USA national goalkeeper banned for 6 months for comments (1 Viewer)

Otis

Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for 'cowards' comment - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37182568

Hope Solo called Sweden 'a bunch of cowards' after the US's defeat to the Swedes in the Olympics and as a result has earned herself a 6 month ban.

Seems a bit excessive. It is only two games as it stands, but the US football federation are yet to finalise all their fixtures for the year.

Guess Andre Gray would have got something at least approaching eleventy billion months using this sort of criteria.

tim07

Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for 'cowards' comment - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37182568

Hope Solo called Sweden 'a bunch of cowards' after the US's defeat to the Swedes in the Olympics and as a result has earned herself a 6 month ban.

Seems a bit excessive. It is only two games as it stands, but the US football federation are yet to finalise all their fixtures for the year.

Guess Andre Gray would have got something at least approaching eleventy billion months using this sort of criteria.
Sounds hefty Otis, but how many times have you wished that every player writhing on the ground feigning injury.... and every player that joins the gang surrounding a referee to wave imaginary cards, found themselves banned for six months?
Yes please.
I think Hope Solo's failure to show the remotest contrition is a factor here.
At least Mr Gray has apologised, publicly acknowledged how wrong he was and asked for forgiveness.
Miss Solo has pointedly just asked for leniency.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

<snip>
It's about time their number 2 goal-keeper was given a chance, whoever she is. Hope Solo was proving to be the female equivalent of Joe Hart (not in respect to her outspokenness, but in respect to her occasional howlers)..

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I used to go and watch the Gothenburg ladies team a few years ago when I was over there all the time, my ex's mum used to like watching them so I tagged along with them. They were always banging on about her as she used to play for them. Before this all surfaced she was pretty much the poster girl of women's football, it's actually quite sad that it's all ended like this. It wouldn't surprise me if she had some previous beef with some of the Swedish players from playing there, and it all kind of spilled out.

Gazolba

<snip> It wouldn't surprise me if she had some previous beef with some of the Swedish players from playing there, and it all kind of spilled out.
No, she was mad because she let in a really really soft goal and that caused the defeat and ultimately exit from the WC.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No, she was mad because she let in a really really soft goal and that caused the defeat and ultimately exit from the WC.

Yeah probably. But if she'd been playing against Belguim it might not have been the same story, she was directly mad at the Swedish, I don't think it was a coincidence that she previously played there.

Users who are viewing this thread