Waggott: We made a bid for Norwood (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

COVENTRY City are pressing ahead with their attempts to sign Ollie Norwood despite still being restricted by a transfer embargo.
The Sky Blues have already tabled a formal bid for the young Manchester United midfielder by way of compensation for the out-ofcontract player who has been offered new terms at Old Trafford but has said he wants to leave the Premier League giants.

“We put an offer in for Ollie Norwood but it didn't realise the expectations of Man United,“ revealed City's development director Steve Waggott.

“I have been in email exchanges with the club but we're still a little bit off what their valuation is and what ours is.“

The 21-year-old made 18 appearances and scored two goals for Andy Thorn while on loan from the Red Devils for the last three months of the season, quickly stamping his mark in the starting line-up and earning positive reviews for his performances.

And the Northern Ireland international is understood to be tempted to make a permanent switch to the Ricoh Arena in order to get regular first-team football and play a style that suits his game now om he's decided not to wait any longer for his big break in the United first team.

“I want to play every week like I was this season in the Championship,“ he said. “It's been the hardest decision in my life for me to make but there comes a time when you have to be realistic.“

City will not be Norwood's only option and a permanent move to the Championship would appear more tempting eth than dropping to League One. But a hopeful Waggott said: “Ollie enjoyed his time playing for Coventry and obviously got the taste for playing football regularly.

“I think there are a few other clubs interested as well but we would dearly love to bring him back to Coventry. But again, it has got to be affordable within the financial constraints of the budget ing we're working with. We have put a figure on what we value him at and if he decides where he wants to go in the next few weeks then it will probably end up with a compensation discussion. But we'd love to bring him back.“

If Norwood did decide to join City and the two clubs couldn't agree on a compensation fee then it would be settled by a tribunal.

skyblue_rich

Like said in another thread stinks of the Le Fondre case last year, an attempt for the board to look like they are doing something

Sawyer

Le Fondre when they made a bid that was laughable and told us supporters they were putting a serious bid in ...... lol

sky_blue_up_north

I can't see this happening, I would rather we got Keogh and Crannie signed first. However if it did happen it would be a real coup for the club.

Steve.B50

Exactly. Some poor sod will go out and buy a season ticket on the hope we might invest some money in a quality player like Norwood.

What on earth would any decent player want to come here in our state and with no future.

Astute

We can't even afford driftwood at the moment

CCFC123

Waggott please dont test my brain capacity with tripe like this. He'll not come here and clingan and mcpake with the ireland squad last week would of driven the final knife in if there was a tiny chance.

J

Jack Griffin

Translated to...
"We have expressed an interest via the press to convince suckers to buy more season tickets on the strength of a rumour even though we can do nothing about it and the lad would be stupid to come here when his level is much higher and he can get double the salary elsewhere".

skybluedan

im getting to the point now with maggot and fisher and sisu is i just wanna come home and cut there fuckin heads off

Nonleagueherewecome

Complete and utter tosh. "Don't worry fellas, the embargo will ensure we never have to part with any of your dirty cash, no matter what we do!"

If a tree falls in the woods, I'm sure Steve Waggott will always be there to hear if it makes a noise.

Maybe the accounts have been filed, the council paid up and whoosh, hey presto,
- cue flash bombs and dry ice - "and here he is folks it's Ollie Norwood" hurrah. Roll up roll up gulable fools, get your season tickets here!

BrisbaneBronco

COVENTRY City are pressing ahead with their attempts to sign Ollie Norwood despite still being restricted by a transfer embargo.
The Sky Blues have already tabled a formal bid for the young Manchester United midfielder by way of compensation for the out-ofcontract player who has been offered new terms at Old Trafford but has said he wants to leave the Premier League giants.

“We put an offer in for Ollie Norwood but it didn't realise the expectations of Man United,“ revealed City's development director Steve Waggott.

“I have been in email exchanges with the club but we're still a little bit off what their valuation is and what ours is.“

The 21-year-old made 18 appearances and scored two goals for Andy Thorn while on loan from the Red Devils for the last three months of the season, quickly stamping his mark in the starting line-up and earning positive reviews for his performances.

And the Northern Ireland international is understood to be tempted to make a permanent switch to the Ricoh Arena in order to get regular first-team football and play a style that suits his game now om he's decided not to wait any longer for his big break in the United first team.

“I want to play every week like I was this season in the Championship,“ he said. “It's been the hardest decision in my life for me to make but there comes a time when you have to be realistic.“

City will not be Norwood's only option and a permanent move to the Championship would appear more tempting eth than dropping to League One. But a hopeful Waggott said: “Ollie enjoyed his time playing for Coventry and obviously got the taste for playing football regularly.

“I think there are a few other clubs interested as well but we would dearly love to bring him back to Coventry. But again, it has got to be affordable within the financial constraints of the budget ing we're working with. We have put a figure on what we value him at and if he decides where he wants to go in the next few weeks then it will probably end up with a compensation discussion. But we'd love to bring him back.“

If Norwood did decide to join City and the two clubs couldn't agree on a compensation fee then it would be settled by a tribunal.

What Utter Bollox
How the fcuk can we bid for anyone we cannot sign because of the embargo.
Valuations differ-No shit!!!

Gray

in other news i have just failed in a bid to buy an apartment in the Shard.....i will not be giving up though!!

Brighton Sky Blue

There's nothing stopping us making a bid or declaring interest-but it is pretty much pointless doing it when you're under league restrictions anyway. All geared towards boosting ST sales when actually, it's actions that will boost sales, not words. Lift the embargo, retain players, and sign more-otherwise we will remain forever sceptical.

Glen

All bollocks really just to sell tickets why have we not bid for others and if bid accepted how would we be allowed to buy

torchomatic

So we're slagging the club off for NOT signing anyone and then slagging the club off for trying to sign someone?

Astute

So we're slagging the club off for NOT signing anyone and then slagging the club off for trying to sign someone?

We haven't tried to sign anyone. All we have done is shown interest.

My wife has been showing interest in a seafront house where we live. It has just gone up for sale for nearly 1/2m. We're not fookin buying it. She still wants it though.

Gray

We haven't tried to sign anyone. All we have done is shown interest.

My wife has been showing interest in a seafront house where we live. It has just gone up for sale for nearly 1/2m. We're not fookin buying it. She still wants it though.

says in the report we've had bid turned down though

valiant15

Funnily enough astute,me and the missus are in paignton this week,my missus always eyes the sea view houses,even gives the estate agent a call if she see's a for sale sign,sounds a bit like maggot waggots antics. And she still wants one lol.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I will give credit when he has standing at the Ricoh holding the shirt having signed a contract.

Until then, going on past records I will assume everything the board and the owners say is bullshit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

says in the report we've had bid turned down though
What would we have done if the bid was accepted? The board would have probably pissed themselves laughing as they didn't expect it to be accepted and then inform Man Utd we can't actually do the transfer because of an embargo.

In the mean time the club will probably keep the embargo placed on us purposely until Norwood goes to another club and then then blame the fans as we didn't buy enough season tickets.

J

Jack Griffin

They are not signing him.. they are generating publicity. That seems to be Waggots holding role till they approve a budget.

DazzleTommyDazzle

What would we have done if the bid was accepted? The board would have probably pissed themselves laughing as they didn't expect it to be accepted and then inform Man Utd we can't actually do the transfer because of an embargo.

In the mean time the club will probably keep the embargo placed on us purposely until Norwood goes to another club and then then blame the fans as we didn't buy enough season tickets.

But season ticket sales are up on last year :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread