Walsall (1 Viewer)

16 from the bench, 14 starts, 3 goals.

You can't build up an understanding with other players, or confidence like that.

Being told by the manager that he's his first choice striker makes a big difference.

He wasn't as pacy as I expected, but he was sprinting to close defenders down to force them into mistakes, was constantly getting into space for through balls, and his first touch and link up play was excellent.

Sometimes you just have to play to player's strengths.

Only one game in, and a better team would have at least got a point against us yesterday, but I still think Jackson will get more goals than Marvin "4 goals in a freescoring Col Ewe team" Sordell.

Gaz71

He didn't help himself here by going to play a friendly in Canada after saying his priorities were with ccfc.

Joy Division

I once played a gig in Walsall when the in house sound engineer quit half way through our set. True story.

Joy Division

Wow, just how bad were you?

We were pretty terrible, though pretty young at the time. He quit because he kept asking us to turn our amps down during the gig, at the 5th rejection he walked out.

I think it was called The Wharf maybe? Right next to a canal. Don't know if its still there or not.
Fairly recent then? Yeah, it's still there. They tried to demolish it when the developed around the canal basin, but thankfully it stayed open to stave off the takeover of chain pubs (and everything else in the town centre).

Was it a Monday student night gig?

Joy Division

I honestly can't remember what night it was, it was about ten years ago now. Seemed a fairly nice place though.

Otis

I am amazed and gobsmacked Jackson has 4. Really still can't see him adding to that tally much at all.

Sordell however, appears to be trying to score wonder goals from 25 years plus.

I am amazed and gobsmacked Jackson has 4. Really still can't see him adding to that tally much at all.

Sordell however, appears to be trying to score wonder goals from 25 years plus.

I can see him getting double figures easily. He was unlucky with another chance yesterday. He's working very hard, his first touch is often great, and he's getting into space for chances.

He's not as clinical as Bradshaw but there's not much between their overall game, it's our midfield that is our problem at the moment.

He's getting a run of games. Thing is with strikers with us they never get a run of games.

That's all it is. Confidence that he knows he's the manager's first choice, a will to pay that belief in him, and an understanding that comes with playing regularly with the same players.

He's no world beater, but we've had far worse in the past.

vow

1233d0f25803b8172978ba69be0c0c16_400x400.jpeg
I was thinking Pollock.
Billy the Fish?

Users who are viewing this thread