Waggot surely has to go (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Title says it all.

Gives thorn a new contract, gave Pressley an extended contact and employed countless number of useless players on contracts.

Crowds can't get rid of sisu but surely we should be vocally venting our spleen at this bungling incompetent?

RoboCCFC90

I am not the first one to say this G-Man but I am sure if Joy Seppala gave Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott the boot, fans would appreciate that and there maybe an upturn in the mood..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

Fans would soon return if these two bungling chimps got the p45 they deserve! I can't believe that no-one has looked into the bent Administration process that Fisher was behind.

skybluetony176

Waggot goes and a new head comes in. Unfortunately SISU will still be the neck and it's the neck that turns the head so nothing will be cured by it.

However I do agree it's time for him to go. And Fisher. And SISU.

skybluetony176

Speak for yourself, never liked Waggot and you can go way back into last season when it became pretty obvious to me that Pressley was a waste of space.

I never liked him either. Do like SP though, although I do believe his time was up. The only endearing character Waggot has is that he's not as bad as Fisher.

Monkeyface

Don't get the "I thought we all loved ...." comments. I met Waggot at SBT meeting and thought he talked a lot of sense, and seemed a genuine guy. Does that mean I should blindly support everything that he does however shit it may be? Same can be said of Pressley, met him at a trust meeting too, and had a lot time for him, doesn't mean I'm going to back him regardless of results etc. Opinions about people change based on events... that's all that's happened!

ccfcway

In the last 101 games, he has resided over 3 managers and 39 signings, yet we are in drop zone in a promotion push season.

Cant all be SP fault !!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

for me the problem with Waggot is that generally I can't understand what he says.

rupert_bear

You all know I have been on Waggott's case since he come here, many thought he was a good guy but look at his record, absolutely atrocious, I am certain he thinks he is on a video game running our club, any new manager will be manager number 4 in less than 4 years. He has to go, don't care what guff he comes out with over this.

RegTheDonk

He's only there to follow the policy Joy has laid out. If he were to go, it would just mean another disposable cog in the SISU wheel gets replaced - and the waggon is still on a fixed roadmap. It would take someone with bigger balls than him or TF together to convince Jjoy investment rather than hopeless litigation is the way off the ringroad.

letsallsingtogether

Title says it all.

Gives thorn a new contract, gave Pressley an extended contact and employed countless number of useless players on contracts.

Crowds can't get rid of sisu but surely we should be vocally venting our spleen at this bungling incompetent?

Stop it Gendl!!!!

Fuck me I have to agree with you:eek:

John_Silletts_Nose

Agreed

Waggott in the past has stated that he works very closely with Pressley and heavily involved with player signings, so he is also responsible for the current situation and not only Pressley.

He should be sacked.

letsallsingtogether

Agreed

Waggott in the past has stated that he works very closely with Pressley and heavily involved with player signings, so he is also responsible for the current situation and not only Pressley.

He should be sacked.

Repeated it again today on the radio.
Also speaks with a shitty accent.

georgehudson

CCFC is now controlled by otium,
who started up otium and are they still connected,
only a pal of mine said dulieu, brody, & igwe started otium,
but why is g=man now turning against sisu

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

There's definitely some element of truth to this, Waggot has proved inept in helping to bring in any form of a half decent player - e.g. Gary Madine, wouldn't even put his hand in his pocket to pay a nominal fee to sign him from Sheffield.

Look at the quality of the players we lost in the summer; Wilson, Moussa, Clarke, Christie, Murphy. Try telling me that ANY of the players we have bought/loaned in are even a shade on either of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

Title says it all.

I agree and it is amazing in the last few weeks people have started to question Waggot and Pressley gets the bullet, hated Waggot for a long time for a long list of reasons but like somebody put last week never trust a man who's eyes are that close together.

torchomatic

Anyone listen to him this morning on CWR? 72 enquiries about the job. Considered his own position. Recruitment last summer was "poor".

John_Silletts_Nose

Pressley showed a passion for the club but the results did not deliver, so he was sacked

Waggott shows no passion for the club and did not deliver the results. He should be sacked.

Terry Gibson's perm

Talk is cheap on this considering his position if he had anything about him he would quit, he is full of s&*^, he is at least equally to blame with Pressley and probably a bit more as he employed him and gave him the long deal.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Inclined to agree with you Grendel. The guy is not part of the solution

If you look at what he did at Charlton it was a similar transfer policy....... throw enough mud at the wall and see if any of it stuck. They had a large turnover in playing staff too and did not achieve anything I believe.

What concerns me also is that the three leading figures at the club SP/Waggott/Fisher rarely seemed to be singing from the same hymn sheet. The figures they bandied around don't add up and often differ.

Waggott was on CWR this morning (just after eight) apparently the budget was 2.6m the budget was spent including on bad signings in the summer (implication seemed to be that was SP's doing) but then the budget was increased to sign Nouble, Madine, Hines (how?), it was one of the top six budgets in the league..... but having spent all the budget SW has held some back for the new manager to spend on loan players?? But the budget doesn't cover all the players does it - it isn't how the SCMP calculation works. SP spotted players (apparently) but Waggott negotiated the deal..... did SP set the budget or work his choices to fit the one he was given? Surely the directors and owners control the money available not SP so must have great input in to who and how much? We have a 30 player squad I believe so average spend per player on the original budget is £86k pa (2.6m/30) or £1650pw per player on average........ in reality I expect the SCMP budget figure is a fair bit more than that.

It wasn't all SP's fault - the other part of the equation to any signing has been Waggott. SP rightly is expected to get the team to achieve but he didn't actually set or spend the money that was available - Waggott was absolutely complicit in that

On another issue I understand the SCG had a chat with Fisher yesterday ..... I wonder if they would brief us as to what was said?

Last edited:

Ian1779

Fans would soon return if these two bungling chimps got the p45 they deserve! I can't believe that no-one has looked into the bent Administration process that Fisher was behind.

I can't believe ACL didn't insist on this when they caused us a 10 point deduction.... unless it was out of sheer spite of course.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I can't believe ACL didn't insist on this when they caused us a 10 point deduction.... unless it was out of sheer spite of course.

After all sisu have done and are still doing to this club you still can't bring yourself to not blame everybody else can you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Inclined to agree with you Grendel. The guy is not part of the solution

If you look at what he did at Charlton it was a similar transfer policy....... throw enough mud at the wall and see if any of it stuck. They had a large turnover in playing staff too and did not achieve anything I believe.

What concerns me also is that the three leading figures at the club SP/Waggott/Fisher rarely seemed to be singing from the same hymn sheet. The figures they bandied around don't add up and often differ.

Waggott was on CWR this morning (just after eight) apparently the budget was 2.6m the budget was spent including on bad signings in the summer (implication seemed to be that was SP's doing) but then the budget was increased to sign Nouble, Madine, Hines (how?), it was one of the top six budgets in the league..... but having spent all the budget SW has held some back for the new manager to spend on loan players?? But the budget doesn't cover all the players does it - it isn't how the SCMP calculation works. SP spotted players (apparently) but Waggott negotiated the deal..... did SP set the budget or work his choices to fit the one he was given? Surely the directors and owners control the money available not SP so must have great input in to who and how much? We have a 30 player squad I believe so average spend per player on the original budget is £86k pa (2.6m/30) or £1650pw per player on average........ in reality I expect the SCMP budget figure is a fair bit more than that.

It wasn't all SP's fault - the other part of the equation to any signing has been Waggott. SP rightly is expected to get the team to achieve but he didn't actually set or spend the money that was available - Waggott was absolutely complicit in that

On another issue I understand the SCG had a chat with Fisher yesterday ..... I wonder if they would brief us as to what was said?

They won't be able to as it won't be their little secret then.

John_Silletts_Nose

I agree with your comments although I think more clarification is needed from Waggott.

We do not know what expenditure items are included into the budget figure which he states, does it include payments to clubs for loan signings, payments to players that leave the club, signing on payments to players (loan or perm), agents fees, SP and coaching staff, expenses for moving/housing players, etc. Based on this the calculation on average pay may be less than calculated.

Waggott states that this is a budget expenditure is in the top six of League 1, but are the other clubs including the same expenditure items within their budget calculations, are we comparing apples with apples or instead using the stats to mislead and deflect criticism on the finances available to SP?

Unfortunately we will never know the answers unless a CCFC accountant divulges the details.

Waggott has to go as he is part of the team responsible for the poor investments of the budget resulting in poor results.

Sky Blue Dal

Title says it all.

Please include Fisher in that and I will out rightly agree with you 100%

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Leaves a lot of unanswered questions
for instance the budget
- was it the theoretical one calculated by SCMP
- was it the budget for all players
- was it the budget calculated to manage the business
- was it what has actually been spent

SCMP budget does not include all players, the youth players given a contract for example wont be included, the SCMP definitely does not include SP or the coaching staff

If the original budget was 2.6m that means a budgeted turnover including player sales (but only that part actually received in the year) of 4.3m.
BUt just a guess......
Season tickets 4500? say £1m net of VAT
other matchday tickets & concessions 4000 x 23 x £9 - £830k
sale of Wilson, Christy, J Clarke, say 2.0m
add-on's from previous sales (Juke) 500k?
TV money & prize money 250k?
advertising & sponsorship 250k?
shop sales and other commercial income 250k? ................ (I know it adds up to more than 4.3m)

Against that
the SCMP budget 2.6m
other wages - young players 300k
- coaches 400k
- directors 300k
- commercial staff 150k
stadium hire 125k
Training hire academy £100k
Ryton costs 300k
travel & insurance ? 150k
other costs 400k
interest on loans 1.8m

points to running at a loss and the only way it can be cashflow positive as Fisher maintains would seem to be if the interest is charged but never actually paid over (ie rolled up as further debt) it would seem

all guess work though in terms of the figures quoted above

might have a better idea when accounts to 31/05/14 are filed by the club at companies house by the 28th of this month

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread