We have all witnessed Thorn's (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

After match press conferences. Could he motivate you? becuse he could not me. Now, I'm not saying that a change of manager is the answer to our problems but simply that he is not the man to get us out of this mess.

Otis

To be fair to him though, being a good or not so good orator doesn't always point to a man whon doesn't know what he's doing on the training ground or in terms of tactics and motivation.

He does seem to think we play well when we don't though.

Tonylinc

So he turns from being almost boring in the after match interview to being utterly INSPIRING in the dressing room? I don't think so.

Brighton Sky Blue

Quote Harry 'Literacy skills of a 5 year old' Redknapp. I imagine Thorn has far more free reign to say what he wants behind closed doors than on CWR or at press conferences.

Tonylinc

Quote Harry 'Literacy skills of a 5 year old' Redknapp. I imagine Thorn has far more free reign to say what he wants behind closed doors than on CWR or at press conferences.
It's all very well shouting and throwing stuff at them after the game; it is what he says and the way in which he says it before the game that concerns me.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I have not heard or seen an AT interview that has given me any great confidence or inspired me.

That said he might be able to get his message across in the changing room I wouldnt know. But the lack of passion in the way the team plays and expresses itself would make me think it isnt so.

just my opinion

rob9872

Part of the problem may be that many of you passing judgement appear reasonably well educated. Thorn is talking to a group of footballers many of whom are also quite young. I'm sure the messages we all think they should be getting are far from what is actually being conveyed, but if it was that easy then those of us who think we know better would be managers and coaches. If the players say he's ok and respond to him, then we have no reason to disbelieve

rob9872

Speak for yourself!

canleykid

I think the players like thorn cos he don't bollock them and they know they can play shit and he will say different It's clear they like him but I don't they respect him

Donnie Brasco

Personally I think Thorn probably motivates people in a similar way to one of his former team mates...... Vinnie Jones. I bet he grabs those kids by the bollocks and uses language your parents wouldn't /shouldn't approve of.

covcity4life

fact is a player cpuld score 3 own goals by purpose and thorn would still say"he gave me everything tout there today"

he needs to learn to get angry

Users who are viewing this thread