounds like a typical match in the Benny Hill Sunday League. :D Not a lot of footy goes on, mind...

Sick Boy

Wouldn't have a bit of a problem with judgementalism there would you Sickie?

It had a massive influence on me- all of my ideas on immigration have been picked up from places I lived in.

Many of my mates, old girlfriends, wives and kids have all been from outside Europe from a variety of faiths and races, as it happens, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fair play to you but it is bizarre that you appear to tar a whole group of people based on the actions of a minority.

If you don't mean to come across that way then you probably need to have a think about how you come across.

Harry Krishner

Fair play to you but it is bizarre that you appear to tar a whole group of people based on the actions of a minority.

If you don't mean to come across that way then you probably need to have a think about how you come across.

I stand by pretty much everything I said.

martcov

20 rockers , bouncers etc. have attacked 6 Pakistanis in Cologne. They arranged their "people hunt" over social media. The idea was to "clear up after new year". 250 hooligans have rioted last night in Leipzig. They are supposedly Lok Leipzig fans - who also attacked an event I was at in 2014. They lost that time - some took a kicking. Shall we now say that all Germans are Nazis? Some undoubtedly are - and judging by the shared posts I keep getting - the trend is more in this direction.

SIR ERNIE

What do you say about the almost daily attacks on refugee camps in some parts or Germany?

I'd say that it shows that there is a significant percentage, possibly even a majority of the German population who don't want such huge numbers of migrants to be allowed to settle in their country. Perhaps they believe that Merkel's 'Open Door' announcement was out of step with the general consensus of the people. Perhaps they believe that in a democratic country, the people should have been allowed to agree to such an important and irreversible decision.

Sick Boy

If it wasn't asylum seekers these same people would attack another minority.

I have no time for bigots and extremists on either side and I find violence towards women abhorrent.

It's sad that the actions of a minority now represent the majority. As I said, plenty of white British men have disgusting attitudea towards women, does this mean that all white British men are the same as these people?

Sick Boy

The world is getting smaller and smaller due to the Internet and globalisation and people are always going to go where there is money and work.

Anyone else would do the same.

Joy Division

I'd say that it shows that there is a significant percentage, possibly even a majority of the German population who don't want such huge numbers of migrants to be allowed to settle in their country. Perhaps they believe that Merkel's 'Open Door' announcement was out of step with the general consensus of the people. Perhaps they believe that in a democratic country, the people should have been allowed to agree to such an important and irreversible decision.

So its okay for some people to attack others then.

martcov

What is the question? Do you think Germany should abide by the Geneva Convention? Do you think Germany should help people fleeing a war zone? Do you think Germany should be run as a humanitarian country? Or do you think that Germany should allow huge numbers of migrants to settle? I think the phrasing of the question is very important. The people rioting in Leipzig about refugees not accepting German laws were the same ones, or rather some of them, who attacked the security on an event I was at and put the guy next to me in hospital. I suspect that the majority of Germans are worried about what's going on, but will not engage in violence. Merkel is the chancellor and was elected, indirectly, to be so. She had to make a decision and did so. She was very popular and still is, but less so. The upcoming state elections will show what the public thinks.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I find it bermusing that something like this happens and people are able to firstly sweep it under the carpet, and secondly point the finger in the other direction when people with an actual pair of balls react badly to it.

Yes, there is a humanitarian crisis going on, but this is all over the world and not just Syria, and it isn't even something happening just recently. 'Refugees welcome' has sent out a message that anyone and everyone can come and take advantage, and sadly the people that really need the help at the moment (like the village reported on the news in Syria without food) have mostly not got it. They're the ones that are stuck, they are the ones that are dying. Children, women, the elderly.

To be unable to have a reasonable debate because the 'racist' card comes out, and to deny such events have happened where large groups of migrant men are assulting women (Sweden today admitted they have been covering up a similar thing) because the fear of offending is stronger than our own safety and security is completely barking mad.

There are lots of people in desperate need of help and they need to get it. I'm not saying a personality test at the border, but it must be realised that when you let an astronomical amount of people from third world countries into a (fairly) civilised western society, there are going to be integration issues.

All the people that are saying 'British men abuse women too' aren't wrong, but there are always going to be rapists, and murders, and thieves. The thing that must be realised is that whilst there are some British men that are capable of such things, they don't do it in groups of a hundred at a time. The fact that there have been incidents all over Europe tells you Cologne isn't a one off isolated event, and something should be taken from that.

Sometimes I feel like I want the world to stop so I can get off. This stupidity and political correctness needs to end. The help needs to go directly to the most vulnerable, and these monsters responsible for these attacks need to be taken back.

How bad could it have been in the areas that they've come from if they're prepared to behave like this and risk being deported? Or have we become such pushovers in Europe that they know there's no risk of that?

martcov

The Syrians are not the most criminal, in fact they are not noticeably criminal - in relation to the number of migrants ( there are many Syrian criminals, but there are hundreds of thousands of Syrians coming in ). The higher percentage crime of crime per country of origin is Morocco and Algeria. Countries not at war. Plus there are chancers claiming to be Syrian to get in. Austria has just sent 3000 back ( or wants to send them back - not so easy ) for making false claims of nationality. The Morocans are economic migrants- unemployed, uneducated youths many of whom bought a one-way cheap ticket to Turkey to sneak in with the refugees. The Syrians are more of a cross section of society, which is probably why their statistic is nearer to ours. The police at the Munich station say that there were many families at the start, but there are now mainly young men arriving.

