Vinyl Records (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

A customer of mine every month gives me some vinyl albums that her late husband collected. She gives me some and what I reject she gives to charity shops. Picked up a few good ones like Status Quo, Deep Purple, and even though I'm not a fan a double album featuring all of Elvis Presley hits. ( worth a few bob ? )I've now got a decent collection. But on vinyl what are your favourite albums,or ones you'd never get rid of ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Had mine all nicked when I left my collection in my car boot overnight after doing a disco back in the 80's. I had so much stuff, I knew I'd never replace it all, but one that I miss most of all was King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King. Fabulous album and top cover!
in-the-court-of-the-crimson-king-an-observation-by-king-crim-4ec8c9076271d.jpg
king-crimson-inlay.jpg

Grendel

I've got a single of urban gorilla in it'd original cover which was banned very soon after it entered the charts.

bringbackrattles

Had mine all nicked when I left my collection in my car boot overnight after doing a disco back in the 80's. I had so much stuff, I knew I'd never replace it all, but one that I miss most of all was King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King. Fabulous album and top cover!
View attachment 7821
View attachment 7822
I had that album Houch but not sure where its gone ? I'll look around and see if I can get hold of it. Got a King Crimson album : Beat. Came out in 1982. Got the track The Howler on it. If you want it I'll send it to you ?

torchomatic

Couldn't get rid of this. There are loads, hundreds, but this would be the first thing I'd grab.

15017448353272088376840.jpg

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had that album Houch but not sure where its gone ? I'll look around and see if I can get hold of it. Got a King Crimson album : Beat. Came out in 1982. Got the track The Howler on it. If you want it I'll send it to you ?
Aw, cheers BBR but I no longer have a vinyl player any more. Haven't had one for years. :sorry:

bringbackrattles

Aw, cheers BBR but I no longer have a vinyl player any more. Haven't had one for years. :sorry:
Nor me ! Got 300 vinyl records and nothing to play them on. Anyway enjoy collecting them. Popped in the market yesterday afternoon to browse through the vinyl on the music stall there. I know the gaffer now through going there for a couple of years. But he won't go to watch the City while SISU are here. He doesn't agree with me going to home games,so we ended up nearly having an argument over it.Gets on my nerves now to be honest if you go you're wrong and if you don't some don't like that. That's what happens now so much bickering pisses you off. Anyway back to the music I saw my favourite album there Fire And Water by Free selling for £28.00 but didn't have the cash on me. I had the original back in 1970 but haven't got it anymore.

torchomatic

Nor me ! Got 300 vinyl records and nothing to play them on. Anyway enjoy collecting them. Popped in the market yesterday afternoon to browse through the vinyl on the music stall there. I know the gaffer now through going there for a couple of years. But he won't go to watch the City while SISU are here. He doesn't agree with me going to home games,so we ended up nearly having an argument over it.Gets on my nerves now to be honest if you go you're wrong and if you don't some don't like that. That's what happens now so much bickering pisses you off. Anyway back to the music I saw my favourite album there Fire And Water by Free selling for £28.00 but didn't have the cash on me. I had the original back in 1970 but haven't got it anymore.

I'd love the Free vinyl box set but it's £245 so chances are I will never get my hands on it!

bringbackrattles

I'd love the Free vinyl box set but it's £245 so chances are I will never get my hands on it!
Got to be my favourite band ever. As I never bought Fire and Water on vinyl yesterday, got it on CD instead. Sounds great but I will get the vinyl one to make up from not having it now in my collection.

Gazolba

I still have my complete collection, although I haven't played any of them in years.
I still have a turntable and amp etc. so it's just laziness plus there is no-one else interested in listening to them with me.
My kids only listen to music via their iPhones.
I've been thinking of getting rid of them but I know a record shop would offer me peanuts for them.
I have some pretty rare records. I also have a huge collection of cassette tapes.
Attached a sample of albums, from top left to bottom right:
The Best of Frank Ifield
Yardbirds Greatest Hits
The Incredible String Band – Tha Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter
The Flying Burrito Brothers - Close Up the Honky-Tonks (Double Album)
Roxy Music First Album
Adam Faith – Not Just a Memory
The Move Collection (Double album)
Cliff (Richard) in the 60’s
Bob Dylan Greatest Hits
DSCF3997-resized.JPG

Liquid Gold

I just got into it, been moving house too often to start building up but 6 months ago I got myself a nice deck with a pre amp that links up with my speakers and it sounds great. I love going to a record shop and rummaging through, bringing something home then hearing it crackle as you put it on first time

bringbackrattles

Bought Iron Maiden yesterday on CD a live album. Got it on now brilliant really livens you up. Fear Of The Dark with the crowd singing along ! Get in the mood for some lagers in the pub before the match later !

Users who are viewing this thread