Vote with Your Feet (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Based on population of the city we are Premier League.
Wigan population is the same size as Nuneaton.

Obviously you need to also consider the size of surrounding areas but South Warwickshire is huge.

Coventry and Warwickshire is about 850k. But you're assuming that the majority of residents support Coventry, unfortunately unlike cities like Leeds and Liverpool, the majority of people support teams like Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and villa

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by covboy1987 Silence has been the over-riding factor and and massive SISU tactic for a number of months and now it is time to use the same tactic and show our owners what we want with a simple do and don't that a few of us have come up with

1.Do not go to any meetings CCFC Organise
2.Do not buy a season ticket
3.Do not buy a new kit
4.Do not watch the team at home games other than the Ricoh

1.Do travel in great numbers to another ground where City are playing there home games and stand outside in peaceful demonstration before the start of the game go down the local town during the game and then turn up at the end.This will cause the club to pay for extra security resources and completely do there heads in
2.Do travel in sell out numbers to all of the away games and watch the team in action
3.Do support SISU if they do a deal to stay at the Ricoh and give us a blue print for the future and stick to it
4. Do sign the petition that the telegraph have organised

The only point you mention that I will say this to................................................Kiss my arse!
For me it's SISU out! or nothing.:blue:

Nonleagueherewecome

But what is a genuine investor? how do we know when we have one?

We're not dedicated fans, our potential isn't massive. We were one of the minnows in the PL and realistically are the size of an average championship club at best.

And how big are Wigan? Hull? Stoke? I could go on.

SkyBlueHomer

Coventry and Warwickshire is about 850k. But you're assuming that the majority of residents support Coventry, unfortunately unlike cities like Leeds and Liverpool, the majority of people support teams like Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and villa

That is what we have now though, its called the Skysports generation, football outside the top clubs/Premiership doesnt exist.
When you look at our catchment area though with a bit of success there's no reason why we couldn't be filling the Ricoh every week. The London Clubs, clubs around Sheffield/Leeds & Manchester/Liverpool area would kill for the catchment area we have.

Tank Top

How do we know who is a "genuine" investor?

Yes, Your'e Correct, Torch, no guarantees, but I would prefer
a locally headed Group to make a bid,than an out of town group of Financial chancers with no desire to run a football club as it should be run, if the present owners remain in control, I see much of the same and perhaps even worse.
Any new owners would be a gamble, but one that has to be taken, if the Football club is to have any future whatsoever,
My comment, "massive Potential" is comparing where we are now in terms of league position, look how many turned up for the crewe "Paint Pot"game, I genuinely think that 25 thousand would turn up to watch a decent side playing winning, attractive, football, I look at some of the names in the leagues above us and think, "We used to beat these regulary" I'll stick to my comments about potential, and am convinced that the club can make great strides from our present position but only with a change of ownership.

skyblueman

That is what we have now though, its called the Skysports generation, football outside the top clubs/Premiership doesnt exist.
When you look at our catchment area though with a bit of success there's no reason why we couldn't be filling the Ricoh every week. The London Clubs, clubs around Sheffield/Leeds & Manchester/Liverpool area would kill for the catchment area we have.

I wonder how many on here subscribe to SKY Sports and fuel what has been the worst thing ever to happen to football in this country

SkyBlueHomer

I wonder how many on here subscribe to SKY Sports and fuel what has been the worst thing ever to happen to football in this country

Seemed superb at the start though didnt it. Superb Football coverage, just what our national game deserved or so we though then money and greed took over. For me the sooner the top clubs agree a European superleague and leave us to do what we enjoyed 30 years ago the better, watch football without the financial mess

skyblueman

Seemed superb at the start though didnt it. Superb Football coverage, just what our national game deserved or so we though then money and greed took over. For me the sooner the top clubs agree a European superleague and leave us to do what we enjoyed 30 years ago the better, watch football without the financial mess

Yep agree it was great at the start but my god look at what it's done to the game - it's ruined our club along with many many others - only thing that mattered to the chairman in the nineties and since was staying in or getting to the Premiership - that's why the Rioch project happened and we over spent - it's what £60Million just for TV money now for just finishing in last place FFS - plus the parachute payments for going down and the rest of us are locked into Financial Fair Play - how on earth can anyone complete with that anymore there is no way back for most clubs now it's a total disaster

Sky Blue Kid

When Sky first set up, I bought the Receiver and ugly big "Dish" paying £180 over 25 years ago. I was told I would never have to pay anything again! Seems there are loads of liars around eh! I will never pay for sports or films on principal.:(

Mucca Mad Boys

When Sky first set up, I bought the Receiver and ugly big "Dish" paying £180 over 25 years ago. I was told I would never have to pay anything again! Seems there are loads of liars around eh! I will never pay for sports or films on principal.:(

What is that 'principle' then?

Do you to go to CCFC games because they charge? Do you not buy DVDs, pirate films, or go to the cinema?

SkyBlueHomer

plus the parachute payments for going down and the rest of us are locked into Financial Fair Play - how on earth can anyone complete with that anymore there is no way back for most clubs now it's a total disaster

Do Wolves still get their Parachute payment now they are in our League? If so they are not bound by the FFP rules and get parachute payment, going to make next season competative isnt it.......

skyblueman

Do Wolves still get their Parachute payment now they are in our League? If so they are not bound by the FFP rules and get parachute payment, going to make next season competative isnt it.......

Yep they're in for £16 million next year followed by 2 more years at £8 million a year - total of £48 Million over 4 years

Sky Blue Kid

What is that 'principle' then?

Do you to go to CCFC games because they charge? Do you not buy DVDs, pirate films, or go to the cinema?

When you eventually stop wearing nappies then you might understand.
The principal is...When you buy something, and are told you will never have to pay any more money, that to me is a "verbal contract" between Murdoch and the "Customer"..ie ME
and others who "Bought" their receivers and dish. I'm sure there are many on this forum who were told the same....and all this happened 12 years before you were born!

_brian_

I don't know about you lot, but I can't hold a pen between my toes for this option to be feasible! LOL!!! Only joking, lads!

stupot07

Those areas have massive catchment areas probably much bigger than ours - Yorkshire, merseyside, London, greater Manchester...

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by SkyBlue_Taylor What is that 'principle' then?

Do you to go to CCFC games because they charge?
Don't understand a word of that!...................If you mean do I refuse to go to CCFC games because they charge...I go to away games, I refuse to give SISU any money.

Do you not buy DVDs, pirate films, or go to the cinema?....What has this got to do with "Sky TV???":facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

Brighton Sky Blue.....

I won't pay for sport or films on Sky because when I "Bought" my receiver and dish I wouldn't have to pay out any money ever again.....In those days sport and films were included in the initial outlay for dish and receiver.....ie WWF/WWE, football, films etc. Is that clear enough for you?

Brighton Sky Blue

Brighton Sky Blue.....

I won't pay for sport or films on Sky because when I "Bought" my receiver and dish I wouldn't have to pay out any money ever again.....In those days sport and films were included in the initial outlay for dish and receiver.....ie WWF/WWE, football, films etc. Is that clear enough for you?

He, and I, thought you meant all films and not just those on Sky.

ajsccfc

Despite what's a simple case of crossed wires so no need to argue further, I think we can all agree that nobody should pay for any film with Adam Sandler in.

SkyBlueHomer

Those areas have massive catchment areas probably much bigger than ours - Yorkshire, merseyside, London, greater Manchester...

Was thinking the number of clubs within a certain radius. Assuming its approx 20miles to the nearest league clubs from Coventry now do the same with Wigan as an example. How many league clubs in that area fighting for locals support?

CCFC PimpRail

Was thinking the number of clubs within a certain radius. Assuming its approx 20miles to the nearest league clubs from Coventry now do the same with Wigan as an example. How many league clubs in that area fighting for locals support?

Isn't the problem (and was when CCFC were rateable) that Cov is full of Liverpool and Villa fans....? How many people down London have decided to follow some random team miles away because of the colour of their kit..? (Although I hear we're popular in India because of the elephant on the badge).

And fwiw, I quite like watching Happy Gilmore....

Brighton Sky Blue

Amended to Adam Sandler films this century (I quite liked Big Daddy).

'Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatorade!'

'H2O!'

'Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatorade!'

'H2O!'

'Gatorade doesn't just taste better than water, it hydrates better too'

'You're lying!'

Gold.

skybluericoh

We will never recover until someone reunites the club with the stadium and cuts all costs so that we breakeven in relation to that extra income.

they need to reunite the club with the fans, even if ACL gave SUSI everything, including the freehold never mind the lease there are many that will not go back until SUSI are gone or changed into a football club running business and not an 'all we can make, and we'll tread on anyone who looks at us the wrong way' hedge fund.

stupot07

they need to reunite the club with the fans, even if ACL gave SUSI everything, including the freehold never mind the lease there are many that will not go back until SUSI are gone or changed into a football club running business and not an 'all we can make, and we'll tread on anyone who looks at us the wrong way' hedge fund.

They're not exactly making much out of our club.

Users who are viewing this thread