SIR ERNIE

The Syrians are not the most criminal, in fact they are not noticeably criminal - in relation to the number of migrants ( there are many Syrian criminals, but there are hundreds of thousands of Syrians coming in ). The higher percentage crime of crime per country of origin is Morocco and Algeria. Countries not at war. Plus there are chancers claiming to be Syrian to get in. Austria has just sent 3000 back ( or wants to send them back - not so easy ) for making false claims of nationality. The Morocans are economic migrants- unemployed, uneducated youths many of whom bought a one-way cheap ticket to Turkey to sneak in with the refugees. The Syrians are more of a cross section of society, which is probably why their statistic is nearer to ours. The police at the Munich station say that there were many families at the start, but there are now mainly young men arriving.

Don't worry, Merkel's now working on her next mad campaign to fast-track Turkey's EU membership application.

As an interim step she wants to give Turkey's 78 million muslims visa-free travel throughout the EU, starting July.

Nick

Administrator

I'm sure people said months ago that there would be plenty being let in everywhere who don't actually need to be. When they were rioting at borders and people got shot down for saying anything about it because they "needed help". People still wanted to just let everybody in though. :(

chiefdave

I'm sure people said months ago that there would be plenty being let in everywhere who don't actually need to be. When they were rioting at borders and people got shot down for saying anything about it because they "needed help". People still wanted to just let everybody in though. :(

That's the problem. There was no plan in place. Its pretty obvious people who are having bombs dropped on them are going to try and get out.

If you move away from the mainstream media you can see that, despite what we're told, its not just ISIS being bombed. Hospitals, schools etc are being hit. If that started happening here you wouldn't hang around, you'd be through the channel tunnel as fast as possible.

chiefdave

Don't worry, Merkel's now working on her next mad campaign to fast-track Turkey's EU membership application.

Why they feel the need to keep expanding the EU is beyond me. Should have stopped, at the latest, when they let the Nordic countries in back in 95. Since then its just been adding poorer counties in for the rest to support. You don't need to be an expert in politics, economics or similar to foresee that causing issues.

Nick

Administrator
That's the problem. There was no plan in place. Its pretty obvious people who are having bombs dropped on them are going to try and get out.

If you move away from the mainstream media you can see that, despite what we're told, its not just ISIS being bombed. Hospitals, schools etc are being hit. If that started happening here you wouldn't hang around, you'd be through the channel tunnel as fast as possible.

I have no issue with people needing help getting help, it is just the people who take advantage and ruin it for the people who are actually needing help and support from other countries :(

martcov

Migrants barred from a swimming baths in Germany, is that legal?

Don't know. They have told the asylant home that the ban is not permanent. When the message has been understood, the ban will be lifted. I don't know how that works. Carneval ( Mardi Gras ) has been cancelled in one small town because of fears that the muslim men may get the wrong idea. 10 percent of the Population there are refugees.

SkyblueBazza

TBH Muslims take offence at the slightest thing, very over sensitive.

One of the phrases oft used by Muslims is 'you should respect our religion', well frankly I do not respect any religion per se, though I'm willing to give any idea, moral or philosophical argument or practise respect if I can agree with it, that does not mean I think a religion as a package has to be swallowed whole. As for worshipping a God or Gods, that is out of the question in my world and I view proselytisation and as morally wrong.

Rant over :)
Admit it...you just wanted to use that great big 'p' word that everyone else will need to look up really didn't you?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Don't get my point? The refugee thread clearly showed the mentality of the left minded people. There all good people, open the borders for all. Now this has appeared they have all gone quiet. Don't even condone the actions which says it all
Don't consider myself a leftie - & even foresaw troubles ahead from this influx. I think the majority of the 'lefties' you speak of were trying to make the point that, as ever, the migrants aren't all unlawful...just desperate to reach the safest haven as far from their own hell-hole as possible.

SkyblueBazza

Sorry, but treading lightly around the issue of Islam is tantamount to ignorance; like Nick said, and Turkey being a prime example, the mentalities are stuck in the Middle Ages and frankly, it's not a lot to do with religion.

Especially in Turkey, where my mum lived for 7 years, religion is not adhered to and the men in particular show great hypocrisy by eating pork, smoking, drinking, but then quote the Qu'uran whilst beating their 'insolent' wives.

