Unexplained experiences, paranormal, U.F.O's etc... (1 Viewer)

dancers lance

I have recently been invited along on a 'Most Haunted' style ghost hunt, as a complete non believer and person who always looks for the logical rather than the mystical I'm rather looking forward to it.

I have only ever had one experience in my life that I can't explain, but that doesn't mean it was extraordinary, I just put it down to an error on my part.

So, has anyone ever had an paranormal type experience that they can't logically explain?

Otis

I have recently been invited along on a 'Most Haunted' style ghost hunt, as a complete non believer and person who always looks for the logical rather than the mystical I'm rather looking forward to it.

I have only ever had one experience in my life that I can't explain, but that doesn't mean it was extraordinary, I just put it down to an error on my part.

So, has anyone ever had an paranormal type experience that they can't logically explain?
Only thing unexplained was when I was about 9 I think. Me and my two older brothers were playing about with an Ouija board and we 'contacted' someone who purported to be our great grandad.

We asked for something that could prove who he was and the board spelled out that there was a pocket watch in a locked drawer in our chest of drawers. The message was that it was bought in 1933, cost 2 shillings and 6 pence and our great grandad gave it to our mum. The watch had stopped and wasn't working anymore.

We finished the session and went straight to our mum. We asked if she had a pocket watch and she confirmed it. It was locked in a drawer and hadn't seen light of day for over 20 years.

Neither I, nor my brothers had any knowledge of this watch, or its whereabouts. We had never ever seen it before. Didn't even know where the key was.

Our mum confirmed the watch cost 2 shillings and 6 pence and was a gift from our great grandad.

The other message from our 'grandad' on the board was that there was some ham in the fridge that had gone off.

On telling our mum, she went to the fridge to check and there was indeed some ham that had gone off.

She never let us play with the Ouija again and we had to give it away.

skybluetony176

No. My mother on the other hand see's every dream, squeaky floor board gust of wind etc. as a sign of paranormal activity. It comes from living in an old stone house on an island in the middle of a lough in Ireland as a girl. Truth is her brothers are still to this day a bunch of wind up merchants who use to tell the younger children that they'd seen this ghost or that ghost, even before they lived there the stories of the house were well known locally so all they had to do was back them up. I put this to one of my uncles some years ago and all I got was a cheeky telling smile, when I pushed him some years later he confessed all. They'd do things like one of them would hide upstairs and another would say we have a ghost that counts then shout up the stairs what's 2 + 2 and the brother hiding upstairs would stamp on the floor 4 times. My mum still won't admit to it, she would rather live in denial than admit she was fooled by her older brothers

dancers lance

There has been many tests regarding the Ouija board and it has a lot to do with the 'ideomotor effect' basically peoples hands are guided to spell relevant words 'unaided' when they can see the board, when the same people have blindfolds put on, the board stops making any sense and can't spell anything?

Otis

There has been many tests regarding the Ouija board and it has a lot to do with the 'ideomotor effect' basically peoples hands are guided to spell relevant words 'unaided' when they can see the board, when the same people have blindfolds put on, the board stops making any sense and can't spell anything?
Yep, heard that before, but I swear my brothers and I didn't even know the watch existed and our mum had never ever talked about it before, because she had forgotten she even had it.

Where would the 2 and 6 come from?

dancers lance

I wasn't trying to 'poo poo' your experience or pass judgement, just say a bit about the Ouija board as a phenomenon.
Yep, heard that before, but I swear my brothers and I didn't even know the watch existed and our mum had never ever talked about it before, because she had forgotten she even had it.

xcraigx

I woke to see 3 monks standing over my bed when I was 4/5. I didn't tell anyone and then 15 years later I was talking to someone about the paranormal and when I mentioned where I used to live he told me about 3 monks that are supposed to haunt the area. Proper shit me up as it's an early memory i've never been able to shake off.

Otis

Also wanted to add, as we were doing it, it didn't make any sense at all to us. We had no idea what it was talking about and we all gave each other blank looks.

Just sounded a lot of nonsense to us. When we told our mum though she was shocked and confirmed everything.

Even if one of my brothers had come across the watch there was no way he would know it was our great grandad's, or that is cost 2 and 6.

Sky_Blue_Daz

My mum and dad ran a few pubs in Coventry during the 80's and 90's
Anyhow a few hundred years ago one of the pubs had a small distillery next to the cellar and according to legend the inn keeper at the time hung himself in there
One night my dad was having a pint for himself in the bar after hours and is convinced the inn keeper walked past him
Once I worked in a residential college and was in a sluice room every one in the bedrooms on the side of the building was asleep but I her a small child laughing
Scared the shit out of me

J

Jack Griffin

Even if one of my brothers had come across the watch there was no way he would know it was our great grandad's, or that is cost 2 and 6.

Unless he overheard it being talked about. :whistle:

Otis

Unless he overheard it being talked about. :whistle:
But my mum had never ever talked about it before.

It had been locked away for years and never ever talked about. Completely forgotten.

Why would my mum suddenly come out with 'oh, by the way, I have my grandad's pocket watch locked away, oh and I better tell you, it cost him 2 shillings and 6 pence?'

It's not an interesting story to tell. He gave her this watch, she locked it away with other stuff and forgot about it.

Not saying I believe in spirits, but I can honestly swear to you that my mum never, ever talked about her childhood at all and never ever spoke of her grandparents either. Just the way she is.

Lived through the war and never ever mentioned that either. Very private person about her past.

As we'd never ever seen the watch, with it being locked away, we would obviously never talk about it because we didn't even know of its existence.

The only time my mum has ever mentioned her grandad is when we asked her about this Ouija message.

mrtrench

So here's the thing with the paranormal. Let's just imagine for a second that unexplained supernatural events do occur (and I don't necessarily believe that they do). What a blooming leap to assume that it's dead people trying to communicate with us! That bit is a barmy as a religion.

mrtrench

I once had an experience with an Uncle-in-Law who was a healer. I had a cold and he laid his hands on me - blow me down but three days later the cold was cured.

ccfc92

I went to a medium evening a few weeks ago, and wasn't particularly impressed, as there was 5 or 6 people spoken to in a large audience and they could easily have been plants.

The next day, I spoke to a lady at work who also claims to be a medium, but she hardly knows anything about me, particularly my family. I explained I'd been to a medium the night before but neither believed or disbelieved it.

The lady then just randomly said: "You have a man watching over you. He had 4 sons but one died early on. A frail lady is with him. Also, expect big changes in August"

Initially, I was confused, but remembered my Dad is one of 4 sons, and the youngest passed away as a baby before the other 3 were born, cot death IIRC. So it lead me to thinking of my Nan and Grandad.

There's no way she could have previously known about the 4 sons, so did she just guess lucky or...?

Last edited:

skybluejelly

The thing with ufos nearly everyone has a camera on them nowadays yet nobody has caught them on camera ... Now that is unexplained

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

First of all I would have been the first to take the Micky out of anyone who believed in ghosts but this all changed I worked at a pub/restaurant when I was 18, 8 years ago I was working as a waiter about 5/6 shifts in end of the night closing down the restaurant & setting up for breakfast for the attached hotel.

About 11:30pm this night I'm going around tucking chairs under checking fire exit doors are locked etc.
When I look down the far end of the this restaurant , view slightly obscured my wooden beams I see this old boy 70's sat at one of the tables I think bollocks he should have been out by now completely missed him before.

I walk down sort of looking at everything on my way glance up as I'm 30ft away still there he's not looking at me just in his own chilled out world.

There is a 2 step drop down to the area where he is so I'm
Looking at the floor as I go down look up and where the guy was sat im now 12ft away there is just this white mist over the table, I stand there going "WTF" walk back up say nothing for about 2 weeks.

Too quicken this story up basically had a convo with someone who had worked there long term & a manager I didn't mention the details directly as soon as i hinted at the area of the restaurant they both said "you saw the old boy sat at table 36".....
They were correct others had reported it over a few years.

Other stuff took place over the 3 years I was there that I can't explain all I would say paranormal but won't bore you with that.

Like I said I'd be the first to take the piss but after that night and other days I've become a lot open minded to this!

M&B Stand

The lady then just randomly said: "You have a man watching over you. He had 4 sons but one died early on. A frail lady is with him. Also, expect big changes in August"

Initially, I was confused, but remembered my Dad is one of 4 sons, and the youngest passed away as a baby before the other 3 were born, cot death IIRC. So it lead me to thinking of my Nan and Grandad.

There's no way she could have previously known about the 4 sons, so did she just guess lucky or...?

My dad died last year, he had 4 sons, his mom (my grandma) was quite slight and died years ago. I've no idea what changes to expect in August but it's got me worried.

Nick

Administrator
I saw a medium once, didn't believe it and still don't.

Both me and my wife went in at the same time, apparently we would get married one day (had been about a year).

We would have children (already had one).

She was trying to say things to read body language before she went into further detail, we didn't play up to it like some people did. (She would say somebody died and they would say "yes my grandad" or something and she would go from there).

skybluesam66

My dad died last year, he had 4 sons, his mom (my grandma) was quite slight and died years ago. I've no idea what changes to expect in August but it's got me worried.
maybe the play off dream is still on, and we are then in the championship playing against the villa

Nick

Administrator
The only freaky thing I can think of.

Hadn't discussed how my dad died with my daughter, when she was younger she always used to always sit upstairs and you could hear her giggling. She would say she was talking to somebody. Then one day she came to us and told us how my dad died even though nobody had ever told her, and said that he told her one day.

tommydazzle

Always amazing that mediums have to talk so cryptically - why can't they just say what they mean? Also the ghost thing is funny too - just think of all the things we could learn about the 'afterlife' but they are obviously more concerned with ham going off and the price of a watch!

No offence ;)

Nick

Administrator
Always amazing that mediums have to talk so cryptically - why can't they just say what they mean? Also the ghost thing is funny too - just think of all the things we could learn about the 'afterlife' but they are obviously more concerned with ham going off and the price of a watch!

No offence ;)

I think they talk cleverly to see if they can reel you in. They start of very vague and then try and get your reactions to go further in.

It is like if they say "I am getting a woman watching you" and people instantly say "My nan died, wow" and then they go from there. When I saw one we gave her nothing and she couldn't tell us anything at all.

Because there was a lot of family there seeing her one after the other she then tried to use some of those things from other relatives when she was struggling. Ended up telling my wife her dad was watching over her, she said it was a bit worrying because he was at home with her mum. If we had corrected her to say it was mine who had died, she would probably have gone all out on me then!

Otis

No offence ;)
None taken.

We were 9, 11 and 12. We asked childish questions.

What do you expect, 'please tell us all about the economic situation in your day and how you made ends meet?'

tommydazzle

Yes Otis much better question - or at least, what's it like being dead or are Coventry top of the league in your place and is Clarrie Bourton still banging them in?

Nick of course you're spot on and there's a great parody of this on Phoenix Nights. Also check out all of Derren Brown's debunking and lastly don't forget the James Randi Prize of a million dollars for any evidence of paranormal activity of any kind at all - obviously not claimed and never will be.

I expect this kind of stuff from Leicester where they still point at planes in awestruck wonder but in Coventry we've always had to be realistic and rational. You know there are some deluded folk in Leicester that really believe they are going to win the Premier League.

Liquid Gold

The only freaky thing I can think of.

Hadn't discussed how my dad died with my daughter, when she was younger she always used to always sit upstairs and you could hear her giggling. She would say she was talking to somebody. Then one day she came to us and told us how my dad died even though nobody had ever told her, and said that he told her one day.

Kids are frightening.

Sick Boy

We driving down the a23 v late last night and there was a man walking along, inches from the car. My girlfriend is now convinced it was a ghost after finding similar reports on some database.

Personally I think it was just someone without a brain.

Otis

We driving down the a23 v late last night and there was a man walking along, inches from the car. My girlfriend is now convinced it was a ghost after finding similar reports on some database.

Personally I think it was just someone without a brain.
A zombie you mean?

Pretty certain they don't exist either.

Otis

Yes Otis much better question - or at least, what's it like being dead or are Coventry top of the league in your place and is Clarrie Bourton still banging them in?

Nick of course you're spot on and there's a great parody of this on Phoenix Nights. Also check out all of Derren Brown's debunking and lastly don't forget the James Randi Prize of a million dollars for any evidence of paranormal activity of any kind at all - obviously not claimed and never will be.

I expect this kind of stuff from Leicester where they still point at planes in awestruck wonder but in Coventry we've always had to be realistic and rational. You know there are some deluded folk in Leicester that really believe they are going to win the Premier League.
I love Derren Brown and love all his debunking too.

I can quite clearly state I do not believe in spirits and ghosts.

There is no logical answer to my story, but that doesn't mean that I accept it as being the ghost of my great grandfather.

It just something unexplained and bizarre.

Pipehitterz

I'm believer of ghosts and UFO takes

There are many instances of rational people talking about encounters with both. I've had 3 or 4 ' ghost ' experiences since I was about 19, that I cannot explain.
One even involved voices in my ear from close range ( I felt breath) and there was nobody in the room with me . How can you possibly explain something like that?

ccfc92

I saw a medium once, didn't believe it and still don't.

Both me and my wife went in at the same time, apparently we would get married one day (had been about a year).

We would have children (already had one).

She was trying to say things to read body language before she went into further detail, we didn't play up to it like some people did. (She would say somebody died and they would say "yes my grandad" or something and she would go from there).

Was it a large group audience?

The one I went to, she claimed to see things like glasses, certain jewelry and pets etc without the person saying anything.

Like I said though, they could have been plants in the audience.

The woman at work I spoke to, it was spontaneous and she has no prior knowledge of my family etc, she didn't even ask vague questions, just came out with it. So now I don't know what to believe lol.

Nick

Administrator
Was it a large group audience?

The one I went to, she claimed to see things like glasses, certain jewelry and pets etc without the person saying anything.

Like I said though, they could have been plants in the audience.

The woman at work I spoke to, it was spontaneous and she has no prior knowledge of my family etc, she didn't even ask vague questions, just came out with it. So now I don't know what to believe lol.

Nah it was a personal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread