Unexplained experiences, paranormal, U.F.O's etc... (1 Viewer)

Otis

I went once. Some woman I worked with swore by this old lady, but she was absolutely rubbish.

'You're going to go abroad' that sort of thing.

'I can see you are a family of 4 people.'

'Err no, actually there are 5 of us.'

'Oh yes, that's right. I saw 4 or 5.'

Doh!!

Actually she might have been right, because my brother died 30 years later.

I think the whole thing is a nonsense.

ccfc92

I went once. Some woman I worked with swore by this old lady, but she was absolutely rubbish.

'You're going to go abroad' that sort of thing.

'I can see you are a family of 4 people.'

'Err no, actually there are 5 of us.'

'Oh yes, that's right. I saw 4 or 5.'

Doh!!

Actually she might have been right, because my brother died 30 years later.

I think the whole thing is a nonsense.

That is rubbish lol. I didn't believe the one we saw. It was about 80 people in the audience and pretty much only 5 or 6 spoke up. And it was the same 2 or 3 people every time.

I'm definitely scientific. Not very religious. Or haven't seen hard evidence for supernatural things. But the lady at work has definitely made me question. Like I said, it was a spontaneous conversation, with no questions. She literally just came out with it, and it was 100% accurate. Just need to see what happens in August :/

M&B Stand

The only freaky thing I can think of.

Hadn't discussed how my dad died with my daughter, when she was younger she always used to always sit upstairs and you could hear her giggling. She would say she was talking to somebody. Then one day she came to us and told us how my dad died even though nobody had ever told her, and said that he told her one day.

itd be more freaky if there was no way she'd ever overheard you or someone else talking about it, or someone else told her. I suppose that isn't a possibility, paranormal information pre load is far more likely.

Bank holidays aren't what they used to be.

Otis

Well I don't believe in spirits at all, but yesterday I went into the city centre and it was like a ghost town.

That was spooky.

Johnnythespider

Well I don't know how the medium thing works, but if I was attempting it i would check booking details for tickets, pick a few random people and check their Facebook profiles and ancestry uk. That would more than likely throw up enough to have some people wondering how I knew certain details of their life.
As for weird things happening to me, I was walking along the road once when this little boy who was in his front garden stopped what he was doing and looking at me said to his mother "that mans name is John". I didn't live in the road and don't know how he knew, weird

Otis

Well I don't know how the medium thing works, but if I was attempting it i would check booking details for tickets, pick a few random people and check their Facebook profiles and ancestry uk. That would more than likely throw up enough to have some people wondering how I knew certain details of their life.
As for weird things happening to me, I was walking along the road once when this little boy who was in his front garden stopped what he was doing and looking at me said to his mother "that mans name is John". I didn't live in the road and don't know how he knew, weird
Absent father's really do my head in!!!

Malaka

I an open mind but want to share this little tale
Psychometry.
My mum is well into this stuff and used to go to a spiritualist church. One day I came downstairs and there was a bunch of women holding personal items that they had brought along. I asked them what they were doing and they said hold the object, clear your mind and say what comes into your head.

I took an old looking brooch and saw an old lady tending a rose bush and I said what I saw, but I felt that the rose was symbolism and was an English thing but that the woman was trying to be English rather than .
being English.

I then saw a long line of people with their belongings walking down a country road with windmills in the distance. It turns out that the brooch belonged to someones mother who came to England as a Jewish refugee from Holland during the war. Now I don't know if i was being wound up, but on my families life that is what I was told.

I was telling someone else this story and they go on then and gave me a ring. I immediately saw a serious car accident with serious injuries and a death and gave it her straight back. I was working that night and it was my mates girlfriend who was at the chip shop that gave me the ring. I was supposed to be out with my mates that night but had to work instead.

The car that I should have been in crashed. One mate was killed instantly and two were hospitalised for months. My rationale for this is that the ring had nothing to do with those guys, so how could it have been psychometry?
Needless to say it shit me up and i have not done it since.

I also have dreams that come true the next day, I know when I have a premonition but I rationalise this by saying to myself that I have hundreds of dreams that do not come true, so some are bound to come true, law of averages.

