Match Thread Walsall v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (1 Viewer)

ps1948

It's all about opinion, I stood in front of a city fan yesterday who bemoaned the performance of Turnbull non-stop, personally I thought he had an OK game, but as I said, it's all about opinion.
On that subject my opinion of the referee D.Whitestone, was, that he was utterly abysmal.
Additionally, that Chambers bloke in the Walsall team should have been dismissed for a series of unlawful challenges, imho, he is nothing more than a thug.
PUSB
Is Chambers the dirty little bastard of a midfielder who should have been sent off last season at the Ricoh?

georgehudson

He is indeed, his second half challenge on Bigirimana was an assault, having already issued Chambers with a yellow card, as well as Bigirimana, he chickened out.
This despite the fact that all of the foul and agressive play, in that instance was from Chambers.
Thankfully, he is 35 now, so we won't have to suffer him much longer.
I wish I could echo the same sentiment about Whitestone. Unfortunately, I feel, he will hang around like a bad smell for a while longer.
As I re-iterated in previous replies, on this thread, well played CCFC & PUSB.

Tonylinc

Still reckon Bigi dived. Can see Keeper bending his knees in. Yes he shouldn't go out with his feet as you run the risk of fouling the sttacker, but Bigi seen an opportunity and took a massive gamble that didn't pay off
Maybe the fact that he was running away from the goal also influenced the ref. but he WAS brought down.

georgehudson

I had a sensible conversation with a Saddlers fan after the game & with reference to the 1st penalty incident he said, 'Woy wuz luckoy thair, cuz Ethridge uz dunnit afore', I wasn't taking the proverbial, as he was 1st to accuse CCFC fans of having a strange accent.
Nevertheless the gist of the conversation was that for his part, Walsall got out of jail yesterday

Swiftlyon

He is indeed, his second half challenge on Bigirimana was an assault, having already issued Chambers with a yellow card, as well as Bigirimana, he chickened out.
This despite the fact that all of the foul and agressive play, in that instance was from Chambers.
Thankfully, he is 35 now, so we won't have to suffer him much longer.
I wish I could echo the same sentiment about Whitestone. Unfortunately, I feel, he will hang around like a bad smell for a while longer.
As I re-iterated in previous replies, on this thread, well played CCFC & PUSB.
I'm obviously going to defend Adam here. In a 17 year career with 450 first team appearances he has been sent off twice. I think suggesting he is a thug is harsh.

Yesterday, we had a player carried off following a a very cynical foul by Page. Understandably, that hasn't been mentioned on here but those who were there yesterday will remember it and I'm sure will wish Kieran Morris a speedy recovery from what looked like a bad injury following a nasty foul. I don't know Mr Page and professionally he did what he needed to do to prevent an attack. Is he a thug? Doubt it. Is Adam Chambers a thug? Again , I very much doubt it especially given his devout Christianity and very good disciplinary record (hasn't been booked this season).

Oh and while I'm on a red-tinted point, it was a dive yesterday. The 2D telly pictures and angle help your forward. From behind the goal and in 3D you could see the gap between our goalie's knee and the falling forward. There was fresh air in the space where your forward thought our goalie's foot would be.

On a less red-tinted point, our "stick on pen" doesn't look as though it was at all. From behind the goal it looked like Oztumer laid the ball back and got clattered. From the front though you can see your defender actually reached round with his leg and got the ball. No pen and a good decision.

georgehudson

Yes some pertinent & valid points SL, though it still irks with many CCFC fans that it was Chambers who put Maddison out for over 3 months last season, & being close to his overly aggressive challenge on Bigirimana in the second half added fuel to the fire. That being said, he certainly adds steel to the Walsall side.
I hope that Morris is not too badly injured, as in the time Page has been on loan to CCFC he has never shown a cynical side to his play.
In my opinion it was a keenly contested game, & with my Sky Blue glasses on I think we shaded it.
Here's hoping for a good season for both sides.
Watch out for the Grammar Police & moral theologians

covcity4life

just seen highlights(extended :) )

thought bigi was unlucky not to get a pen. i know it seems apparent he dived and im not disputing that but it looked a nailed on pen and i think alot of refs would have given it

sterry too with a shout at a pen near the end

pleasing stuff overall, lameries with some long rangers nice to see, hes a quality player and not having to worry about rotation will help him express himself.

georgehudson

Damned right I've just viewed those highlights, Dean Whitestone has taken over the mantle left by Uriah Rennie of reffing by numbers

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm obviously going to defend Adam here. In a 17 year career with 450 first team appearances he has been sent off twice. I think suggesting he is a thug is harsh.

Yesterday, we had a player carried off following a a very cynical foul by Page. Understandably, that hasn't been mentioned on here but those who were there yesterday will remember it and I'm sure will wish Kieran Morris a speedy recovery from what looked like a bad injury following a nasty foul. I don't know Mr Page and professionally he did what he needed to do to prevent an attack. Is he a thug? Doubt it. Is Adam Chambers a thug? Again , I very much doubt it especially given his devout Christianity and very good disciplinary record (hasn't been booked this season).

Oh and while I'm on a red-tinted point, it was a dive yesterday. The 2D telly pictures and angle help your forward. From behind the goal and in 3D you could see the gap between our goalie's knee and the falling forward. There was fresh air in the space where your forward thought our goalie's foot would be.

On a less red-tinted point, our "stick on pen" doesn't look as though it was at all. From behind the goal it looked like Oztumer laid the ball back and got clattered. From the front though you can see your defender actually reached round with his leg and got the ball. No pen and a good decision.

Can't disagree with any of that, well apart from the devout christinaty bit since Bigi (player who fell down) also reports the same man upstairs :D

georgehudson

It used to infuriate me, as it does with Dean Whitestone, & many other refs, that when having given a decision, he used to/they, nod the head several times.
As if to say, that's the decision, you have to agree with me.
In my book, that's the sign of a self centred egotist.
PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

just seen highlights(extended :) )

thought bigi was unlucky not to get a pen. i know it seems apparent he dived and im not disputing that but it looked a nailed on pen and i think alot of refs would have given it

sterry too with a shout at a pen near the end

pleasing stuff overall, lameries with some long rangers nice to see, hes a quality player and not having to worry about rotation will help him express himself.
And to think Lameries Couldn't get a game under Tony Mowbray , :facepalm:

covcity4life

Not necessarily but more obvious with say Burge.
On the opposite spectrum RCC and J.Jones sit out.
im joking because hes trolling, so used his words against him.

yeah lameries benefiting from change of manager,i have said this myself

jones the opposite. hes very gifted though so i am sure he will be vital for us at some point this season

i am not sayign mowbray was perfect. just gone on record as saying i didnt want him to go and think he would have sorted out or form soon enough. if people disagree thats fine but blimey let it go, no one will ever know if he would have or not.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

well he could. he played quite a few times for cov last season. TM brought him to club also.

weird thing to say.
I'm talking about this Season !!!
Since Mark Venus has took over Lameries and Stevenson are playing regularly we have a settled back Four ,
No
chopping and changing the team every week . so as result the team are playing better and getting results !!!

And as for your comment ( weird thing to say )

We think it's weird that you are still defending Tony Mowbray . :facepalm:

covcity4life

I'm talking about this Season !!!
Since Mark Venus has took over Lameries and Stevenson are playing regularly we have a settled back Four ,
No
chopping and changing the team every week . so as result the team are playing better and getting results !!!

And as for your comment ( weird thing to say )

We think it's weird that you are still defending Tony Mowbray . :facepalm:

i have said the same about lameries. so why are you telling me lmao

ceetee

Can't you get forward from a normal RB position then?
Yes of course you can but not all FBs do.

I was making the point that it was probably his best game going forward and that came after he said he didn't like playing as a wing back.
Just seemed strange.

covcity4life

Yes of course you can but not all FBs do.

I was making the point that it was probably his best game going forward and that came after he said he didn't like playing as a wing back.
Just seemed strange.

wingbacks alot more work. you are expected to get up and down pitch alot. its unaceetable to not help out in attacking sense

as fullback i imagine there more chances of a breather as you watch the attack from a lil further back before joining in if opportunity presents it self

Users who are viewing this thread