Unexplained experiences, paranormal, U.F.O's etc... (1 Viewer)

oucho

skybluedan

Not really paranormal but only thread I can see where to say something wierd is happening to me
I am being bullied by a seagull.... And this ain't the first time this has happend either
There's a few of them who are out for me but the leader of the gang is the main one becaus even when the other fuckers are gone this c**t will swoop and follow me and squark like a c**t, he sits on my roof in the morning squawking and plaguing me he's probably on the window now listening but tonight something even wierder happend I took the bin out and its dark like and either him or one of his cronies did a huge shit as they flew past and hit me in the face and head ,just as I was about to take a drag on me smoke, I dropped the bin bag and legged it back in the house

dutchman

I opened my toolshed the other day and the scene inside looked like there'd been a cockfight in there, there were feathers and birdshit everywhere. Could have been seagulls or pigeons? Maybe they were sheltering from the heatwave and a cat got in?

skybluedan

I opened my toolshed the other day and the scene inside looked like there'd been a cockfight in there, there were feathers and birdshit everywhere. Could have been seagulls or pigeons? Maybe they were sheltering from the heatwave and a cat got in?

Yeah deffo seagulls , that's sound like something they would do

Gazolba

I'm still trying to figure out where all my odd socks went. I have a bag full of odd socks that have no matching sock. Must have at least 30 by now. I'm putting down to gremlins stealing them in the middle of the night.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Only thing unexplained was when I was about 9 I think. Me and my two older brothers were playing about with an Ouija board and we 'contacted' someone who purported to be our great grandad.

We asked for something that could prove who he was and the board spelled out that there was a pocket watch in a locked drawer in our chest of drawers. The message was that it was bought in 1933, cost 2 shillings and 6 pence and our great grandad gave it to our mum. The watch had stopped and wasn't working anymore.

We finished the session and went straight to our mum. We asked if she had a pocket watch and she confirmed it. It was locked in a drawer and hadn't seen light of day for over 20 years.

Neither I, nor my brothers had any knowledge of this watch, or its whereabouts. We had never ever seen it before. Didn't even know where the key was.

Our mum confirmed the watch cost 2 shillings and 6 pence and was a gift from our great grandad.

The other message from our 'grandad' on the board was that there was some ham in the fridge that had gone off.

On telling our mum, she went to the fridge to check and there was indeed some ham that had gone off.

She never let us play with the Ouija again and we had to give it away.
How would your Mum know it cost 2/6? Most people that give gifts don't make a point of saying how much it cost.
Did you ask your Mum "How much did it cost"? or did you say "Did it cost 2/6"? There is a huge difference!

Otis

How would your Mum know it cost 2/6? Most people that give gifts don't make a point of saying how much it cost.
Did you ask your Mum "How much did it cost"? or did you say "Did it cost 2/6"? There is a huge difference!
We asked how much it cost and she told us it cost 2 and 6.

We deliberately withheld information from her, cos as kids that was part of the game.

The stuff 'said' on the Ouija board didn't make much sense to us and/or was boring and trivial.

Only when our mum confirmed stuff did it hit home.

M&B Stand

We deliberately withheld information from her, cos as kids that was part of the game.

The stuff 'said' on the Ouija board didn't make much sense to us and/or was boring and trivial.

Otis are you actually saying you believe that you were contacted by your dead granddad from beyond the grave?

RegTheDonk

Just for the record I did dream months before that we would win the FA Cup beating Tottenham, but my dream said we won 2-1.

Had a similar dream myself, possibly the night before we played Man U (I figured i had the dream because was looking forward to the game). Dreamed I was running up the steps inside Wembley after hearing a loud cheer of goal. My bro-in-law is there and says city have just equalised, its extra time now. I look at the scoreboard and it says Cov2 Tottenham2. Flash forward a few months, I'm at the game with him and everyone around me is sitting in the terraces waiting for extra time to start, I glace at the scoreboard and get the old deja vu feeling as I remember the dream, the view is exactly as I recalled. Its a one in a million dream, but its a one in a million result us winning the cup lol.

As for UFO's I am well read on the subject, but yet to be convinced that they are from another planet. A telling off the cuff comment was made to a journalist who was told by an executive at Boeing that whatever you think we have developed, we are thirty years ahead of you. And so UFO's IMO are of this earth, but I am open to change.

Never had any experiences myself, don't believe in spirit, ghosts, demons, psychics or any of that stuff.

I am open to aliens though, there are estimated to be 100-200 billion galaxies in existence with the milky way galaxy alone containing 100 billion planets. Would have to pretty long odds for Earth to be the only habitable planet.

I strongly believe in intelligent life elsewhere, I think its a virtual impossibility that we are the only ones in billions of galaxies. However, simply because there are so many potential life bearing planets, and with the distances involved, I think its unlikely that any have ever visited us. Our radio signals have travelled a miniscule distance in our own part of just this galaxy, I doubt anyone would be aware this tiny planet is remarkable, and with the universe expanding, I fear we will never make contact with conventional science and technology.

My only personal thought to counter this is to look how far man has progressed technology wise in just a hundred years. This planet is something like 7-8 billion years old. Other civilisations could in theory be millions of years ahead of us. The speed of light is a limiting barrier that our science says is impossible to break - perhaps they have developed ways of circumventing this, though wormholes, string theory, manipulating dark matter? So while I think perhaps there is life out there which COULD visit us, because of our own limitations, they don't know we're here.

BTW - glad we have some non-footy sections of SBT. Don't have much interest in football other than following the City, so its nice to be able to read something and contribute while waiting for the season to start.

olderskyblue

My missus lost her 2 younger sisters, one as a baby, and the youngest was in her teens, and has been drawn to the gypsy rose lee sorts many times over the years. Being the cynic I am, I used to coach her in what not to say, don't give any clues, etc. and not to be disappointed when she finds out its all a con. So after the 5th or 6th time, she was starting to understand how it all worked, and was disappointed, as she had always hoped she could make some sort of connection. Anyway, on a short holiday in Rhyl of all places, we were wandering through this arcade, and saw a "gypsy" fortune teller. Even though she knew it was all bunkum by that stage, she still wanted to "just try it" again. I advised her not to waste her time (and my dosh..) but could see the longing was still there, so just let her get on with it.

She came out looking stunned. This woman had told her she could see to female spirits around her, one very briefly, and one for longer. She then went on to explain what "they" were telling her. She got the details spot on about both sisters, including ages and the causes of death. She swore to me that she had said nothing, that this woman had just talked to her, saying all this stuff, and other stuff that was significant to her.

She also went on to give her other details about grandparents etc (who she had never met) so this didn't mean much to her, but when we got home, she asked her mum about them, and even a lot of this was very accurate. (Some of it was spot on, some her mum couldn't make any sense of)

She's been in to see a few fortune tellers since, but they were all back to being bunkum. Just this one seemed to get it right. Weird.

Otis

Otis are you actually saying you believe that you were contacted by your dead granddad from beyond the grave?
Nope.

Just saying it is dead weird.

Definitely believed it at the time, but of course I was just a child.

Now I just find it weird and unexplainable.

M&B Stand

Nope.

Just saying it is dead weird.

Definitely believed it at the time, but of course I was just a child.

Now I just find it weird and unexplainable.

It's not if your brother already knew about the pocket watch and mouldy ham. I'm not saying he did, it's far more likely to be paranormal activity linked to the ouija board.

Gazolba

I strongly believe in intelligent life elsewhere, I think its a virtual impossibility that we are the only ones in billions of galaxies. However, simply because there are so many potential life bearing planets, and with the distances involved, I think its unlikely that any have ever visited us.

You have a missing ingredient in your calculations: time. Even if intelligent life existed/exists elsewhere, the chance that it would exist at the same moment in time as us much reduces the odds. The Earth has existed for 4.5 billion years (latest estimate) and yet intelligent life has existed for only a few thousand. I doubt whether intelligent life on Earth will still exist in another 1000 years. As for the distances involved, I don't think that is a barrier as I believe it's possible to travel from one part of the Universe to another via 'shortcuts' that are beyond our understanding. Now of course there are theories that life came to earth as primitive life forms on a comet or meteor, but that is another topic.

Last edited:

skybluedan

I'm still trying to figure out where all my odd socks went. I have a bag full of odd socks that have no matching sock. Must have at least 30 by now. I'm putting down to gremlins stealing them in the middle of the night.

Not gremlins mate seagulls

skybluedan

Fuck them ouija boards mate, I did one when I was a kid but I think I got blagged because we got elvis and a dog called shit who both for some reason wanted me dead

Gazolba

My missus lost her 2 younger sisters, one as a baby, and the youngest was in her teens, and has been drawn to the gypsy rose lee sorts many times over the years. Being the cynic I am, I used to coach her in what not to say, don't give any clues, etc. and not to be disappointed when she finds out its all a con. So after the 5th or 6th time, she was starting to understand how it all worked, and was disappointed, as she had always hoped she could make some sort of connection. Anyway, on a short holiday in Rhyl of all places, we were wandering through this arcade, and saw a "gypsy" fortune teller. Even though she knew it was all bunkum by that stage, she still wanted to "just try it" again. I advised her not to waste her time (and my dosh..) but could see the longing was still there, so just let her get on with it.

She came out looking stunned. This woman had told her she could see to female spirits around her, one very briefly, and one for longer. She then went on to explain what "they" were telling her. She got the details spot on about both sisters, including ages and the causes of death. She swore to me that she had said nothing, that this woman had just talked to her, saying all this stuff, and other stuff that was significant to her.

She also went on to give her other details about grandparents etc (who she had never met) so this didn't mean much to her, but when we got home, she asked her mum about them, and even a lot of this was very accurate. (Some of it was spot on, some her mum couldn't make any sense of)

She's been in to see a few fortune tellers since, but they were all back to being bunkum. Just this one seemed to get it right. Weird.

I believe some rare people do have true psychic ability. But the vast majority are probably charlatans. So this story does not surprise me.
I suppose it's possible that this fortune-teller was a mind reader and that everything she said was in your wife's mind, even if only sub-conciously.

Captain Dart

The good one was just a lot better at reading the tells your missus was giving.

Nick

Administrator

Would agree with that, only seen one once and she was awful.

Gave her absolutely nothing and she was lost and she went to generic "I see a man" type stuff. Instead of saying "thats so and so" I said "who is it?" and she didnt have a clue.

Other people see them and they say "I see a woman" and they are like "my mum has just died" and they go from there

M&B Stand

This.
It went from 2 female spirits (everyone has a mom/Nan or sis) to knowing the ages and cause of death.
Certainly mean no disrespect to your wife, losing two sisters in child is awful and she was clearly looking for answers/contact or comfort in some way and who could blame her. She may have not meant to say anything, but clearly wanted something to come of it. The fact you said you'd wasted money on this sort of thing would be the reason she swore she hadn't been coached. Not that it matters anyway, if it made her feel better it was worth the money.

Otis

Fuck them ouija boards mate, I did one when I was a kid but I think I got blagged because we got elvis and a dog called shit who both for some reason wanted me dead
Really?

You're doing it wrong then. We got Elvis and he gave us a 5 minute a capella version of Heartbreak Hotel.

Which was great until he got to the very eerie bit of 'I feel so lonely baby, I could die.'

Never had a dog visit, though we did have a one legged Swan called Bob give us a quick hi five before he flew back off to Vahalla for some tea and scones.

olderskyblue

Maybe, but when I asked her how she came about the ages of the girls when they died, she said the woman just told her straight, no questions asked of her, and got it exactly right for both of the sisters. I'm sure she could recognise that there had been a great loss in her life, but my missus swore she didn't even ask her stuff, the "gypsy" just talked to her, and kept giving her facts that she could not possible have known. She didn't give ranges for the ages either, just came out with the exact years.

She also knew what they had died of, and, exactly where on her body the youngest had her cancer.. I wasn't in there with her, so can't suggest how she did it, but, much as I am cynical about this kind of stuff, that time definitely raised the hairs on the back of my neck.

Gazolba

I went to see a fortune teller once but the business was closed with a notice on the door "Closed due to unforeseen circumstances".

eastwoodsdustman

I'm not pointing any fingers here but there's a dead seagull lying on the ground near our bins. :(

Now who do we know that doesn't like seagulls? :angelic:

I've heard that a good way to get rid of them is to feed them bread that's been spread with english mustard. Not seen it but apparently they bollock it down before realising that the mustards there.

skybluedan

nah but all joking aside this seagull is ruining my life , it's a very hot night so open the windys wide and with in 2 mins he fuckin starts and not only this the main culprit which I call fish face has seemed to have made friends with a crow and there both sitting opposite watching me ,

dutchman

They're not normally friends. There was group of crows facing-off a group of seagulls in the Alvis Retail Park yesterday. Another flock of seagulls was circling overhead, refusing to land for some reason.

dancers lance

giphy.gif

skybluedan

I will get a picture on me phone and somehow figure out to upload it
Because you ain't seen a seagull until you seen one of these evil foul bastards

Gazolba

I just remembered a weird happening. Years ago (1970's), my brother lived in a maisonette on a cul-de-sac. He had a window facing the maisonettes across the street. There was a small tree planted in a circular patch of grass on the other side of the street. My brother had said he had seen these small things running around the base of the tree at night and joked that they were faires. I never thought much about it, but one night I was over there in the evening and after dark we got some binoculars out and looked across the street at the base of the tree. After looking for some time, we saw several little things running around the base of the tree in a circle. We could not make out what they were but they were about the size of a mouse. Do mice or rats run around the base of trees at night? The next day we went to look at the tree and there was no evidence of anything unusual. The cul-de-sac backed on to some fields with trees so there could have been some wildlife in the area. My brother said he saw these things on several occasions but at some point they stopped appearing. Mice? Faires? It remains a mystery to this day.
Could have been something like this:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/tiny-mouse-runs-around-circles-7584773

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread