Arsene after Vardy (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

https://twitter.com/StuartJamesGNM
Guardian & Observer football writer in the Midlands/Wales/anywhere this job takes me

Understand that Arsenal have triggered the release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract. Leicester still determined to keep hold of him.

Bugsy

I would absolutely piss myself if this comes off....PUSB

Gazolba

Vardy does sound vaguely French.

chiefdave

And Everton after Koeman. Its a massive symptom of what is wrong with the game when you can win the PL and still struggle to hold onto your players. Its not like Real Madrid coming in.

Same thing happened to Southampton a couple a years ago, a good season and their squad got ripped apart.

Terry Gibson's perm

If he goes he will only be the first out of the door others will follow, money will talk and the chance to go into the later stages of the champions league and to finish in the top half next year which I don't think Leicester will do either of.

Arsenal loads of build up plays and passes into feet.

Vardy hit it past me and I'll chase it down.

The two styles don't work together.

Terry Gibson's perm

Arsenal loads of build up plays and passes into feet.

Vardy hit it past me and I'll chase it down.

The two styles don't work together.

Maybe not but Aresnal have him and Leicester won't so it will weaken Leicester and they will struggle to replace him for £20 million for the same type if player.

bawtryneal

Vardy signing new 4 year deal. I bet Pressley is cursing this afternoon as Fleetwood were due a windfall of several millions. Good news for us though as they could do some damage in League 1 with a couple of million to spend.

6 Generations

It is refreshing that he has remained loyal despite Arsenal waving pound notes.

The lad goes up in my estimation and as a England player I support him.

I do not like Leicester as a club, but much of that is envy at their rise compared to our decline.

Covstu

It is refreshing that he has remained loyal despite Arsenal waving pound notes.

The lad goes up in my estimation and as a England player I support him.

I do not like Leicester as a club, but much of that is envy at their rise compared to our decline.
I just think Arsenal were pissing about on this one and didn't give him the deal he wanted, this has been kicking around for well over a month and I reckon the deal broke down.

chiefdave

Think he's made the right desicion. Not like he won't be getting paid loads at Leicester and he can stay there and be a hero or risk a move and end up like Rickie Lambert.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Glad he stayed with Leicester. It shows the bigger clubs that some players can't be bought. Nice to see a bit of club loyalty these days!

SkyblueBazza

I reckon he considered how the rampaging style he plays with the Foxes suits him - rather than the pretty 'walk it in' style Wenger's teams seem to favour lately

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Terry Gibson's perm

Got the pay rise he wanted, glad Fleetwood got no money as my nephew signed for them this week so they might have spent the cash and blocked his way to the first team

Terry Gibson's perm

Hopefully they get relegated next season and his goals dry up.

The teams know a bit more about him next season also he won't be getting away with wearing that cast on his arm all season, it's lucky I am not marking him I would have been attacking that fracture in his wrist all game

kdrinkell

...and stranger things have happened - like last season with them winning it in the first place

...onwards & upwards PUSB
And the team in second place for most of the season last won the league in 1961…..lets see how it is in November and we can bump this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread