Usain Bolt (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Talking in the pub on Saturday someone said Bolt is the greatest ever sportsman. Good shout ? Then how about Mo Farah ? Both are athletes but any other suggestions for top ever sportsman ?

CJ_covblaze

The argument is endless. Rushisha, Rossi and Taylor are all as worthy as Bolt, Federer and Farah & are also currently still competing.

SkyblueBazza

Federer for me in the last 30 years.
Probably Bolt 2nd
That's a good shout tbh

But you also look at different sports - even where success in winning titles hasn't been there. Like...
Greg Norman - how many times can you finish second in major championships???
Johnny Wilkinson - need I say more? His Twickenham retirement reception...he kept the dignitaries waiting for about 2.5hrs as he was outside with fans!

Ali

Roger Kingdom 110m hurdles...virtually unbeatable!

Tony Jarrett who but for Colin Jackson would've been our main challenger to the above for years. People like that deserve real acclaim imo...there are many others like him - just kept going on each race knowing at the back of his mind that 2nd or 3rd (if Kingdom was involved) was almost inevitably the best he would get. So near yet so far.
Kriss Akabusi - gold medal for his laugh alone! ( I ran against him once...I was 3rd dammit)

Endless list...anybody who has regularly trained & then regularly pitted themselves against the best in their class in their chosen sport - RESPECT!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

When best ever sportsman/woman is discussed as we did in the pub all names mentioned were famous in their sports. Woods in golf,Ali in boxing, Botham in cricket, Pele in football, and so on. But there are sportsmen/women who aren't household names but are well respected in their chosen sport. Therefore as interesting a subject it is it is tricky to pick a number one.

CJ_covblaze

Gazolba

Sportsman: Abebe Bikila - he pioneered the stick-thin African trend which is now so prevalent.
Sportswoman: Mia Hamm - best women football player ever.

CCFC88

Id struggle to put anyone above Federer especially after this season.

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Phil Taylor, Tiger Woods, Eddy Merckx all deserve to be in the conversation

fernandopartridge

Id struggle to put anyone above Federer especially after this season.

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Phil Taylor, Tiger Woods, Eddy Merckx all deserve to be in the conversation

Yeah, I genuinely thought Federer's best days were behind him. Massive credit to him, a true great.

Covstu

So many to choose from, I would add Tendulkar and Lara from the cricketing world and Hinault and eddy from cycling!

Users who are viewing this thread