United or Real? (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Roy keane top pundit

I agreed with everything he said tonight. Never thought id see the day.

Great how Southgate disagreed, then realised who he was about to get into an argument with and backtracked ;)

Raise your feet / studs, irrespective of whether your looking out for opposition players you may bump into your asking for trouble

Simples

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agreed with everything he said tonight. Never thought id see the day.

Great how Southgate disagreed, then realised who he was about to get into an argument with and backtracked ;)

Raise your feet / studs, irrespective of whether your looking out for opposition players you may bump into your asking for trouble

Simples
Bullshit, since when has a high foot been a red card?

He was trying to control a high ball that was coming over his shoulder, should we send off every player for trying to take down a high ball over his shoulder because there could have been a player in his way.

speedie87

Bullshit, since when has a high foot been a red card?

He was trying to control a high ball that was coming over his shoulder, should we send off every player for trying to take down a high ball over his shoulder because there could have been a player in his way.

Yes! If u put your studs into someones ribs its a red in my book

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yes! If u put your studs into someones ribs its a red in my book

Thanks Speedie.

If studs are shown in a challenge on the ground then its usually a red card. What's the different if the studs go in when your foot is raised? Its dangerous play which warrants a red card!

Decisions like this always get fans talking! And disagreeing!

I put this to you CCFC, if the challenge had been made by a Madrid player on a Man U player, would 'fans' opinions be the same? And would the United players have not surrounded the ref (probably being led by Ferdinand) demanding a red card?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thanks Speedie.

If studs are shown in a challenge on the ground then its usually a red card. What's the different if the studs go in when your foot is raised? Its dangerous play which warrants a red card!

Decisions like this always get fans talking! And disagreeing!

I put this to you CCFC, if the challenge had been made by a Madrid player on a Man U player, would 'fans' opinions be the same? And would the United players have not surrounded the ref (probably being led by Ferdinand) demanding a red card?
My opinion would be the same, what do you think of Gibsons and Coles red cards being rescinded for similar challenges(check daily mail article and video above)? I am guessing you think the FA dropped a clanger there?

Anyway you have already admitted in this thread you are anti Man Utd so your opinion is hardly unbiased

sw88

Chief Commentator!
no more overhead kick then

Thing is, with an over head kick its obvious that your not trying to kick an oponent intentionally. If they choose to put their head in the way then thats their own fault.

Tonights challenge was different as in that from the refs view, there is no way he could determine which direction Nani was looking. He could however see his high foot flying into an opponent.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My opinion would be the same, what do you think of Gibsons and Coles red cards being rescinded for similar challenges(check daily mail article and video above)? I am guessing you think the FA dropped a clanger there?

Anyway you have already admitted in this thread you are anti Man Utd so your opinion is hardly unbiased

So I can't have an opinion because i dislike a team?

My view is around the decision. Not about the team who it affected

Real

When it comes to Europe I always support any English side in the competition, no matter who it is.

Therefore obviously want Man U to win tonight.

The English side with the Scottish manager, who had a Welsh player making his 1000th appearance in front of a Spanish keeper, a Serbian defender and a Dutch forward, owned by Americans you mean?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thing is, with an over head kick its obvious that your not trying to kick an oponent intentionally. If they choose to put their head in the way then thats their own fault.

Tonights challenge was different as in that from the refs view, there is no way he could determine which direction Nani was looking. He could however see his high foot flying into an opponent.
Hilarious mate, Nani's eyes were on the ball the whole time, he doesn't see the defender till the last second. He was trying to control the ball but the defender came charging in and nipped the ball away before him
[video=youtube;jXJCs-vbmAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXJCs-vbmAM[/video]

SkyBlue_Bear83

So I can't have an opinion because i dislike a team?

My view is around the decision. Not about the team who it affected
Yea you can have an opinion, it is just in my opinion your opinion is a biased opinion. Would you like to give your opinion on my opinion about your opinion.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Hilarious mate, Nani's eyes were on the ball the whole time, he doesn't see the defender till the last second. He was trying to control the ball but the defender came charging in and nipped the ball away before him
[video=youtube;jXJCs-vbmAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXJCs-vbmAM[/video]

Yes but look at the refs position. Its his judgement that matters at the end of the day

Real

Clear red card as far as I'm concerned, head height, then he raked the studs down too. Plus Madrid should have had a penalty for Rafeal's handball on the line.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Clear red card as far as I'm concerned, head height, then he raked the studs down too. Plus Madrid should have had a penalty for Rafeal's handball on the line.
Ok, find a video of the incident. Pause it where Nani's foot is head height, screen shot it and post it back here

SkyBlue_Bear83

I guess everyone is just going to ignore the fact that two very similar incidents to todays had 2 red cards rescinded afterwards in December of this season

Real

and he dyes his hair,he was going grey at ipswich

The Madrid player is off the floor, Nani's foot is just under the Madrid players armpit, if he was stood on the grass it would have been head height. You asked for the still, so I have provided it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The Madrid player is off the floor, Nani's foot is just under the Madrid players armpit, if he was stood on the grass it would have been head height. You asked for the still, so I have provided it.
Ah very clever, I see what you have did now. Your screen shot is actually after the incident, after contact when Nani is falling over.

Real

Ah very clever, I see what you have did now. Your screen shot is actually after the incident, after contact when Nani is falling over.

So you ask me to post a screen shot, I do this, and now you make excuses? Id like to post a video of where Nani kicks out but I'm unsure how, but I've no doubt that will be the Madrid players fault somehow. The facts are it was a studs showing dangerous challenge, which resulted in a red card correctly being shown. Have you nothing to say on the penalty that wasn't given for Rafael's handball?

Real

I see no explanation has been given onto why Carlton Cole's and Darren Gibson's red cards were rescinded

They have nothing to do with what happened tonight. Maybe Nani's red card will be rescinded?

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you ask me to post a screen shot, I do this, and now you make excuses? Id like to post a video of where Nani kicks out but I'm unsure how, but I've no doubt that will be the Madrid players fault somehow. The facts are it was a studs showing dangerous challenge, which resulted in a red card correctly being shown. Have you nothing to say on the penalty that wasn't given for Rafael's handball?
I'm hardly making excuses, I though the general point you were trying to make was he had gone in to the challenge at head height on the defender which he clearly hadn't. Nani's leg is thrown up in the air after the collision as he is falling and lost control, the defender is going the opposite way and at this point his foot is nowhere near or going towards the player. Even then it is debatable as to weather it was head height but it is irrelevant to the referees decision at this point anyway as it is after contact.

I couldn't remember the handball incident so didn't make any comment initially, I've just found it on youtube.

[video=youtube;uN2TB2PaGac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2TB2PaGac[/video]

I'd say with Rafael's arms flailing and waving everywhere, up high he was fortunate to get away with it.

Now care to answer me why Gibson and Cole had red cards rescinded for similar challenges to Nani's?

Users who are viewing this thread