I do not, for one second, attribute 90% of the worlds political and social problems with Islam, but they sure do know how to be hypocritical ignoramuses.
Just like our leaders...Blair had faith - largely in the bomb

Religion itself is harmless - possibly good even. It is only when those who seek power over others get hold of it & send people on massive guilt trips that madness takes over

Personally...I have worked with women & men from & in Turkey, Egypt, Russia, USA, Saudi Arabia & many other countries. Men are equally dominant in all these place to the same degree. Mainly because of strength. The degree that the majority exercise that dominance & the form it takes isn't massively variable from what I have observed (younger men exercise their physical power over women, as they get older & marry...the power shifts in most cases - or the bloke doesn't get fed nor get his leg over!)
The way it is reported DOES suggest the differences are massive. Bet you could easily find a fair proportion of young white women that are very badly treated in Coventry & even relatively remote villages. It goes on everywhere...it is abhorrent...it is wrong..its mostly a form of bullying - but the law seems incapable of changing it.
It is also an instinct which in the UK has been overcome to a degree with most men...less so in some of the other parts of the world.

SkyblueBazza

I rise to the bait.... Although I am not a leftie.... I am disgusted. These scum should be sent home. But, it's not that easy. Firstly you have to identify them and then prove that they are individually guilty. Difficult with a mob. Then some don't have papers and others will point to the Geneva convention. We don't know if they were all refugees. The police say Syrians have not been noticeably criminal. The ones that are noticeable in this respect ( pickpocketing in groups ) are young Morocans and people from Kosovo and Romania ( gypsies ). My experience was in October, when 3 'Arab looking' men came to my pub Halloween party and pickpocketed my guests. At this point there was no sex involved. These people seem to be people who were already here - there were reports last year of young Marocans in Hamburg. It is not just Arabs that are bad ( the majority are not ) - although the current trick is often carried out by Arabs. After the "Wende" ( fall of communism), I was beaten up and left in the gutter in East Germany, partly for money and partly for being dressed as a Wessie ( was wearing modern clothes from the West ). I spent 10 days in hospital where I was told that this happened a lot. The type of people who beat me up ( skins ) are now screaming how bad the refugees are. "Comedy gold" as one says on here.
Remember 'steaming' on the underground? Same sort of offences thing different scale perhaps?

SkyblueBazza

The difference is that homosexuality is legal in Ireland and the UK and has been for some time, admittedly Ireland was only 20 years ago. Unlike Libya, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco Oman, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Sudan etc etc etc

Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Yemen are places where being homosexual is punishable by death. All of these countries have something in common, can't put my finger on it.....
It is the fact that in all these countries homosexuality is punishable by death?
Surely you aren't scared to use the word Islam?
Although once again - if you visited the average bloke or woman in the street...most would disapprove of gay/lesbian relationships (I suspect they would in the UK too)...they would also disapprove of serving them with the death penalty!

SkyblueBazza

Having come late to this thread & read through...all I do is link it to another thread about an English National Anthem...
"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

Nick

Administrator
What's that about somebody saying germany should ban alcohol if they want migrants to fit in?

martcov

What's that about somebody saying germany should ban alcohol if they want migrants to fit in?

Not heard that- yet. Migrants - or at least some of them - drink alcohol. Efes beer from Turkey is popular. Raki also. There is discussion from the Muslim council here about having a Muslim bank holiday in addition to or instead of a Christian bank holiday to help integration. I would prefer the UK idea of a "Spring bank holiday" and drop Whitsun. Maybe renaming all bank holidays and dropping the church calendar as the date setter ( e.g. Easter and Ascension Day ) would help In other words, no religion gets a specific holiday. Keep Christmas, but as in the U.S. refer to it as the holidays. "Happy holidays" is often used as a greeting by Americans. Most people would still celebrate it as Christmas, but if it isn't your religion, just enjoy the holidays.

I don't like the idea of the party names CDU and CSU in German politics. The C standing for Christian. I would drop the word Christian to help integration and go for a secular state. All religions would be equal - enjoy your religion amongst yourselves, but the state stays neutral. That would be a great gesture and an example of how to help integration.

Some of the migrants on New Years Eve were drunk. I cannot see many migrants as being against Germans drinking alcohol. Some look down on Germans for eating pork. Should we ban pork?

Nick

Administrator
Not heard that- yet. Migrants - or at least some of them - drink alcohol. Efes beer from Turkey is popular. Raki also. There is discussion from the Muslim council here about having a Muslim bank holiday in addition to or instead of a Christian bank holiday to help integration. I would prefer the UK idea of a "Spring bank holiday" and drop Whitsun. Maybe renaming all bank holidays and dropping the church calendar as the date setter ( e.g. Easter and Ascension Day ) would help In other words, no religion gets a specific holiday. Keep Christmas, but as in the U.S. refer to it as the holidays. "Happy holidays" is often used as a greeting by Americans. Most people would still celebrate it as Christmas, but if it isn't your religion, just enjoy the holidays.

I don't like the idea of the party names CDU and CSU in German politics. The C standing for Christian. I would drop the word Christian to help integration and go for a secular state. All religions would be equal - enjoy your religion amongst yourselves, but the state stays neutral. That would be a great gesture and an example of how to help integration.

Some of the migrants on New Years Eve were drunk. I cannot see many migrants as being against Germans drinking alcohol. Some look down on Germans for eating pork. Should we ban pork?
Efes is nice.

I think so much about religion is hypocritical in all religions not just Islam.

Users who are viewing this thread