Walking Dead Season 6 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

The fact it's a cliffhanger isn't a surprise or the main issue, it's the dupe involved. The cast were speaking about how hard it was to film and how the script made them sick, but now you have the makers suggesting that they don't actually know who's dead and the person who will be filming that part of it doesn't even know it's them yet. Either they changed plans or happily misled people they don't need to.

The reveal of Negan and the building tension throughout the episode was great, but it fizzled out a little with the ending. I hope Trevor Philips is back next season, mind.

chiefdave

The fact it's a cliffhanger isn't a surprise or the main issue, it's the dupe involved.

That's what annoyed me. It's the boy who cried wolf. They've done it too many times this season and its just annoying now. And there's the things Otis mentioned. You can suspend reality, its a program after zombies after all, but you reach a limit and its got to the point where you're watching thinking these must be the stupidest people on earth.

Saying that I don't think they really need a cliffhanger, people who have stuck with it this far are still going to watch if there's no cliffhanger.

Nick

Administrator
That's what annoyed me. It's the boy who cried wolf. They've done it too many times this season and its just annoying now. And there's the things Otis mentioned. You can suspend reality, its a program after zombies after all, but you reach a limit and its got to the point where you're watching thinking these must be the stupidest people on earth.

Saying that I don't think they really need a cliffhanger, people who have stuck with it this far are still going to watch if there's no cliffhanger.

The stupid bits get annoying, if somebody was alive after years of Zombies they would be switched on. They wouldn't be doing stuff like trying to get a rocket off a live zombie dangling off a bridge or stuff like that.

It always seems that the stupid stuff always leads to the bigger points, gets them in trouble, somebody dies and onto the next bit.

Otis

The fact it's a cliffhanger isn't a surprise or the main issue, it's the dupe involved. The cast were speaking about how hard it was to film and how the script made them sick, but now you have the makers suggesting that they don't actually know who's dead and the person who will be filming that part of it doesn't even know it's them yet. Either they changed plans or happily misled people they don't need to.

The reveal of Negan and the building tension throughout the episode was great, but it fizzled out a little with the ending. I hope Trevor Philips is back next season, mind.
I am almost certain that the actors wouldn't have lied about the 'sick to their stomachs' bit.

What has almost certainly happened is, that the scripts they had, DID have the horrific scene in, with the character having his or her brains splattered across the screen, but that it either just wasn't filmed, or was filmed but hasn't been shown yet.

I would go for the latter. Without being arrogant, I have a bit of knowledge of filmmaking (made films myself and been on a number of film sets) and I know that to have an immediate continuation of an outdoor scene, filmed months apart, in terms of continuity and lighting, is very, very difficult. Filmmakers always endeavour to try and get shot like that in the bag on the same day, or within 2 or 3 days where at all possible.

I reckon it has already been filmed, but we just haven't seen it yet. Clothing and hairstyle and set all have to be identical and then you have to recreate exactly the same lighting. Massive job.

They may well film the scene in the future, but it would cause logistical problems for sure.

I just don't buy that the actors would have been instructed to say that the scene made them sick to their stomachs. Too disingenuous.

Pretty certain they saw the script with the whole scene played out and then it was filmed but not shown, or hasn't been filmed yet.

ajsccfc

Someone's definitely telling porkies somewhere as they've said the fella playing Negan only filmed the scene where he vandalised the bloody camera right at the last second without filming any other version. They do have a history of toying with the audience of course, they just don't need to really.

covcity4life

i dont understand the problem. you dont like that they are not sure who they are killing off? you are angry about the writers?

or you dont like that an actor might lose their job and you feel sorry for them?????

in any case walking dead is quite overated because it doesnt have conssitency. also every human is evil it seems.

dont get me wrong its still one of best shows on tv but just think its a lil overated

ajsccfc

I don't like that they led us to believe the episode would contain something that won't be seen now for another six months if at all.

Otis

Word has it, in some quarters that the person who was killed by Lucille was. ...
Glenn! Someone has slowed down the audio (I can't tell myself) and they have concluded that Maggie screams, then Abraham says Glenn and then Carl says no and then Maggie says hold on Glenn.

Listened three times now and I can't detect it.

The producers have said though that the clues as to who was killed are there in that final scene. Is the audio the clue?

stupot07

Wasn't Glenn on the end if the line towards Negans left. I haven't watched it back but I'm sure he moved to the right just before clubbing the person, so I presumed it was someone in the middle?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Wasn't Glenn on the end if the line towards Negans left. I haven't watched it back but I'm sure he moved to the right just before clubbing the person, so I presumed it was someone in the middle?

Ahh, but after the show the makers said they were deliberately impressionistic with the line-up and the close-ups as Negan walked up and down the line.

They said they knew some people would try and work it out as to who was where and where Negan was talking to and pointing at, so they deliberately went for an impressionistic approach to throw viewers off the scent. They filmed it in a way to make it slightly dishonest as to who Negan was approaching and where people were.

Otherwise they say, people would indeed be able to work it out from who was where and who they were next to.

skybluegod

"Executive producer Greg Nicotero has already said that none of the cast knows who Negan killed. Including actors Norman Reedus and Steven Yeun, who plays Glenn. As well, it's been said that there are absolutely no clues in the video or a way to break the code by the showrunners. And it's quite possible that they don't even know who they want to have killed yet. They might wait to see where all the Internet speculation goes, and make a decided sharp left turn to throw everyone off. None of The Walking Dead Season has been shot yet, let alone written. And the kill scene was only done via the POV we see in this final episode."

If this is to be believed then all of the guessing can stop haha.

Otis

"Executive producer Greg Nicotero has already said that none of the cast knows who Negan killed. Including actors Norman Reedus and Steven Yeun, who plays Glenn. As well, it's been said that there are absolutely no clues in the video or a way to break the code by the showrunners. And it's quite possible that they don't even know who they want to have killed yet. They might wait to see where all the Internet speculation goes, and make a decided sharp left turn to throw everyone off. None of The Walking Dead Season has been shot yet, let alone written. And the kill scene was only done via the POV we see in this final episode."

If this is to be believed then all of the guessing can stop haha.
Well yes, but if all that is true (which it could well be) then the actors did lie about them being sick to the stomach upon reading the script!

What else could they be sick about? That Negan uttered eenie, meanie, minie, mo? The burning logs?

skybluegod

Well yes, but if all that is true (which it could well be) then the actors did lie about them being sick to the stomach upon reading the script!

What else could they be sick about? That Negan uttered eenie, meanie, minie, mo? The burning logs?

Well they obviously know that someone is getting their head smashed in still? I don't know whether to believe it or not TBH, but it doesn't really matter. As nobody can be sure until October.

Otis

Well they obviously know that someone is getting their head smashed in still? I don't know whether to believe it or not TBH, but it doesn't really matter. As nobody can be sure until October.
They said they read the script though and it made them feel sick to their stomachs.

Now we hear that none of the cast know who dies.

Someone is telling porkies.

My assumption, as I am sure was the vast majority of the audience's assumption, was that they were sick to their stomachs by the savagery and by who it was that was killed.

I'm now leaning towards Audio Glenn and the fact that he only supposedly got a contract for this one series only. ;)

Also, on a side note what happened to the producers saying the finale would take a massive left turn away from the comic?

So instead of Negan bashing someone's brain in with a baseball bat, he bashes someone's brain in with a baseball bat? Maybe just a different person though!

Ooooh, what a left turn. Wow!! ;)

skybluegod

They said they read the script though and it made them feel sick to their stomachs.

Now we hear that none of the cast know who dies.

Someone is telling porkies.

My assumption, as I am sure was the vast majority of the audience's assumption, was that they were sick to their stomachs by the savagery and by who it was that was killed.

I'm now leaning towards Audio Glenn and the fact that he only supposedly got a contract for this one series only. ;)

Also, on a side note what happened to the producers saying the finale would take a massive left turn away from the comic?

So instead of Negan bashing someone's brain in with a baseball bat, he bashes someone's brain in with a baseball bat? Maybe just a different person though!

Ooooh, what a left turn. Wow!! ;)
I listened to the audio and I'm not sure they would be so stupid as to leave that in?
I, like you, have done some filming and editing movies in the past, and they would have had people run over it a billion times .. I just don't buy it tbh

Yeah that confused me as well and not just bash anybodies head in with a bat, does he not in the comics bash in Glenn's head with a bat?

I still believe it is Sasha or Abraham , but let's just wait and see ey

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

stupot07

I've been thinking about this, and actually there could be a good chance that the actors don't know who was killed. We're presuming that season 7 will continue with the beating and death, but they could start it a day/week/month(s) later and the group are still coming to terms with what has happened.

Otis

I've been thinking about this, and actually there could be a good chance that the actors don't know who was killed. We're presuming that season 7 will continue with the beating and death, but they could start it a day/week/month(s) later and the group are still coming to terms with what has happened.

Errm, doesn't that sound as dull as dishwater? ;)

I hope not. It would be an hour of wailing and crying and gnashing of teeth, when the audience in reality, really only want to see the teeth of Lucille's barbed wire! :)

And talking of as dull as dishwater, I have just started watching Fear the Walking Dead. Bit bland isn't it. :(

Last edited:

skybluegod

Errm, doesn't that sound as dull as dishwater? ;)

I hope not. It would be an hour of wailing and crying and gnashing of teeth, when the audience in reality, really only want to see the teeth of Lucille's barbed wire! :)

And talking of as dull as dishwater, I have just started watching Fear the Walking Dead. Bit bland isn't it. :(
Stick with it Otis I found the first episode dire but really enjoyed it in the end. Season 2 is scheduled to come out 2 weeks before TWD restarts

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Otis

Watched all 6. Found it dull unfortunately and many of the characters really annoying.

The two sons I found really, really irritating, as I did the mum, Maddison, and every time the Daniel Salazar character gives one of his story speeches, my hand hovers over the fast forward button.

I think the second season is suppose to be better, so will stick with it.

For me it just doesn't have the richness of characters such as Rick, Michonne, Carol, Maggie and Daryl. These lack depth and as I say, I have trouble empathising with many of them because they are so annoying.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

wow i have never seen such an overreaction to a season finale cliffhanger!

they are par for the course nearly every year on 80% of shows

Otis

wow i have never seen such an overreaction to a season finale cliffhanger!

they are par for the course nearly every year on 80% of shows
Think with GOT and TWD, they are so massive and the fan base so ardent, it can get a bit out of hand.

I see there is a petition that currently has 19,000 signatures, demanding the producers say who died. ;)

Otis

Just announced, Stu, that the new season starts off from the exact place it left off from, with the person who has just been killed being revealed.

Guessing we will just see a limp, lifeless body lying there.

ajsccfc

People making a petition demanding they reveal who died before the end of May is mental. Have they said what they'll do if the producers don't?

Otis

People making a petition demanding they reveal who died before the end of May is mental. Have they said what they'll do if the producers don't?
They are going to set all the zombies loose from their padlocked concentration camps and watch the world burn.

chiefdave

The only danger to the show is if people start switching off. If the next episode has a significantly lower viewing figure than previous serious premieres then AMC might start to think about winding things down. It can't be a cheap show to make and this far in contracts must be coming up for renewal.

Otis

The only danger to the show is if people start switching off. If the next episode has a significantly lower viewing figure than previous serious premieres then AMC might start to think about winding things down. It can't be a cheap show to make and this far in contracts must be coming up for renewal.
Well they now know they will have a great audience figure for the first episode at least.

Trouble is with these drum roll things, the longer they go on the less enthusiastic people become. A six month gap I think will result in a wane of interest into who gets done in, as opposed to a heightened one.

The John Snow one is a case in point in GOT. At first everyone was wondering if he is dead or not, but a lot of people now have gone seemingly a little bit meh over it all and whatever will be, will be.

What TWD should have done I think, was to have the cliffhanger , but have the reveal the following week. That would have really hit the audience.

The expectancy was that Negan appeared in the last episode and waved his bat about. Had he surprisingly appeared in the penultimate episode and that was the one played out last weekend, then that would have thrown a curve ball and you would have had a really intense 7 day build up to the big reveal as to who died the following week.

Audience viewing figures would have been tremendously high.

Last edited:

covcity4life

No, I'm not asking for anything. I said it was a bit of a shitty letdown, but that's about it.

oh ok

i thought it was excellent ending to a boring episode myself

i prefer shows that cap things off in season finales. each season should be like a journey. too many shows go cliffhanger route. this way when you throw in a cliffhanger its like holy ****

Users who are viewing this thread