We are going down!!!!! (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

I'm scared.
You can't say 'we should be beating teams like Barnsley' because their a good side.

Peterborough
Millwall
Bristol City
Doncaster

I think we fit in between Bristol and Millwall.:mad:

Sub

so just out of intrest where has all the money gone from the players wages that have left? and why hasnt this been used for loans players ? and whos fault is it the fans were told the player budget was the same as last year ?

torchomatic

I blame SISU.

LastGarrison

An inexperienced manager, an inexperienced team and our "senior" players just aren't good enough.

Relegation material without a shadow of a doubt.

The only plus side is that my mate had £200 on us to go down at 5/2 at the start of the season so I might get a drink out of it.

sky_blue_up_north

Last time we had such a poor away record we got relegated.... say no more

Nonleagueherewecome

How the fuck is Barnsley deserving to win down to Sisu? You are talking absute fuckin bollocks mate. The players are good enough in my opinion to finish midtable in this league. We are minus Westwood, but everyone is saying Murphy is better! Minus Gunnar who everyone said was shite anyway! So what we haven't replaced is a goal scorer, but he aint exactly setting the world alight down the road is he? We aren't fuckin performing, the diamond ain't fuckin working! That's not down to Sisu!

The players are not good enough. Why do Man City beat teams? Is it because of a purity that lies deep within their soul, making them "better" than other teams? No, it's because of investment in good footballers.

Us? Good manager + Bad Results = inadequate squad therefore owners fault.

If you wanted a man to build something for you, would you start by taking his tools off him, then giving him a toothpick as a replacement for them?

" but everyone is saying Murphy is better than Westwood"-are they arse, mate. I'd say maybe 0.1% of our fans may think that, and maybe his mum (his dad understands football and rates Westey higher, natch). The majority think Murphy is an average Championship keeper; many more think he is utter shite, including myself and all 3 of my brothers. WHO CONCEDED MOST GOALS IN OUR DIVISION LAST SEASON?!?

You know most fans don't agree with you, so why be so inflammatory?

Last edited:

skybluesteve76

The players are not good enough. Why do Man City beat teams? Is it because of a purity that lies deep within their soul, making them "better" than oither teams? No, it's becasue of investment in good footballers.

Us? Good manager + Bad Results = inadequate squad therefore owners fault.

If you wanted a man to build something for you, would you start by taking his tools off him, then giving him a toothpick as a replacement for them?

but everyone is saying Murphy is better than Westwood"-are they arse, mate. I'd say maybe 0.1% of our fans may think that, and maybe his mum (his dad understands football anbd rates Westey higher, natch). The majority think Murphy is an average Championship keeper; many more think he is utter shite, including myself and all 3 of my brothers. WHO CONCEDED MOST GOALS IN OUR DIVISION LAST SEASON?!?

You know most fans don't agree with you, so why be so inflammatory?

Mate. Every time I've posted on here about how shite Murphy is I've been slated! It's weird because people slate majority of players on here and then in the next breath it's sisus fault! Fickle as fuck!

Nonleagueherewecome

I stick up for players as long as they try, but if they aren't good enough, I blame the owners.

Never rated Murphy though.

skybluesteve76

There are also alot of fans and people on here who think the current squad are punching way below their weight.
In my opinion the current squad are not a bottom three side.
I'm not trying to wind anyone up, I just think it's all too easy for everyone to hide behind Sisu and not perform or not go watch the team.
Ask Thorn if he thinks we are a bottom three side....he'll tell you to piss off no doubt!
All I'm trying to say is we are not currently playing to the current squads full potential.
Sisu or not, I think we should be doing a bit better.

Nonleagueherewecome

Its not sisus fault that the players are shite,its sisus fault that they are the best weve got.

The best we've got aren't good enough..I don't think they're shite, just that as a squad we lack experience, quality and depth. More so then most in our division, which is why I think it's a relegation dogfight between us and half-a-dozen others at the most.

They said on TFLS last night that Charlton-Sheff U was a Premiership fixture 3 seasons ago. You look at Sheff W, Preston, Plymouth etc and ponder "well how the hell have we stayed up as long as we have?" Those clubs weren't too big to go down, and of course neither are we. Based on budget, I fear that we are facing a very tough task on an un-level playing field. Who do I blame for that, the manager? No chance.

valiant15

Maybe i was a little harsh,i think weve got some promising players in the squad.If the 3 amigos were still at he club(westy,gunnar,king),i dont think this thread would even exist.

Nonleagueherewecome

The irony being that we have the best manager in years in terms of identifying talents-particularly young and unheralded ones-and a manager is often judged on how effective he is at going out and signing players.

Not much chance of him showing how good he is at that with a budget of "sell every window and here's 50p".

valiant15

Can you imagine if sisu ever owned the ricoh.Even if they sold the club,that new owner would never get the ground.We would be renting the fucker off them for ever.

Astute

The irony being that we have the best manager in years in terms of identifying talents-particularly young and unheralded ones-and a manager is often judged on how effective he is at going out and signing players.

Not much chance of him showing how good he is at that with a budget of "sell every window and here's 50p".

Not even sure if he hAS been given as much as 50p though :whistle:

The Reverend Skyblue

Thorny needs to show the balls and get a settled side that plays together regularly.He's tinkering for tinkerings sake,he needs to use his managerial skills and go and put his arm around all the youngsters and tell how good they are, tell them how good they could be, tell them that he can see them playing in the Prem, tell them he thinks they are the fucking best thing since sliced bread, and that for the next 3 games barring injuries he gone to play them what ever happens.
All of us have been 18,19,20 and we all thought we were the best dancers, best dressed, the best in bed , the best laugh, the best looking, and we walked around like we owned the place.Put this arrogant beefed up teenager on a football pitch after drilling that in all week, and watch him go, he'll run through brick walls for you.I played football under such a manager and he made me feel like Maradona before every match, even though i played more like Madonna, and Thorny should do this to the young lads, make them feel special ,and as importantly, show you believe in them. I know we are in a mess but handled rightly we can get out of this, i'd much prefer to have this young side than a load of fat 30 year old has beens on fat contracts who show no interest at all in the club.I feel these all these young lads care about the club, but Thorny has to trust them.
My one gripe with Thorny is why is'nt he playing Cody every match from the start, again it shows he does'nt believe in him and it will wreck his confidence,I think he said he's not match fit but come on how's he going to get match fit if you don't play him.
SISU have dumped on us big time and i hate them with every bone in my body, but we have nothing else to do but work with the lads we have and try and move up this league together, this team, our team needs us now more than ever.

The Rev

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Cody is AT's mail-order bride; looked mint on the video, but turns out to be fat and not at all what you were hoping for or paid your money for.

Man, I am getting misogynistic and sordid, aren't I?

EDIT: unless he was like valiant, in which case it's exactly what he wanted in the girth department..but we know from AT's views on Freddy, he does not dig fat chicks...

Last edited:

Paxman II

Nonleagueherewecome: You are a hard man to please!?
You very name gives away your attitude. It's all a matter of opinion though - right?

You are adamant the players are not good enough, SISU are to blame and your analogies are extreme. (the builder?)

It was when we had the '3 amigos' we had a terrible slump to near relegation before Thorn took control. Juke was exceptional then and King went missing....admitted by Thorn.

No these players are good enough for this league and it is up to the manager and coaching staff to get the best out of them every game.
That has nothing to do with SISU.

We have had some unfortunate results where we looked liked guaranteeing more points but I won't accept that as mitigation from Thorn. The fact is to win you must create and then score goals. So far we have netted just 7. That is why we bought Cody McDonald. Thorn has taken a big risk in side lining him (both in confidence to the player and the rest of the teams by not playing the new striker we bought for the job!) His omission from the side I can not understand.
I would also look closely at the methods of Mr Harrison.
Forget history. Barnsley have not been so bad this season. They were there for the taking but we failed to grasp the metal just as we failed to do at Ipswich.
Results have to pick up but protest against SISU will only impact negatively on the whole club and team at this time.

I'm hoping for better to come and signs of that potential being reached soon.
Oh and there are worse teams in this division.

Mr T - Sukka!

Its not SISU's fault, Its not Thorns fault. Its the strikers fault they are not scoring or doing the job they are paid to do in the Championship!

Lukas Jutkiewicz - 4 goals.

Clive Platt - NO GOALS.

Roy O'Donovan - NO GOALS.

Freddie Eastwood - NO GOALS.

Cody McDonald - NO GOALS.

Why cant people see the problem is up front?

TommyAtkins

Nonleagueherewecome: You are a hard man to please!?
You very name gives away your attitude. It's all a matter of opinion though - right?

You are adamant the players are not good enough, SISU are to blame and your analogies are extreme. (the builder?)

It was when we had the '3 amigos' we had a terrible slump to near relegation before Thorn took control. Juke was exceptional then and King went missing....admitted by Thorn.

No these players are good enough for this league and it is up to the manager and coaching staff to get the best out of them every game.
That has nothing to do with SISU.

We have had some unfortunate results where we looked liked guaranteeing more points but I won't accept that as mitigation from Thorn. The fact is to win you must create and then score goals. So far we have netted just 7. That is why we bought Cody McDonald. Thorn has taken a big risk in side lining him (both in confidence to the player and the rest of the teams by not playing the new striker we bought for the job!) His omission from the side I can not understand.
I would also look closely at the methods of Mr Harrison.
Forget history. Barnsley have not been so bad this season. They were there for the taking but we failed to grasp the metal just as we failed to do at Ipswich.
Results have to pick up but protest against SISU will only impact negatively on the whole club and team at this time.

I'm hoping for better to come and signs of that potential being reached soon.
Oh and there are worse teams in this division.

Good post, Paxman - some very valid points.

Personally, I think you are being over optimistic though

Paxman II

Paxman,you are a twat arent you. Either that or your blind.

Is that a question you expect me to answer? Well last time I checked I'm neither blind or have a woman's anatomy.

We are all entitled to an opinion. I think one of the problems valiant15 is that you and many on here have a greater sense of 'entitlement'.
Unless we are successful in some form it's not good enough. How would you measure success for CCFC?

Disorganised1

This season, success is security Next season we'll need to keep our best players, dump our dross and invest in our youth, and pray.

Users who are viewing this thread