Match Thread Walsall v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (1 Viewer)

Otis

Why are you bringing race into it though? I have heard people say stuff like I just don't trust blacks in goal when I'm down ricoh so it's nothing something to joke about

And I stood up for burge just a few posts above so don't worry I don't hate white people

Also should remind you that you have said on this very forum that rcc is shit but burge is worse
I hate white people and I'm white.

Hadji10

Why are you bringing race into it though? I have heard people say stuff like I just don't trust blacks in goal when I'm down ricoh so it's nothing something to joke about

And I stood up for burge just a few posts above so don't worry I don't hate white people

Also should remind you that you have said on this very forum that rcc is shit but burge is worse

I'm quite clearly joking.

covcity4life

It's not a great joke.

Burge is part of a team is in form. he's not making huge mistakes yet so let's keep him in and ride the wave

Otis

It's not a great joke.

Burge is part of a team is in form. he's not making huge mistakes yet so let's keep him in and ride the wave
And it was quite clear that no-one was totally blaming him for the goal on Saturday, just simply asking if could have maybe done better with it.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't think there is much between the pair of them both make some good saves and terrible decisions, rcc wins it for me as he has slightly better distribution but does rush that.

Pipehitterz

if anyone was to blame for the goal it was willis for staying routed and turning his back

it was in fact tho, a very good goal from walsall, 5 crisp passes and a sweet left foot finish.

and thats about it

covcity4life

if anyone was to blame for the goal it was willis for staying routed and turning his back

it was in fact tho, a very good goal from walsall, 5 crisp passes and a sweet left foot finish.

and thats about it

Agreed. good goal and Willis only possibly city player at fault

georgehudson

It's all about opinion, I stood in front of a city fan yesterday who bemoaned the performance of Turnbull non-stop, personally I thought he had an OK game, but as I said, it's all about opinion.
On that subject my opinion of the referee D.Whitestone, was, that he was utterly abysmal.
Additionally, that Chambers bloke in the Walsall team should have been dismissed for a series of unlawful challenges, imho, he is nothing more than a thug.
PUSB

chiefdave

For those that were there how would you rate Burge's performance? Wasn't there yesterday but in the games I've seen since he's come back in he's seemed better than he was but still makes me nervous. The phrase 'Burge collects at the second attempt' seemed to feature a lot in the commentary yesterday.

Terry Gibson's perm

Second player in consecutive interviews to raise that point.

Wonder why TM couldn't see it wasn't working but Venus can / could?

It's because the modern managers are smart arses they have to think they are outsmarting everybody with formations and players moving out of position, even Harry Redknapp said yesterday it's about having Good players not fancy formations

Reactions: vow

sw88

Chief Commentator!
For those that were there how would you rate Burge's performance? Wasn't there yesterday but in the games I've seen since he's come back in he's seemed better than he was but still makes me nervous. The phrase 'Burge collects at the second attempt' seemed to feature a lot in the commentary yesterday.

I still get nervous as soon as I see his name on the team sheet. But he's doing what's asked of him in the main.

Agree he did seem to take two efforts a lot of the time yesterday before getting the ball, but he's getting it; that's the main thing.

His kicking is still pretty poor but that's something we are never going to train out of him :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just watched the goal again and it's just out of pure hatred for the bloke for some weird reason, the shot goes through Willis and Turnbulls legs, he wouldn't have seen it till late and it was right in the corner.

Go boil ya fucking heads. RCC has made about 5 game changing fucking errors this season and not a fucking word.

It's because he chats utter shit on Twitter and interacts with the fans though, innit?
Agree it wasn't Burge fault.

Almost as stupid as one or two individuals who unfairly blamed RCC every time he conceded a goal

covcity4life

Second player in consecutive interviews to raise that point.

Wonder why TM couldn't see it wasn't working but Venus can / could?

TM method probably works with better players on higher leagues. but Venus sees it needs to be altered for lower leagues perhaps

stupot07

Burge had no chance. If anyone's culpable it was bigi letting his man run off the back of him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Is changing something that clearly ain't working not part of management then?

Hindsight is twenty twenty. I am sure managers all over world have encountered problems that they have persisted with same fix and it has eventually clicked and started to work. just as many as those that changed things up to help.resolve issues

Hadji10

Hindsight is twenty twenty. I am sure managers all over world have encountered problems that they have persisted with same fix and it has eventually clicked and started to work. just as many as those that changed things up to help.resolve issues

He left it for 7 months. Bad management. End of story.

Pipehitterz

to be honest he had very little to do in the first hour
he did fumble a tame shot bang on half time, straight into top corner of his own net, but as i assume, the commentary siad, collected at second attempt

seem routed twice near the end for thier 2 'blazed wide ' shots, but as i say, had nothing else to do really, including much kicking either

wingy

It's all about opinion, I stood in front of a city fan yesterday who bemoaned the performance of Turnbull non-stop, personally I thought he had an OK game, but as I said, it's all about opinion.
On that subject my opinion of the referee D.Whitestone, was, that he was utterly abysmal.
Additionally, that Chambers bloke in the Walsall team should have been dismissed for a series of unlawful challenges, imho, he is nothing more than a thug.
PUSB
Nothing changes George! :mad:

RegTheDonk

We dominated much of that game, particularly first half, but Walsall were guilty of letting us have too much space. Thought Rose took his goal well, nice to see an instinctive, clinical finish...a split second to think and hit it. Pleased we looked fairly comfortable for most of the game - until it seemed we got tired and stopped closing them down. Draw IMHO a fair result in the end and glad Venus has helped stop the rot by not trying to be too clever.

Missed their goal so had to wait to see highlights - dunno why Burge didn't stretch for it, he was diving so why a half-hearted effort? Maybe he'd lost his positioning and thought it was going wide? Dunno, but he's improved in recent games and made a couple of good saves yesterday - I'd argue without him we'd have dropped all 3 points, as despite our dominance most of the finishing was pretty woeful. Unfortunately, keeper is a position where any mistakes are exposed...there are probably better keepers than either him or RCC, but are we in a position to lure any come the window, or are there more priority targets?

Tonylinc

Having looked again at the goals i do feel that Burge ought to have better. Maybe he thought that was going wide? Can't believe nobody has said about the "pen" on Bigi. The goalkeeper clearly brings him down with his knee.

clint van damme

Having looked again at the goals i do feel that Burge ought to have better. Maybe he thought that was going wide? Can't believe nobody has said about the "pen" on Bigi. The goalkeeper clearly brings him down with his knee.

keepers poor for both goals.
A decent keeper could make all the difference in this league but recruiting one easier said than done.

Users who are viewing this thread