Wasps question that could affect CCFC (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Wasps are currently 4th in the Aviva Premiership Table. I know very little about Rugby but that sounds to me like they are doing well.

If as I am guessing a lot of people are not renewing their season tickets next year. Including it seems father and son combinations ( not scientific poll just picking up on the vibes from this web site)

With Wasps giving away free tickets at the same time is it possible families that may have gone to CCFC will go to wasps for free, then potentially long term it replaces CCFC.

I maybe wrong but I get the impression the bloke who goes to the footy on his own or with mates is likely to switch to CRFC. Whereas I get the impression families are getting drawn to Wasps

italiahorse

Wasps free tickets are not generally available but you may be able to get tickets via your childs school, or a mate :)
There are loads of discounts available if you look for them and a discount for Jaguar Land Rover employees, or retirees like myself.
A lot of discounts are easy to get at the moment as they don't really check.
I have noticed that they are slowly tidying up the paperwork on things like Disabled documentation and I assume employee discounts will follow.

Nick

Administrator
Putting this into the Wasps bit, that is only for Wasps stuff that affects CCFC :)

Have left a redirect from the CCFC section to it.

stupot07

Yes Don, this is a real danger and something wasps will want to exploit for their own gain.

It's one of the things I've been banging on about, and it will only become more likely as Wasps get their community programme into schools, edging out ccfc as the city's number one city, making Coventry as Cllr Lucas once said "the first Rugby City in the country". Ccfc is well down on local priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

Such a shame the Council were hypocritical and sold out to some nomadic London egg chasers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSalmon

Have thought for a while that any half decent marketing man at Wasps would have quickly identified the large amount of disaffected CCFC fans, who for whatever reason, no longer go and watch CCFC.

An easy group to encourage to a new exciting product on the basis that they have been starved of success for many years, are indifferent to the football team/club in its current form, more than likely have disposable cash that used to be spent on football and know where the stadium is.

Suspect this was a big factor in making Wasps decide to buy the Ricoh.

Woz01

Wasps can offer huge discounts on season tickets as they get revenues from other areas too. That would appeal to anyone wanting to watch sport in general. 11 home games in the league and at the minute the cheapest seat is 15 quid so the could easily charge less than 150 quid for a season ticket. Not sure if cup games are included in the season ticket packages though.

stupot07

I'd be very surprised if they offered ST's for £150 next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Have thought for a while that any half decent marketing man at Wasps would have quickly identified the large amount of disaffected CCFC fans, who for whatever reason, no longer go and watch CCFC.

An easy group to encourage to a new exciting product on the basis that they have been starved of success for many years, are indifferent to the football team/club in its current form, more than likely have disposable cash that used to be spent on football and know where the stadium is.

Suspect this was a big factor in making Wasps decide to buy the Ricoh.

Ergo - it's not really in wasps interests for us to be successful, it suits them to be the premier sports team in the city.

Nick

Administrator
Weren't people saying this when they came in?

Also if Coventry RFC started losing a lot and hadn't just had that massive winning streak, wouldn't they potentially lose fans too?

Nick

Administrator
Wasps can offer huge discounts on season tickets as they get revenues from other areas too.

That's the thing, people expect CCFC to be able to do the same. Wasps can pretty much say come in for free but buy loads of food and beer and come into this Exhibition Hall. CCFC can't can they, when their money maker is the ticket.

I'd love nothing more than for CCFC to be dirt cheap / free and have a full house every week.

stupot07

Also if Coventry RFC started losing a lot and hadn't just had that massive winning streak, wouldn't they potentially lose fans too?

Yeah, I've always said its the medium to long term impact on us and CRFC that was my major concern, and the impact on generating new fans, keeping fans, floating fans, etc.

Woz01

Ccfc could also sell season tickets cheaper as they have a 32,000 seater stadium to play in. Bradford did similar and got 10,000+ season ticket holders in League 2

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If it's only League games then that's only 11 games, game by game ratio it's similar to CCFC.

The other thing is beer, Wasps can sell beer and make money from it all through each of their games.

Now I am not saying it will be making millions and millions or a deal stopper, but there are things like that.

stupot07

If it's only League games then that's only 11 games, game by game ratio it's similar to CCFC.

That's true, but they have a wage bill x2 the size of ours and have less than half the amount of league games to generate money. (Yes they also have cups like us on top)

Edit: tigers is over 17 games
http://www.leicestertigers.com/tickets/season/prices.php
http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/Portals/0/ST1516-BookingForm-A5_AA_web.pdf

Last edited:

italiahorse

That's the thing, people expect CCFC to be able to do the same. Wasps can pretty much say come in for free but buy loads of food and beer and come into this Exhibition Hall. CCFC can't can they, when their money maker is the ticket.

I'd love nothing more than for CCFC to be dirt cheap / free and have a full house every week.

Nobody knows what percentage of F&B, car parking etc we get at the moment. We do get some according to TF.
We will never get the required increase on these whilst Sisu are fighting battles against CCC and indirectly against ACL and Wasps.
As I have said many times Wasps could afford to give us a good percentage of these incomes and still be better off than if we moved elsewhere.
The question is getting the balance right and whether they will be enough to satisfy our income needs for a push up the leagues.
I do know though, that if you don't ask for them, you won't get them.

italiahorse

That's true, but they have a wage bill x2 the size of ours and have less than half the amount of league games to generate money. (Yes they also have cups like us on top)

Edit: tigers is over 17 games
http://www.leicestertigers.com/tickets/season/prices.php
http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/Portals/0/ST1516-BookingForm-A5_AA_web.pdf

They are always on TV so there is a good income from there as well.
On a side note, I guess a lot of existing fans can watch their team live most games without actually leaving London.

Grendel

Nobody knows what percentage of F&B, car parking etc we get at the moment. We do get some according to TF.
We will never get the required increase on these whilst Sisu are fighting battles against CCC and indirectly against ACL and Wasps.
As I have said many times Wasps could afford to give us a good percentage of these incomes and still be better off than if we moved elsewhere.
The question is getting the balance right and whether they will be enough to satisfy our income needs for a push up the leagues.

How do you know they haven't asked - the answer will be no anyway.

dongonzalos

They are facing the challenge head on by doing the business on the pitch

italiahorse

How do you know they haven't asked - the answer will be no anyway.

I have spoken to their COO and he has said that they are receptive to our needs.
He is dealing directly with the club and at the time had not spoken with Sisu on anything.

If I was Sisu I would ask for what they need and advise us of the answer.
We could argue on the facts and perhaps take a different stance.
I suspect Sisu would be hypocrites to ask for the incomes whilst they are battling CCC with the hope of getting compensation from CCC and eventually ACL.

Grendel

I have spoken to their COO and he has said that they are receptive to our needs.
He is dealing directly with the club and at the time had not spoken with Sisu on anything.

If I was Sisu I would ask for what they need and advise us of the answer.
We could argue on the facts and perhaps take a different stance.
I suspect Sisu would be hypocrites to ask for the incomes whilst they are battling CCC with the hope of getting compensation from CCC and eventually ACL.

Is that the same CEO who assured fans they would stay on the London area and also stated that the net worth of the company was negative £1 million when it was megatine over £13 million?

stupot07

they wont be able to give us anywhere near enough to help us push up the leagues.

and as far as im aware we dont get any car parking only a small portion of F&B sales - OSB did some estimates which suggested we no get significantly less than the previous deal.

italiahorse

They are facing the challenge head on by doing the business on the pitch

.... and it would be great to get promoted and set up some sort of player exchange with Wasps.
There appears to be quality players in depth at Wasps that only get a run out at games like Cardiff the other week.

Grendel

.... and it would be great to get promoted and set up some sort of player exchange with Wasps.
There appears to be quality players in depth at Wasps that only get a run out at games like Cardiff the other week.

Did your new friend Nicky tell you that?

stupot07

....so in effect CRFC become Wasps reserves....

Grendel

Never spoke to him, just the COO Jeremy Wilton.
Never asked him that question. I only asked what they were doing to help our plight and what incomes were available.

Ah you asked someone who reports into Nicky.

stupot07

Never spoke to him, just the COO Jeremy Wilton.
Never asked him that question. I only asked what they were doing to help our plight and what incomes were available.

he's hardly going to tell you as a prospective wasps customer and ccfc fan that they can offer us bugger all....

stupot07

in reality CRFC are already the reserve and feeder team for several clubs, much the same as CCFC with all our loanees and any talent being sold on

not really the same is it? we dont just loan players from predominantly 1 club and sell our players to predominantly that club. you could argue then that every club outside the top flight are reserve/feeder clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread