Vincenti (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

What is the deal with him?

I mean, in theory he has played for several seasons in League One so he should be doing well in this league but looks so hit and miss.

Is he being played out of position or something?

clint van damme

I think he adds much needed height defensively and he wins a lot of defensive headers.
He won a lot in the oppositions half first couple of games as well but that seems to of gone off the boil.
I think he'll come good.

Esoterica

Got a shadow of the old Stokes playing behind him, a big gap where the midfield should be inside of him, not playing him in his preferred position but still scored on Tuesday and got an assist yesterday. Easy target for people who don't get the intricacies of what's playing out before them.

Polar

I think he's been getting some quite noisy and unfair criticism.

Watched every game so far this season, and what stands out is his high work rate; always chasing, head-down, trying to win the ball back. His passing recently has been great and he has had a hand in our last three goals.

I do wonder if he'd be better in a central and more forward role. Is switching periodically between LM and RM his natural role...?

However, I like the way he sits deeper during the build up then tends to arrive late at the far post. He'll get goals doing this for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polar

Wasn't he quite injured last season?

So that could pull him back from a peak, and mean he'll either take a long time to get back to previous form, or might never.

Wouldn't be the first for that to happen to... (think Adam Barton!).

Hmm yes certainly possible - the Adam Barton example is a good parallel, although Barton also had a rather low work rate iirc.

But yeah Vince is older now, has had an injury, and is obviously in a totally new side. Easy to see how players can peak one year then disappear without a trace the next. Hope he does well, if he keeps working hard i'm sure it'll pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

He's under appreciated and will come good once we start scoring lots of goals and winning regularly
Once he gets fit Biamou could be the man to lead the line and score goals
Then we'll see Vincenti come into his own with the pressure off

Mucca Mad Boys

The criticism of Vincenti is very unfair, which I think is rooted in the idea that he doesn't fit the archetypal 'pacey' winger.

He got a great assist v Cambridge making him joint top in assists with Kelly, and got a goal the game before. When I look at highlights, he's involved in a positive way, such as Grimsby, where he could have easily had another assist and a goal.

The reality is, he's one of our most productive players so far.

Super Graham Withey

Got a shadow of the old Stokes playing behind him, a big gap where the midfield should be inside of him, not playing him in his preferred position but still scored on Tuesday and got an assist yesterday. Easy target for people who don't get the intricacies of what's playing out before them.
Agree Stokes is playing nowhere near as well as he was before his injury. At fault for their second goal yesterday I thought. Hopefully he can regain his old form.

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't say there are any players I dislike, apart from Kyel Reid and that's only because of his rotten attitude.

I always have one player a season this year it's Beavon for the last few years it's been Jack Finch other previous holders of the title Carl Baker, Chris Hussey and going back Oggy

Irish Sky Blue

But you like Beavon as well so I will have to count you out today Otis;)
Beavon hit a real rocket of a shot yesterday, , either side of the keeper and it would have been in. He has looked better playing behind Nazon. He actually has the ball more at his feet and has been far more involved in the games.
I remember Dion Dublin getting stick off some City fans. After a while each goal he scored was celebrated with the team rather than the fans. As far as I know he is still not a member of the FPA. It obviously does get to some players. Vincenti didn't have the best of games yesterday but certainly didn't deserve the sarcastic applause when subbed.

Terry Gibson's perm

Beavon hit a real rocket of a shot yesterday, , either side of the keeper and it would have been in. He has looked better playing behind Nazon. He actually has the ball more at his feet and has been far more involved in the games.
I remember Dion Dublin getting stick off some City fans. After a while each goal he scored was celebrated with the team rather than the fans. As far as I know he is still not a member of the FPA. It obviously does get to some players. Vincenti didn't have the best of games yesterday but certainly didn't deserve the sarcastic applause when subbed.

I think that sums Beavon up he had the whole goal to hit and hit the smallest part the keeper, he just doesn't score and to me it's not acceptable

skybluetony176

Can't comment on yesterday's game but I based on the last two home games I thought he was improving. Was more involved and what he did was more effective than the two home games prior to that.

fatso

I'd sooner see Ryan Hanes on the left side of midfield, I'm not knocking Vincenti at all but I feel Haynes would add far more balance to the team going forward.
Vincenti adds height to the forward line, but very little else.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'd sooner see Ryan Hanes on the left side of midfield, I'm not knocking Vincenti at all but I feel Haynes would add far more balance to the team going forward.

Minus his goal, and two assists, you might be right...

Nick

Administrator
He gets far too much stick, people instantly think he should be flying down the flanks with stepovers. He isn't meant to be a Jones type player, the SeaSeaFC (I think thats right) Blog breaks it down with stats and shows things most people usually miss.

He is so much better with the ball at his feet, towards the end in the week he was making decent quick passes and one of them lead to the goal.

Liquid Gold

Vincent i adds a lot to the team and if he wasn't there we'd be wondering why there is always so much pressure on the defenders.

StevieM

I like the way that him and Jones swap wings it has to cause problems for the opposition defenders.
If I was Robins I would add another one into the mix by getting Vincenti to pop up in the middle from time to time, he could flick on headers to the fast boys or just get knock downs.
The touchline punts become a bit predictable after a while, thats when he needs to wander in field twenty yards just to take the centre backs out of their comfort zone mopping up headers over Beavon or Nazon.

Grendel

Haynes lacks positional discipline - Vincenti doesn't.

pastythegreat

Agree Stokes is playing nowhere near as well as he was before his injury. At fault for their second goal yesterday I thought. Hopefully he can regain his old form.
Think we need Haynes back asap tbf. Even if he doesn't get game time, to shove a rocket up Stokes' backside with a little bit of competition.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

fatso

he's not the only one. Amazed at how much our players have got stick so far this season
It's not stick, it's just reasoned opinion, you are welcome to disagree,
What I find amazing, is how many people imediately assume that any comment that dosnt sound like total hero worship, must be stick!

ccfcway

What I find amazing, is how many people imediately assume that any comment that dosnt sound like total hero worship, must be stick!

Not saying yours, just in general, so many comments writing off players and booing already. A thread already started to defend this

Booing of team... some thoughts

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Booing his name being read out and cheering when he gets subbed off is hardly reasoned opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread