Walking Dead Season 6 (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

I thought the ending was dreadful too.. Will discus it later once people have watched it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Should I bother watching it or just read spoilers? Is it a waste of 90 mins?
Most people seem to think so.

I come from a different standpoint, which I will explain later. Or I can do a spoiler if you prefer?

90 mins was far too long and there was a lot of padding for sure.

Seemingly most people didn't like the epiosde at all.

chiefdave

What a load of crap. The way it was being hyped up and then it was just another run of the mill episode.

skybluegod

Yep just run of the mill.. I honestly wouldn't waste the time nick but may be worth it to make ur own decision

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Otis

Yep just run of the mill.. I honestly wouldn't waste the time nick but may be worth it to make ur own decision

How can it be run of the mill when Negan selects someone and kills them at the end?

By saying it is run of the mill it is almost saying no-one dies.

skybluegod

How can it be run of the mill when Negan selects someone and kills them at the end?

By saying it is run of the mill it is almost saying no-one dies.
It was like all the episodes leading up to it, it was all build up and then just an hour of build up, without us knowing anything we didn't last episode
All the actors claimed it made your stomach turn, it didn't at all for me... Honestly ruined a good season for me, as we now have to wait 5 months to see who it was

stupot07

Wow, I feel quite shell shocked about that. I thought I was good but like Otis will wait until the others have seen it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

It was like all the episodes leading up to it, it was all build up and then just an hour of build up, without us knowing anything we didn't last episode
All the actors claimed it made your stomach turn, it didn't at all for me... Honestly ruined a good season for me, as we now have to wait 5 months to see who it was

Errm, what I mean is the show hasn't been shown yet. Not a good idea talking about a run of the mill episode and people haven't even seen it yet.

Otis

Okay, my thoughts ....

Will put it in a spoiler just in case anyway ....

Problems I had with it.

1. How many trillion Saviours are there? Rick's lot killed at least 30, then Daryl killed quite a few (twice) and then Carol killed a few too, yet there are still gazillions of the buggers left.

In these apocalyptic times, with low food supply and resources, surely Negan wouldn't allow his group to grow so big, eating into his resources and would just have Hilltop/Alexandria style communities working for him and supplying him.

2. Carol has become a big wet mush and the complete u turn in her character just isn't believable at all.

The Morgan/Carol scenes were just purely padding and were rather boring.

3. The episode was far too long. More ad money obviously.

4. Rick crumbled far too easily at the end and no-one stood up and said don't pick Maggie because she is pregnant.

5. When the road was first blocked why didn't Rick's crew merely back the RV up far enough out of sight, for some of the group to then get out and sneak round the side and ambush the Saviours in combination with the RV once again approaching the roadblock?

Could have left it half an hour, put the plan in operation, on the premise that they went back to the roadblock believing that it would have dispersed once their having being turned away previously.

6. How on earth did the Saviours know that Maggie was going to have baby stomach problems that meant a road trip was needed to Hilltop by Rick and crew? That bit was ridiculous. Spies? See below.

7. Would have made so much more sense for Negan to ask Rick to nominate someone to die ( other than himself). That would then also create inner group conflict down the line in the aftermath.

8. Rick's group didn't seem to have any coherent plan when confronted by the road blocks.

9. If spies were watching Alexandria to inform on the RV trip, how did the Saviours manage to set up the roadblocks in such a short space of time following?

10. As there are eleventy billion Saviours, why didn't they just have Alexandria in their pocket much earlier. They completely out number Alexandria by seemingly 20 thousand to 1.

As for what I liked? I thought it was tense and as I am a big softie I really didn't want to see any of the main characters die, so I was quite relieved. :)

Last edited:

Otis

Also, totally get the cliffhanger. It's a TV series and that's what TV series' do.

Do now think it may be a slightly lesser of a main character to go perhaps (Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Rosita)

The build up was so huge and so too the anticipation, that if they had 'killed' (so we could see) someone tonight, it would have had to be Daryl or Michonne or Rick or Maggie or Glen.

I think that maybe now we have 6 months gap, they can get away with killing a slightly less crucial main character. Might be well wide of the mark though.

I can understand why fans are annoyed, but I totally accepted it and was also rather pleased we didn't see who it was.

skybluegod

Also, totally get the cliffhanger. It's a TV series and that's what TV series' do.

Do now think it may be a slightly lesser of a main character (Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Rosita)

The build up was so huge and so too the anticipation, that if they had 'killed' (so we could see) someone tonight, it would have had to be Daryl or Michonne or Rick or Maggie or Glen.

