Wasps question that could affect CCFC (1 Viewer)

albatross

not really the same is it? we dont just loan players from predominantly 1 club and sell our players to predominantly that club. you could argue then that every club outside the top flight are reserve/feeder clubs.

The game is changing and unfortunately the haves will get richer and the have nots will really struggle. Does it really matter if you only deal with one club or many ? the effect is the same. Giving another teams players time on the pitch and developing them. If you are lucky enough to get a talent they will be sold on often when they are still just a prospect , then loaned out to be developed.

italiahorse

What did he say?

he's hardly going to tell you as a prospective wasps customer and ccfc fan that they can offer us bugger all....

He said they were quite receptive to our needs and that they were working closely with CCFC management but at the time were not dealing directly with SISU.
The new pitch was driven by CCFC conversations and implied that they wanted a close working relationship.

Personally I would think that this is the time to get the deal as Wasps must feel uncertain of the future.
It's not going to happen while they blag about a new stadium and continue the JR appeals into Europe !

stupot07

Do you agree that Wasps are better off having us there than leaving?

Not if they give us the majority of match day revenue, nothing that they couldn't generate elsewhere. A league one club with 6-7k fans, dropping to 4-5k next season is hardly a cashcow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

stupot07

The game is changing and unfortunately the haves will get richer and the have nots will really struggle. Does it really matter if you only deal with one club or many ? the effect is the same. Giving another teams players time on the pitch and developing them. If you are lucky enough to get a talent they will be sold on often when they are still just a prospect , then loaned out to be developed.

Of course it matters if it's one club or many. That's the reason the FL have written a law to prevent clubs from taking too many loans from 1 club. As soon as you take almost exclusively from one club, that completely dilutes your own brand.

How do you think our fans if say we only dealt with Leicester or villa? Uproar that's what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

He said they were quite receptive to our needs and that they were working closely with CCFC management but at the time were not dealing directly with SISU.
The new pitch was driven by CCFC conversations and implied that they wanted a close working relationship.

Personally I would think that this is the time to get the deal as Wasps must feel uncertain of the future.
It's not going to happen while they blag about a new stadium and continue the JR appeals into Europe !

Sounds lien politicking to me. I wouldn't trust wasps anymore than I trust sisu.

And wasps wanted the new pitch so it looked good on TV.

italiahorse

Not if they give us the majority of match day revenue no.

So if Wasps take £20,000 on the bars/food outlets/carpark etc on the day of which £10,000 is profit.
Assuming the rent pays for all the incremental costs of staging the match.
In theory they could give CCFC that £10,000 and be no worse off.

The above fails if Wasps believe, like most of us, that a new stadium is not achievable.
In that case Wasps need do nothing and just pocket all the incomes.
However, if as a result, CCFC fold (which is a possibility) Wasps would be worse off.
It is therefore in their interests to help CCFC.

italiahorse

Sounds lien politicking to me. I wouldn't trust wasps anymore than I trust sisu.

And wasps wanted the new pitch so it looked good on TV.

Sounds like the sort of thing Sisu would say.

stupot07

So if Wasps take £20,000 on the bars/food outlets/carpark etc on the day of which £10,000 is profit.
Assuming the rent pays for all the incremental costs of staging the match.
In theory they could give CCFC that £10,000 and be no worse off.

The above fails if Wasps believe, like most of us, that a new stadium is not achievable.
In that case Wasps need do nothing and just pocket all the incomes.
However, if as a result, CCFC fold (which is a possibility) Wasps would be worse off.
It is therefore in their interests to help CCFC.

Wasps know full well the new stadium is not achievable, they have been through and failed that process. Therefore the above fails.

And as wasps haven't built us into their business plan they will be no worse off without us. Again, it's not in their interests to hand over money to us, they have £1.9m per annum loan to pay off and £3m overspend to fund.

Wasps are in no better position than the old owners of ACL at giving us access to revenues.

stupot07

Sounds like the sort of thing Sisu would say.

And what the wasps coo said to you sounds like the sort of thing sisu would say. (I.e. Telling people what they want to hear - "we are debt free")

italiahorse

Wasps know full well the new stadium is not achievable, they have been through and failed that process. Therefore the above fails.

And as wasps haven't built us into their business plan they will be no worse off without us. Again, it's not in their interests to hand over money to us, they have £1.9m per annum loan to pay off and £3m overspend to fund.

Wasps are in no better position than the old owners of ACL at giving us access to revenues.

Nothing positive then? We might as well give up and let Wasps get on with it.
Good job I like Rugby.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasps are currently 4th in the Aviva Premiership Table. I know very little about Rugby but that sounds to me like they are doing well.

If as I am guessing a lot of people are not renewing their season tickets next year. Including it seems father and son combinations ( not scientific poll just picking up on the vibes from this web site)

With Wasps giving away free tickets at the same time is it possible families that may have gone to CCFC will go to wasps for free, then potentially long term it replaces CCFC.

I maybe wrong but I get the impression the bloke who goes to the footy on his own or with mates is likely to switch to CRFC. Whereas I get the impression families are getting drawn to Wasps

People raised that issue from day 1, after 4 months it seems to have finally dawned on you.

dongonzalos

People raised that issue from day 1, after 4 months it seems to have finally dawned on you.

Nope
Understanding why the council did what they did. Is not as some fail to understand the same as not realising the impact on CCFC. The council would be absolute idiots not to accept the wasps offer.

Our owners are the biggest fools for creating the situation that allowed wasps to come in.

Now the product in the pitch is that poor they are also making Wasps sustainable.

After 7 years the reality of the situation still has not dawned on you.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nope
Understanding why the council did what they did. Is not as some fail to understand the same as not realising the impact on CCFC. The council would be absolute idiots not to accept the wasps offer.

Our owners are the biggest fools for creating the situation that allowed wasps to come in.

Now the product in the pitch is that poor they are also making Wasps sustainable.

After 7 years the reality of the situation still has not dawned on you.
No mate, the reality dawned on me long ago. I've said since the start the owners are to blame, Wasps are just opportunists who gained from our own failures. It was people like yourself who failed to see the long term implications of the Wasps move and only now are you starting to realise.

Anyway what have SISU got to do with the points being made about Wasps? Turning into an anti/pro SISU thing is just deflecting the point.

Last edited:

Otis

With Wasps giving away free tickets at the same time is it possible families that may have gone to CCFC will go to wasps for free, then potentially long term it replaces CCFC.

Err, no. On the whole, football fans are football fans and rugby fans are rugby fans.

Surely the way to go anyway if anyone gave up on the City, would be to go up and watch Cov, not switch to Wasps. I don't subscribe to this family notion I'm afraid.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just to add to this thread, sitting at the Ricoh today an saw a little kid drawing/colouring a Wasps badge a few rows in front of me in a book.

stupot07

Quite funny seeing some CCFC fans on Twitter jump to wasps defence, every time someone criticises the pitch.

I think some hearts and minds have already been won.....

SkyBlue_Bear83

Quite funny seeing some CCFC fans on Twitter jump to wasps defence, every time someone criticises the pitch.

I think some hearts and minds have already been won.....

Was quite funny also seeing the Port Vale fans waving the Wasps flag at us the other week, an attempt to wind us up. Clearly Port Vale fans think we should have animosity/ill feeling towards Wasps, presumably because that is what they would feel if the same had happened to them. But most of the Coventry fans instead of being wound up were just thinking where can I get a flag like that.

Users who are viewing this thread