Upping the post count (1 Viewer)

Grendel

This will probably get moved back into the court thread which is fair enough

I do find it somewhat amusing that when these court cases occur certain posters appear who haven't been seen, well, since the last court case.

Others who hang around a lot (but mainly on non match day related issues) certainly increase the depth of their posts significantly and seem to show far more passion and desire regarding these issues.

Why is that do we think?

italiahorse

I do find it somewhat amusing that when these court cases occur certain posters appear who haven't been seen, well, since the last court case.

Others who hang around a lot (but mainly on non match day related issues) certainly increase the depth of their posts significantly and seem to show far more passion and desire regarding these issues.

Why is that do we think?

I think you have not yet acknowledged that CCC have done nothing wrong and apologised.

Grendel

I think you have not yet acknowledged that CCC have done nothing wrong and apologised.
They are a disgrace and your slobbering servitude towards them and your franchise pay masters does you no favours.

Nick

Administrator
Cross keys was good when it was buy 4 carling premier get the 5th free.

Didn't really go much when the bikers took over or since, got real shit to be on with like correcting people on here.

I think the bikers then had their own room at the carousel but haven't been there for years.

malkitccfc

In the years i've been on here, this is the first time i've even commented on a court related thread. I stick to the football side, in truth I don't even know why we're in court

NorthernWisdom

tbh, I'll probably post more on the non game threads... but the past few years have seen work circumstances, and the whole shit schizzle suck the amount of games I go to back drastically.

And the wider issues tie into my 'work' far more than whether Fleck's overrated or not, anyway ;)

Calista

Why is that do we think?

Maybe for some people a public forum is ideal for debating the complex off-field stuff, but when they want to chat about our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Division football team they are more likely to do it over the breakfast table or in the pub?

I’d most likely get into a thread about a big new signing, but probably not something about the kit, the family zone, pure speculation about some League 2 guy I’ve never heard of, why we tailed off in the second half against Grimesthorpe, or the latest Academy result. And the constant stream of one-liners in the match day threads isn’t really for me – it’s great that people take part in it though.

In the past, I’ve read most of the stuff about the court cases and sometimes got involved, but I haven’t bothered much with the latest JR thread. The whole deathless topic is now becoming a tragic joke. I mean, I had a quick look just now, saw a reference to the £400K rent offer and instantly lost the will to live :( [No offence meant to whoever it was]

In short, I read whatever catches my interest, and write when I feel motivated to do so. I suspect that’s what everyone else does too, at least the ones who are still sane.

martcov

Why is that do we think?

I think passion and desire increase when something you love is in danger or being put at possible risk. In this case, just when things are getting better we get reminded of the pointless side-show, intrigues and general cock-ups which have got CCFC into the present "misere". We are in a extremely weak position as regards longterm stadium solution and are still in League 1 when we should have got out of it this year.

That pushes some people more to move back in, as you put it, as opposed to Bigi losing possession or Fleck having a bad game.

If eveything was Honky dory, a lot of people would just follow the team without getting emotional about off the field stuff or bothering to post on a forum at all. In the good old days most fans did not know anything about the stadium running costs, the value of the stadium, JRs, Big Data, catering contracts, appeals, appeals of the appeals etc.. You never thought that CCFC's existence was at risk. They were always in financial trouble, but not many knew much about it.

You had a pint ( or 2 ) in town, walked up Primrose Hill Street, through the park, past Pork Chop Hill and went through the turnstiles into the ground. Easy.

Nowadays following city is reduced to some people make sarcastic posts about fans involvement or non-involvement on match day posting on an Internet forum. How times have changed.

torchomatic

I think passion and desire increase when something you love is in danger or being put at possible risk.

Yes but what about Coventry City?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Surely you're the only one who thinks that?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread