Visiting a Doctor. (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

The last doctor I saw in the UK I was in my twenties and I went for treatment for acne. He looked in a book and said there was a very effective treatment called Accutane. But he said when you use it, you can't go out in the sun. It was July at the time! I elected not to use it. It tuned out many years later that the duig had many undesirable side-effects that were unknown at the time.

shmmeee

Shmmeee’s Three Step Plan to Save the NHS:

1) separate services for OAPs/unemployed focused around social/mental issues and spotting lazy fuckers faking bad backs
2) Let GPs Skype their patients
3) Don’t let anyone sue NHS Direct so they can tell you you’re fine instead of sending every fucker off to A&E just to be safe

skybluegod

Remember watching a programme on doctors. It was about how they end up prescribing stuff unnecessarily and the effect it was having on long term patients. Made a real point of saying you have 10 mins to get to the bottom of it and prescribe, as barely anyone will walk out of there without medication. Everyone's googled their symptoms and they're going to die. It's completely backwards and like no one trusts the doctor to make an actual decision they've trained for 10 years to be qualified enough to make.

Only time I've been to the doctors in the last 10 years was for a skin infection. Doctor just suggested applying shampoo to the affected area. Sorted it out in about 4 days.

You say that but some doctors do seem like they make it up. I had a toe infection in September last year, the initial prescription worked fine, and it went away, but then suddenly came back, 2 days later, I went in, saw another doctor who said it just needed squeezing out, this was done, by making an incision, and then 5 days later i was back again, so they took a swab and finally found out it was MRSA. I was then prescribed another antibiotic, which should have been that, only to get a letter through the post 2 days later, to tell me that the doctor had prescribed me the wrong anti-biotic. So i then ended up having to pay for another set of anti-biotics. Some Doctors are better than others, and some clearly just don't give a shit.

Marty

My GP has been fairly poor over the years. He misdiagnosed a broken collarbone (so did a paramedic tbf). Had a skin infection and the cream he gave me ended up spreading it across the whole of one side of my body, then I was given this cream that pritty much burns the top layer of skin and I stunk of burning flesh for about 2 months. It was vile.

A+E have been great when I've needed them.

Nick

Administrator
Wasting NHS resources. You're even contrary when it comes to getting medical advice. Ha ha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hardly wasting NHS resources to have 2 x 5 minute appointments, it was about 6 years ago and haven't been back since.

Again, when the dopey twats are trying to freeze off skin cancer for months or misdiagnosing other serious illness I am sure I will live with "wasting" 5 minutes of a Doctor's time in amongst the people who go multiple times a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

Terry Gibson's perm

I like my GP too. Park Leys at Keresley Road/Bennett's Road South.

I was at that surgery and in my younger days one of the doctors was regarded as good looking you could never get an appointment to see him as all the females booked the spaces it was like watching women going into a night club all done up but I bet I got the furthest as he once had to check me fir an internal bleed:emoji_open_mouth: not a pleasant experience

rd45

Good mate of mine is a GP, and to hear what he says about his patients and the graft he puts in for them, he's one of the rare good ones. Nothing like the chancers I see if I ever go to mine.

TBF when there's anything actually wrong with you, all you want from them is a hospital referral as quick as possible. Aside from that I'll save the aggravation and go to Boots instead.

Otis

I was at that surgery and in my younger days one of the doctors was regarded as good looking you could never get an appointment to see him as all the females booked the spaces it was like watching women going into a night club all done up but I bet I got the furthest as he once had to check me fir an internal bleed:emoji_open_mouth: not a pleasant experience
Not Doctor Horn was it? He's always been popular.

Terry Gibson's perm

How long ago are we talking?

20 years ago I guess I was at the surgery on Beake Ave that is an estate agents now, I think he was happily married but all these women lusted after him I was very jealous as none were lusting after me at that time.

SkyBlueScottie

Shmmeee’s Three Step Plan to Save the NHS:

1) separate services for OAPs/unemployed focused around social/mental issues and spotting lazy fuckers faking bad backs
2) Let GPs Skype their patients
3) Don’t let anyone sue NHS Direct so they can tell you you’re fine instead of sending every fucker off to A&E just to be safe

Cant disagree Shmee, however in "times of austerity" such services are the first to be cut. Some GP's do Skype, however you will usually find that they are "private" and yes NHS Direct, or whatever they are called an absolute waste of time and end p sending people to A&E, again a cost cutting measure as walk in centres, clinics etc are being closed.

shmmeee

Called 111 today and they said they had an app, and well I can't resist an app so I gave it a go. Sadly it ended up just telling me to call 111 which was silly, but overall it's pretty cool. Virtual nurse talks to you to work out what's wrong and can get a real nurse to call you back if needed. Tech isn't quite there yet, especially the voice recognition, but I like how you can book appointments (except I can't because my GP isn't signed up) and link your Apple Health stuff to it. Nice to see them dragging the NHS into the 21st century, even if it has a long way to go.

Nick

Administrator
Called 111 today and they said they had an app, and well I can't resist an app so I gave it a go. Sadly it ended up just telling me to call 111 which was silly, but overall it's pretty cool. Virtual nurse talks to you to work out what's wrong and can get a real nurse to call you back if needed. Tech isn't quite there yet, especially the voice recognition, but I like how you can book appointments (except I can't because my GP isn't signed up) and link your Apple Health stuff to it. Nice to see them dragging the NHS into the 21st century, even if it has a long way to go.

Get's the call back after a night out at 3AM.

"Tell me about your uniform"

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Get's the call back after a night out at 3AM.

"Tell me about your uniform"

giphy.gif

When I was looking into this app I came across a news story about how these new video chat doctor apps have massive problems with guys using them to flash Doctors.

I don’t even know where to start with that.

Users who are viewing this thread