Warning on York City (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

I live less than 15 miles from York

Any fans going be warned there fans and the club are taking this game very seriously

Due to illnesses I can't go but I can't help thinking of the cup game at Scarborough in 90's....................for those youngsterd we went to second leg 2 goals up and lost.

I was there and got months of ridicule:(

Greggs

due to illness..........hahahahahahahahaah

Grendel

is it possible to take any match in the JPT seriously?

I can't. It's zenith data reincarnated. An utter waste of time.

Nick

Administrator
I want us to win every game even if it was a friendly, we need a winning mentality!

Skybluestu82

I want us to win every game even if it was a friendly, we need a winning mentality!

Agreed!

Think a JPT cup run would be good for us as well, especially if we could get as far as the final and win it. Apart from a good day out at Wembley, it would mean we'd actually won something for the first time since '87. All be it a pony cup, wouldn't feel like that on the day!

Gray

well i'm definitely not taking it seriously till the final! after sitting through the burton match it nearly destroyed me!

Daz

I will be going with my lad & my daughters boy friend who happens to be a York City fan:jerkit::jerkit:
Lets hope we do ourselves justice & cream this lot or my life will be hell on the way back in the car:p:p

ohitsaidwalker king power

I will be going with my lad & my daughters boy friend who happens to be a York City fan:jerkit::jerkit:
Lets hope we do ourselves justice & cream this lot or my life will be hell on the way back in the car:p:p

However if we win.... can I get a promise for at least 1000 renditions of the 'Grand ol Duke of York' on the way back home...:guitar2:

Block19

The JPT is a day out at wembley and a chance for a bit of silverware and winning any trophy will be more than most clubs achieve all season. For Coventry it would be the first bit of success in 25 years, so yes we should take it fairly serious. I would love to see the sky blues walk out at the new wembley

skyblueexile

Thank you greggs

I have followed skyblues for over 55yrs

Thats funny

having Parkinsons and heart failure isnt - I would give anything to be there

Skybluestu82

I have followed skyblues for over 55yrs

Thats funny

having Parkinsons and heart failure isnt - I would give anything to be there

Thought it was slightly short sighted when I read that reply.

Poor show!! Wouldn't take it personally mate, just think some people type before they think sometimes.

skybluelee

I live less than 15 miles from York

Any fans going be warned there fans and the club are taking this game very seriously

Due to illnesses I can't go but I can't help thinking of the cup game at Scarborough in 90's....................for those youngsterd we went to second leg 2 goals up and lost.

I was there and got months of ridicule:(

They are taking the game seriously? Thanks for the warning I doubt Coventry were expecting this interesting news. :facepalm:

Daz

You better believe it especially if there are 10,000 minster men:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

skyblue025

We should take it seriously. My mate works for Carlisle and they made 1 million from their JPT run 2 years ago when they won it. I imagine 1 million would come in very handy at the minute.

Moe-Lask

I'll be there, and if we loose for those that are intrested - Its freshers week at their Uni... either way it will be a good night out!

Sawyer

I'm about to arrive in York in my Coventry top and will be spending the day here wearing it, would it be advised not to wear my colours?

skyblueexile

sawyer - violence of fans is not a problem - wear the shirt with pride

Recommend a walk round the walls --- well worth - have a pub at every gate - if interested in ghosts recommend The Golden Fleece If into history try the Castle museum

Hopefully no ghosts of Scarborough

Town centre to ground is onle 15 mins

BE WARNED CAR PARKING IN YORK IS VERY EXPENSIVE AND 24 HRS - PARK AND RIDE GOOD BUT CLOSES BEFORE END OF MATCH

aodea

I dont know why we would not be taking this seriously we are not man utd in the Leauge cup and can field a team of reserves. We should be looking at winning this game and getting the momentum going two wins and a draw followed by a cup game win would begin to scream progress for me. I would like Robins to not make too many changes but you never know as he may use this as an oppurtunity to play some lads he has yet to really assess in a match.

That and i really cant face losing to YORK.

Sawyer

sawyer - violence of fans is not a problem - wear the shirt with pride

Recommend a walk round the walls --- well worth - have a pub at every gate - if interested in ghosts recommend The Golden Fleece If into history try the Castle museum

Hopefully no ghosts of Scarborough

Town centre to ground is onle 15 mins

BE WARNED CAR PARKING IN YORK IS VERY EXPENSIVE AND 24 HRS - PARK AND RIDE GOOD BUT CLOSES BEFORE END OF MATCH

Thank you :D and I am!! I've been to York loads of times I love the place just heading to stadium now to have a look, on my twitter been taking pics all day :) #pusb

CTID

24 hours park and ride closes? Its not 24 hours then is it! :)

And i agree with most, we should definatly take this seriouly. I am hoping for a decent run in this, a trip to wembley would be amazing, i dont care what cup it is

RichieGunns

Wembley and the chance of £2 million winnings?

Of course the JPT is worth the effort!

I agree with what Aodea just said, another win after 1 win and 2 draws definately screams progress, however scrappy the performances have been so far!

PUSB SBF!!

pipkin73

And i agree with most, we should definatly take this seriouly. I am hoping for a decent run in this, a trip to wembley would be amazing, i dont care what cup it is

Think he means car parking in York is very expensive and is open 24 hrs. Also a park and ride scheme is available but will be closed by the end of the game. I would say thats why the two points were sepersted by a - symbol.

as trigger in fools and horses once said "yeah but only 24hours in the day" quality, lol

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think we should sing it at the ground but with a slight change of words.......
♪♫♫♪ The Grand old Duke of York
He had 10,000 men
And if he had the energy
He'd have them all again!♪♪♫♪♫
:whistle:

CTID

I would say thats why the two points were sepersted by a - symbol.

I would say two seperate points are seperated by the word "and" which is how i read it.

"BE WARNED CAR PARKING IN YORK IS VERY EXPENSIVE" AND "24 HRS - PARK AND RIDE GOOD BUT CLOSES BEFORE END OF MATCH"

Besides, the way i read it allowed me to make my joke so i will stick with that :)

Users who are viewing this thread