Walsall game - throw the doors open! (1 Viewer)

oucho

Occurred to me this lunchtime that TF could have many worse ideas than allowing free entry to all fans for the final home game of the season (if practical of course).

It would be a good way of reaching out to many non-attenders in the city, and also a "thank you for your forbearance and support" this season to other fans.

We'd miss out on a chunk of ticket money but in the scheme of things it's probably not a hugely significant sum. Would be a nice gesture IMO with little downside (although limited benefit if you have a ST of course)!

oucho

The one that's public that it's going to be a rampage?

Reckon there'll be aggro?

I doubt it tbh, so many fans have been resigned to relegation for so long, I strongly doubt it'd kick off.

Captain Dart

It's going to kick off big time.
Quite possibly when the certainty of relegation is confirmed I predict a riot (well strongly expressed dissatisfaction anyway).

torchomatic

Yea , I think il keep my daughter away from this one , cheers for the heads up

Yeah, think I'll do the same with my lad.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

probably not worth buying tickets for scunny away then as our fans will be banned if there is that sort of trouble against walsall cheers for the heads up

ajsccfc

Is this going to be another of the games where we're vaguely told to wait and see and then it passes without incident or is it actually going to kick off?

hutch1972

just imagine if they gave free entry and only the same 9k turned up, we would be more of a laughing stock than we are now.
Be interesting to see if any NOPM supporters attended though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Someone should tell the Walsall fans not to bother because the game is certain to be called off

I'll be ticked off if we start next season with any points docked off (I know there's been debate about this before), but why risk it - in my mind it just gives a few ne'er do wells the excuse to misbehave.) Pre-arranged disorder will only lead to a few lads ending up with fines or bans. Pointless for this. If the club says 'we're off to Rushden' etc for 3 years, then I'd change my mind about the idea.

clint van damme

I'll be ticked off if we start next season with any points docked off (I know there's been debate about this before), but why risk it - in my mind it just gives a few ne'er do wells the excuse to misbehave.) Pre-arranged disorder will only lead to a few lads ending up with fines or bans. Pointless for this. If the club says 'we're off to Rushden' etc for 3 years, then I'd change my mind about the idea.

although I don't really agree with you you get a like for using the term ne'er do well.

stevefloyd

why let ourselves down just go support the team and go get pissed somewhere and reflect on what could have been had we had a half decent team

pusbccfc

They could open the doors, give everyone a beer and a burger and they still wouldn't have more than 15,000 turn up.

skybluepm2

Surely a demonstration against our illustrious chairman would be fitting. Everyone bring a fish to either wave with or to slap him across the face. 10,000 stinking trouts thrown pitchside

Essexrobbie

If there's a pitch invasion and sit in then those concerned will get life bans, the team will get docked points to start next season and will have to play several games behind closed doors. Anyone thinking of this cause of action should seriously think of the consequences before acting and if they come to the conclusion the limited publicity it will get and negative feedback is all worth it...... than fine there not a lot anyone can do.

ccfc92

If there's a pitch invasion and sit in then those concerned will get life bans, the team will get docked points to start next season and will have to play several games behind closed doors. Anyone thinking of this cause of action should seriously think of the consequences before acting and if they come to the conclusion the limited publicity it will get and negative feedback is all worth it...... than fine there not a lot anyone can do.

Why would a sit in get bans and points docked etc?

Essexrobbie

Why would a sit in get bans and points docked etc?
errrr well if it starts before the game is actually finished and the game is subsequently abandoned then there will be consequences. If it happens after the game has finished then im sure the league wont give a toss.

Terry Gibson's perm

The football league are toothless they wouldn't dare dock points as Sisu would drag them into court:emoji_thinking:

ccfc92

errrr well if it starts before the game is actually finished and the game is subsequently abandoned then there will be consequences. If it happens after the game has finished then im sure the league wont give a toss.

Oh you mean sit down on the pitch to get it abandoned?

Sba180

just imagine if they gave free entry and only the same 9k turned up, we would be more of a laughing stock than we are now.
Be interesting to see if any NOPM supporters attended though.

I've got a fair suspicion a few NOPM go anyway, and those that don't probably never went in the first place.
NOPM seems to be an excuse not to go in my opinion

Covstu

I was thinking of taking my daughter to this game for her first game but with all this shit I don't think I will bother

Sba180

Unless we play at a certain national stadium in London....
Quite! Some still said they didn't go there either and I reckon it's these that haven't been since 1989 but will still tell you they've had a season ticket for years

Adge

Ah well, worth a gamble then I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread