Wasps "very confident" in Ricoh Arena business (1 Viewer)

wingy

Hahaha Steven Hawking, thanks for that bro,it's made my Friday

Friday the 13th. Associated with horror stories
In previous times I've had Tom Sellick Mark Lawrenson and George Harrison
Anyway I look fook all like him when I've got the contacts In but I have his brains bro
Something you must live with haha;-)

Grendel

Grendel

That's a short comment. Nothing relevant to say in reply?

What's relevant about it? It was on every year when the council owned ACl wasn't it?

I just wonder what possible motivation Council Jack has for bumping that thread along.

martcov

What's relevant about it? It was on every year when the council owned ACl wasn't it?

I just wonder what possible motivation Council Jack has for bumping that thread along.

maybe be he is showing that having a long term lease is at least as good as owning the stadium outright as you get income from 30000 plus events either way. Still I can't speak for him. I would like to see Wasps accounts for the first year at the Ricoh when they come out, but that won't be til next year. It would be interesting to know how much revenue a stadium can bring in - this is relevant to our own predicament and any investors that may finance the stadium ( which won't be built IMHO ). It may decide one way or another if a new stadium is feasible or not.

Thenose

Another 30,000 crowd http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/watch-insomnia-54-returns-ricoh-8978510

A little research shows attendees pay £20 for 1 day, up to £97 to 'bring their own computer'.. and its sold out http://insomniagamingfestival.com/tickets/

That sure is a lot of pocket money!

all the ticket income will go to the event organiser which is some company based in Southampton. ACL get a rent for the tenancy of the hall, exhibitor services such as electric, data etc and F&B

J

Jack Griffin

maybe be he is showing that having a long term lease is at least as good as owning the stadium outright as you get income from 30000 plus events either way. Still I can't speak for him. I would like to see Wasps accounts for the first year at the Ricoh when they come out, but that won't be til next year. It would be interesting to know how much revenue a stadium can bring in - this is relevant to our own predicament and any investors that may finance the stadium ( which won't be built IMHO ). It may decide one way or another if a new stadium is feasible or not.

Just pointing out missed opportunities. I'm guessing an event like this is equivalent to half a dozen CCFC matches for the Arena just on F&B/parking/leasing camping space alone, thousands of hungry teens will munch a lot of junk food. And Mart don't listen to Grendels ridiculous assertions about my motivations, he is just making it up & knows feck all, ask instead what his motivation is in attacking anyone who posts anything that shows up how bad SISU are at running the club.

stupot07

Just pointing out missed opportunities. I'm guessing an event like this is equivalent to half a dozen CCFC matches for the Arena just on F&B/parking/leasing camping space alone, thousands of hungry teens will munch a lot of junk food. And Mart don't listen to Grendels ridiculous assertions about my motivations, he is just making it up & knows feck all, ask instead what his motivation is in attacking anyone who posts anything that shows up how bad SISU are at running the club.

I doubt ACL get that much after compass have taken their cut. They didn't seem to make much profit from 40k attending concerts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

martcov

I doubt ACL get that much after compass have taken their cut. They didn't seem to make much profit from 40k attending concerts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Are you saying that the 365 revenues won't be all that much because caterers and guest organisers take their cut first? Would be interesting to know how much the stadium generates in order to calculate how long a new stadium for us would take to pay for itself.

Grendel

Oh look all the council loving, wasps hugging posters on one thread.

A flock of seagulls, a troop of baboons, a cloud of bats.

What is the term for a collection of franchise loving council worshipers.

Anyone?

stupot07

Are you saying that the 365 revenues won't be all that much because caterers and guest organisers take their cut first? Would be interesting to know how much the stadium generates in order to calculate how long a new stadium for us would take to pay for itself.

I can only base it on the limited profits in ACL and IEC's accounts.

Do you believe that there's only 10% profit to be be made on F&B's? My guess is that as part of their contract Compass make a certain % and the rest then goes to IEC & ACL. If there was no/little profit in it for a massive company like Compass, why would they even be involved?

Moff

Just pointing out missed opportunities. I'm guessing an event like this is equivalent to half a dozen CCFC matches for the Arena just on F&B/parking/leasing camping space alone, thousands of hungry teens will munch a lot of junk food.

Whilst I can understand the ideal of promoting the premise of missed opportunities, this has been done to death.
Are you really going to bump the same thread every few weeks when they get an event that has a good turn out?
We know SISU are shit but the complete joy that comes accross in such posts promoting how 'great' Wasps are, when in fact they are just carrying on what ACL did, is nothing but tedious and just a little nauseus.

martcov

Whilst I can understand the ideal of promoting the premise of missed opportunities, this has been done to death.
Are you really going to bump the same thread every few weeks when they get an event that has a good turn out?
We know SISU are shit but the complete joy that comes accross in such posts promoting how 'great' Wasps are, when in fact they are just carrying on what ACL did, is nothing but tedious and just a little nauseus.

I think you missed my point. It is interesting to see how much revenue a stadium in Coventry generates. The rhetoric for building a new stadium is that we need 365 days a year revenue to fund the club. We also need to pay a rent to the investors for building the stadium. The question is whether these events generate enough revenue to reward the investors and fund the club? If Wasps - ACL are making a fortune from events, then it would justify a stadium build, if not, then we should rethink the new stadium investment and go for some sort of deal with Wasps.

martcov

I can only base it on the limited profits in ACL and IEC's accounts.

Do you believe that there's only 10% profit to be be made on F&B's? My guess is that as part of their contract Compass make a certain % and the rest then goes to IEC & ACL. If there was no/little profit in it for a massive company like Compass, why would they even be involved?

Exactly. They bought in for millions and want a return on investment. The new CCFC stadium would generate more revenue, but how much? Outside event organisers and caterers will take their whack. So.... the percentage they take would reduce the 365 days revenue which is always being mentioned as the reason for a new build. My interest in watching what Wasps are bringing in, is because any new CCFC stadium would have to pull in enough revenue to fund the team and reward the investors. If Wasps only get a small percentage of revenue, why should a new CCFC stadium fare better? Caterers want a reward as well ( I am one and I know what work and stress I have ).

Moff

I think you missed my point. It is interesting to see how much revenue a stadium in Coventry generates. The rhetoric for building a new stadium is that we need 365 days a year revenue to fund the club. We also need to pay a rent to the investors for building the stadium. The question is whether these events generate enough revenue to reward the investors and fund the club? If Wasps - ACL are making a fortune from events, then it would justify a stadium build, if not, then we should rethink the new stadium investment and go for some sort of deal with Wasps.

Thanks for the clarification Mart, although in the first instance I wasnt really reflecting on your post, just included it as it was jack had responded to....hope that makes sense.

I guess I was really aiming the response to jack as he seems to enjoy promoting Wasps success or alleged success, which is just a bit tedious as proof will be in the accounts over the next couple of years, something you validly raised in another post, not in the amount of people who attend a gaming exhibition.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the contracts that ACL already had with compass and other things was one of the sticking points in negotiations before, I remember someone from the club saying something like if you have a great idea to make money, why would you buy a shop where someone else has the lease for the next 50 years to operate/sell stuff or something along those lines.

martcov

Point being that, unless you are the catering company or the main event organiser, you are going to have to subcontract. The subcontractor will want his whack as well. This has an effect on the revenues.

Users who are viewing this thread