Just for the record I did dream months before that we would win the FA Cup beating Tottenham, but my dream said we won 2-1.

As for UFO's I am well read on the subject, but yet to be convinced that they are from another planet. A telling off the cuff comment was made to a journalist who was told by an executive at Boeing that whatever you think we have developed, we are thirty years ahead of you. And so UFO's IMO are of this earth, but I am open to change.

Otis

Very interesting tales.

I take it you have never mentioned the car crash thing to any associated friends or family?

Sky_Blue_Daz

If anyone's interested there's a fella on talkradio called Howard Hughes who presents a show on a Sunday night from 10pm about supernatural and paranormal stuff

SkyBlue_Bear83

Never had any experiences myself, don't believe in spirit, ghosts, demons, psychics or any of that stuff.

I am open to aliens though, there are estimated to be 100-200 billion galaxies in existence with the milky way galaxy alone containing 100 billion planets. Would have to pretty long odds for Earth to be the only habitable planet.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
itd be more freaky if there was no way she'd ever overheard you or someone else talking about it, or someone else told her. I suppose that isn't a possibility, paranormal information pre load is far more likely.

Bank holidays aren't what they used to be.
There was no way she would know, nobody else told her either, she's too young

dancers lance

The chance that we are the only living thing in the cosmos is virtually zero, I just don't believe they have ever visited us or would even be aware we exist, just like us. If you look back at the history of UFO's it's funny how the design and capability of the craft seem to fit in with the technology and sci fi books/movies of that period in time.
Never had any experiences myself, don't believe in spirit, ghosts, demons, psychics or any of that stuff.

I am open to aliens though, there are estimated to be 100-200 billion galaxies in existence with the milky way galaxy alone containing 100 billion planets. Would have to pretty long odds for Earth to be the only habitable planet.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I am a fully fledged, total, committed non-believer in such twaddle! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in life has an explanation. Ghosts? Spirits? The only spirits I believe in are found in a bottle!

Last edited:

Otis

I am a fully fledged, total, committed non-believer in such twaddle! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in life has an explanation. Ghosts? Spirits? The only spirits I believe in our found in a bottle!
You do know the very old bloke in a cavalier outfit, sitting on your lap, is laughing right up his sleeve, don't you!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I defy anyone to show me a "ghost", "spirit", "zombie" or any other so-called paranormal claptrap.

Malaka

If anyone's interested there's a fella on talkradio called Howard Hughes who presents a show on a Sunday night from 10pm about supernatural and paranormal stuff 

Thanks for this Daz, I have downloaded a few podcasts and really enjoying them

dancers lance

I am of the same ilk, I love debunking everything as regards to the paranormal, however, I do find it very interesting hearing of peoples own experiences. A good friend of mine (one of the straightest, down the line, no bullshit people I have ever met) to this day, swears he was chased from Crackley Woods by an 8ft, very angry, man/bird hybrid in the early 80's and sticks to this story today? (and yes, I did ask if he had been mushroom picking). Now, I am not in any way saying this actually happened, but I am very interested in things that happen to people when they are young, then over the years they even start to believe it themselves and even embellish the story to make it more realistic.
I am a fully fledged, total, committed non-believer in such twaddle! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in life has an explanation. Ghosts? Spirits? The only spirits I believe in our found in a bottle!

dancers lance

They won't because it's bullshit, but these people love to make the rational try and look stupid. Believers will always say that The evidence they have is a 'personal feeling they had' like someone was watching them, the mood was very unsettling, they felt a presence and by being a non believer you just don't get it. That's not proof of anything, it's a desperate need to want to believe, to the point that any little anomaly is classed as 'paranormal'.
I defy anyone to show me a "ghost", "spirit", "zombie" or any other so-called paranormal claptrap.

oucho

The only freaky thing I can think of.

Hadn't discussed how my dad died with my daughter, when she was younger she always used to always sit upstairs and you could hear her giggling. She would say she was talking to somebody. Then one day she came to us and told us how my dad died even though nobody had ever told her, and said that he told her one day.

maybe she did it mate, candlestick in the billiards room etc?

oucho

You do know the very old bloke in a cavalier outfit, sitting on your lap, is laughing right up his sleeve, don't you!

Sounds like a stag do in Scholar's gone wrong...

dancers lance

Imagine being told the story, stone faced, I nearly shat myself I was laughing so hard.
:D

Sorry, this did make me :laugh: just a little bit.

Isn't that the dogging/cruising area, anyway?!?

oucho

I think they talk cleverly to see if they can reel you in. They start of very vague and then try and get your reactions to go further in.

It is like if they say "I am getting a woman watching you" and people instantly say "My nan died, wow" and then they go from there. When I saw one we gave her nothing and she couldn't tell us anything at all.

Because there was a lot of family there seeing her one after the other she then tried to use some of those things from other relatives when she was struggling. Ended up telling my wife her dad was watching over her, she said it was a bit worrying because he was at home with her mum. If we had corrected her to say it was mine who had died, she would probably have gone all out on me then!

Anyone remember that episode of Phoenix Nights where they have a "psychic evening" with a clueless show-pony called Didier Baptise, dressed like an 80s David Bowie...and thein in front of 150 people in the audience, he starts off with the immortal line:

"Right, everyone - I'm being contacted from beyond....I'm getting a name, I'm getting the name....John. Is there a John anywhere in the audience???"

Later on he says to an audience member: "Now John, your mum, she was very young when she died wasn't she?" The audience member goes "she was 93." Didier's face freezes for a moment, he pauses, and then he comes out with: "yeah, but she were young at heart than, wasn't she?!" And the audience member, prodded by his wife, nods along in agreement....

Shisters.

NorthernWisdom

I think they talk cleverly to see if they can reel you in. They start of very vague and then try and get your reactions to go further in.

It is like if they say "I am getting a woman watching you" and people instantly say "My nan died, wow" and then they go from there. When I saw one we gave her nothing and she couldn't tell us anything at all.

Because there was a lot of family there seeing her one after the other she then tried to use some of those things from other relatives when she was struggling. Ended up telling my wife her dad was watching over her, she said it was a bit worrying because he was at home with her mum. If we had corrected her to say it was mine who had died, she would probably have gone all out on me then!

An ex girlfriend read the tarot. When she did me (as it were) it was a bit spooky as she seemed to nail a lot (as it were) pretty accurately.

Then I watched her do someone else (as it were) and realised that actually, it was indeed all prompts that were so vague you'd read what you wanted into them.

oucho

I woke to see 3 monks standing over my bed when I was 4/5. I didn't tell anyone and then 15 years later I was talking to someone about the paranormal and when I mentioned where I used to live he told me about 3 monks that are supposed to haunt the area. Proper shit me up as it's an early memory i've never been able to shake off.

Were you living in a Catholic orphanage at the time?

oucho

Then I watched her do someone else (as it were) and realised that actually, it was indeed all prompts that were so vague you'd read what you wanted into them.

Indeed - remember Mystic Meg's "predictions" on the old National Lottery programme..."someone from Exeter will be happy", "lots of men will be celebrating" - and you just knew that some darts team's lottery syndicate in Devon would win £50 and then it would get a minor write up in Mirror: "Mystic Meg predicts lotto win TWICE" - "not only were all but one of the syndicate men but they also live in Devon, of which Exeter is the county town..." Snore.

eastwoodsdustman

Anyone remember that episode of Phoenix Nights where they have a "psychic evening" with a clueless show-pony called Didier Baptise, dressed like an 80s David Bowie...and thein in front of 150 people in the audience, he starts off with the immortal line:

"Right, everyone - I'm being contacted from beyond....I'm getting a name, I'm getting the name....John. Is there a John anywhere in the audience???"

Later on he says to an audience member: "Now John, your mum, she was very young when she died wasn't she?" The audience member goes "she was 93." Didier's face freezes for a moment, he pauses, and then he comes out with: "yeah, but she were young at heart than, wasn't she?!" And the audience member, prodded by his wife, nods along in agreement....

Shisters.

I'm getting the word........ Nonce (absolute classic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIU4-PWRyw4

Users who are viewing this thread