Vincenti (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Kelly and Doyle don't drive forward with the ball, if there was a stat for distance travelled with the ball it would be very minimal.
was glad to hear robins mention that it was sideways passing with no bravery. hopefully this will be remedied soon

steve82

Having watched Saturdays game back the second half Vincenti played a slightly more central role and grimmer acted more as the winger. It was here Vincenti was more effective.

Kelly also played a lot more in the oppositions half playing some nice balls, I think he actually put the cross in for Vincenti to header home.

To me Doyle is limiting our game, whys everything got to go through him.

Esoterica

Having watched Saturdays game back the second half Vincenti played a slightly more central role and grimmer acted more as the winger. It was here Vincenti was more effective.

Kelly also played a lot more in the oppositions half playing some nice balls, I think he actually put the cross in for Vincenti to header home.

Because he shouts the loudest!

Nick

Administrator

Said that at the time, he is like a quarter back.

It goes to him, he looks up, looks down, looks up and lays it off. A good 30 seconds slowdown.

Moff

Worth reminding ourselves of this:
Vincenti has described himself as a "utility player" and considers his versatility as an asset. When Vincenti was signed by manager Peter Taylor at Stevenage, he was originally deployed as a defensive midfielder, and would often play a "holding midfield" role. Taylor described Vincenti as a box-to-box midfielder, saying he provides both defensive and attacking prowess. Vincenti says that his favourite position is at attacking midfielder, where he "can make late runs into the box and hope to get on the end of any crosses". He also says he is comfortable playing in central midfielder and as a forward, but would ultimately "play anywhere the manager tells him to". As for his strengths, Vincenti is "most comfortable with the ball at his feet" despite his 6 ft 4in frame. He does consider his height to be an "attacking threat", which is one of the reasons he likes to arrive late into the box.

So I think it's fair to stay that sticking him out on the left of midfield and aiming every goal kick at him isn't going to get the best out of him. People should go back and watch his goals for Rochdale - we're simply not playing the right system at the moment which is in turn driving the wrong style to suit our players.

I was open minded about Vincenti, if not a little disappointed in what I have seen so far.

Having read your post though I can see that at present we are perhaps not playing him in his best position, and are not playing to his strengths. Hopefully Robins and Vincenti can work together to remedy it, and he wont become someone hounded by the fans.

Thanks for the research, I appreciated the post, perhaps more people should take the time to look at a player and his past rather than just shouting and bawling at him based on a couple of performances.

Grendel

Said that at the time, he is like a quarter back.

It goes to him, he looks up, looks down, looks up and lays it off. A good 30 seconds slowdown.

Doyle hasn't changed. He's a hopeless footballer.

Adge

Doyle hasn't changed. He's a hopeless footballer.
And that was what is so annoying, he was the mainstay of our midfield for 7 seasons in the Championship! It's already been said that the creativity will not come from him and the midfield is already looking like Hughes and Doyle part 2.:emoji_scream:

Users who are viewing this thread