I think that maybe now we have 6 months gap, they can get away with killing a slightly less crucial main character. Might be well wide of the mark though.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
Will respond to the big message in the morning ;)

But agree it is most likely one of those 4 and everyone I have talked to agrees

Although we all want it to be Carl

I think it is Sasha or Rosita mainly because he says 'taken it like a man'

Plus rick won't die, daryll wouldn't have been able to take the hit in his condition, Glenn should have died early in season so pointless now, Maggie doesn't seem likely more to develop on her, and killing the gay guy seems pointless as he is so irrelevant

Otis

Will respond to the big message in the morning ;)

But agree it is most likely one of those 4 and everyone I have talked to agrees

Although we all want it to be Carl

I think it is Sasha or Rosita mainly because he says 'taken it like a man'

Plus rick won't die, daryll wouldn't have been able to take the hit in his condition, Glenn should have died early in season so pointless now, Maggie doesn't seem likely more to develop on her, and killing the gay guy seems pointless as he is so irrelevant

Yes, agree.

Does seem most of the public didn't like the episode at all. Can fully understand why.

skybluegod

Yes, agree.

Does seem most of the public didn't like the episode at all. Can fully understand why.
I just think it's a really big waste to what was one of their best seasons yet, yes its a good cliff hanger, but they built it up too much to leave it like that for 6 months

stupot07

Completely agree Otis

The plot was ridiculous, but rather gripping especially at the end.

The Survivors are a ridiculously big group like you say, where the hell are they living?

How did they do all of those blockades and waste all of those resources when they could have just taken Alexandria anyway, the wolves guys nearly did it and they were a much smaller group who had no guns!

As to who he chose to beat, I have no idea, but I wikk be gutted if one of the big characters go. We have seemed to have lost a lot of big characters this season.

I enjoyed it, and the ending was gripping but on reflection I feel a bit let down. Just read in the internet that this is the end of the story (from season 2 to now)/and the 7th season will start a new story for rick and the group. Just can't imagine where it goes from here. Surely ricks group wont want to be Negans bitch for ever, but surely they won't be abkr to take down the whole group which is so large?

skybluegod

The thing I did find interesting was who was the group that saved carol and Morgan? Possibly gonna be the saviours (oh the irony) of rick and his group?

Sky_Blue_Daz

So I avoided all spoilers and there was feck all to spoil
I enjoyed that episode Neagen is very enigmatic

Otis

Completely agree Otis

The plot was ridiculous, but rather gripping especially at the end.

The Survivors are a ridiculously big group like you say, where the hell are they living?

How did they do all of those blockades and waste all of those resources when they could have just taken Alexandria anyway, the wolves guys nearly did it and they were a much smaller group who had no guns!

As to who he chose to beat, I have no idea, but I wikk be gutted if one of the big characters go. We have seemed to have lost a lot of big characters this season.

I enjoyed it, and the ending was gripping but on reflection I feel a bit let down. Just read in the internet that this is the end of the story (from season 2 to now)/and the 7th season will start a new story for rick and the group. Just can't imagine where it goes from here. Surely ricks group wont want to be Negans bitch for ever, but surely they won't be abkr to take down the whole group which is so large?

That just sounds like a load of spun bollocks though doesn't it, the start of a new story, yet we don't know who was killed.

The start of the new story is surely after the killing and as we don't know who is killed, we are still very much in the mode of the old story.

I don't buy that reasoning at all and reading the internet, nor do many others either. Complete cop-out answer.

There are three scenarios I reckon.

1. Deliberately left out who was killed to give a slowly built up drum roll for the next few months.

2. They haven't decided yet who they are killing off (might make sense because you would think it would surely be impossible for everyone to keep quiet about it all and out of the public domain for so many months. Think John Snow).

3. They have already filmed who died and it was indeed supposed to be part of season 6, episode 16. This would then explain the cast saying reading the script made them sick to their stomachs.

I just don't buy this 'none of us know who died' from the actors. Course they know!

This is the most likely scenario, it was in the script, it was filmed, but the producers tantalisingly decided to hold back on the revelation bit.

The actors were either lying about the 'sick to their stomachs,' or are lying about not knowing who dies.

Otis

The thing I did find interesting was who was the group that saved carol and Morgan? Possibly gonna be the saviours (oh the irony) of rick and his group?

In the comics there are other groups who are also supplying Negan, so the assumption from me is that these guys are from some hockey puck community and they may well join forces with Rick.

Rick was so disappointing last night. Would expect a slow crumble as the situation dawned on him, but he showed no resistance at all and immediately melted into a quivering jelly as soon as they were all captured. Completely in an instant!

He surely would have spoke up at first and surely the first thing he would have asked and pleaded for would have been humanitarian grounds to allow Maggie to get to a doctor!

And don't start me on Carol! From badass to Women's Guild woman who makes the vol au vents in the blink of an eye.

King of the Lesbians

Who was the group that saved carol and Morgan? Possibly gonna be the saviours (oh the irony) of rick and his group?

I think that was Captain America!

Good tension filled episode slightly let down by the non-reveal considering all the "sick to their stomachs" comments.

Just before the home run Negan talks about taking Carls good eye and feeding it to Rick. If you look at his body language it appears Carl is to his right and Rick is to his left so it's somebody between them two.

And Otis, regarding the actors not knowing. Is it not possible that they filed Negan batting a camera?

Nick

Administrator
I didn't bother watching it, after seeing the reaction it seemed like a bit of a waste.

Otis

I think that was Captain America!

Good tension filled episode slightly let down by the non-reveal considering all the "sick to their stomachs" comments.

Just before the home run Negan talks about taking Carls good eye and feeding it to Rick. If you look at his body language it appears Carl is to his right and Rick is to his left so it's somebody between them two.

And Otis, regarding the actors not knowing. Is it not possible that they filed Negan batting a camera?
Oh yes, of course. I am talking about them filming the following scene as well, but just that we haven't seen it yet.

And as for the line-up, the producers said to ignore that as they used a lot of impressionism, knowing that the audience would try and work out who it was.

skybluejelly

I really liked the episode .. I thought neegan was great .. Was just such a massive anticlimax at the end of a pretty good season ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of the Lesbians

Oh yes, of course. I am talking about them filming the following scene as well, but just that we haven't seen it yet.

Maybe they haven't filmed it yet? It was in woods. They are everywhere. I'm pretty sure they would be able to set that up to look like it did.
Or maybe they have filmed more than 1 ending including the one where you, Maggie & Carol get it on...

ajsccfc

I had Daryl as getting killed in the finale, but now I don't see that happening. One theory I read that I now fancy will happen is that Negan will kill nobody. He'll point his bat at his intended victim and that's the end of the season

Fuck's sake. What a load of bollocks.

From the comics, the people who came to help Morgan and Carol point to The Kingdom featuring in the next season.

SkyBlueScottie

Superb episode, I have complained in the past about there not really being a threat to Rick and the group since the Governor, since that point another group comes along and they are destroyed within a couple of episodes (see Terminus)

I thought the episode was excellent as it showed us just how big a community Negan has gathered, it showed us the scale of what "our" group are up against, at last now there is a decent credible threat. What would be the point in rushing through the story, people are now far too keen to see a story resolve itself at the earliest available point, sit back and enjoy the journey. I was surprised to not see who met Lucille, however its not a bad thing, its a cliff hanger... Itsdesigned to make you go woah no fair... but then you talk about it with people, enjoying the episode and best bits again through your discussion and then you are super excited when October comes around. Scott Gimple made an excellent point on The Talking Dead, he compared to when the hatch was opened in Lost...

Lastly, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is superb as Negan, I really didnt know what to expect from the character but he was menacing, dark, evil and also likeable, supperb acting / writing.

Lastly, its official. TWD is now my most favourite TV show ever, overtaking 24 into its top spot.

Cant wait for October, and I will just have to put up with Fear The Walking Dead for now.

ajsccfc

A lot of people are talking about it, but a lot of the talk is how they've been short changed. It's a show that doesn't need a hook to get people to watch, they're already in. Things like this and the whole Glenn 'death' earlier in the season are cheap.

olderskyblue

Must admit, I enjoyed it.

Yes the plot had a few holes in it, but you can say that about most TV series really. eg Why Rick and the team didn't instantly recognise it was a trap at the first barricade when they weren't shot at, or definitely the 2nd, and plan accordingly?

Why people are moaning about not knowing who was killed is beyond me. Have they never watched TV before?

Otis

Yep. As I said last night, it's a TV series and it's what TV series' do.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

skybluejelly

Well I personally didn't think it was a gut wrenching finale .. As they made out it was going to be ... Of course to series have done it since the days of Buck Rogers and superman... I look forward to the old fashioned editing where nobody dies at all and the blood was actually neegans

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
TWD is a great show but it still only ranks 2nd in my favourites list. Can't beat Breaking Bad! For the last couple of weeks, me and 'er indoors have just finished watching the whole lot from start to finish for the 2nd time round and it still made us want to watch 3 or 4 episodes on the trot! We're now watching Dexter again!

Users who are viewing this thread