We should not let this go, the game is corrupt to the core (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

No conspiracy thinking here from us S B, it was just an innocent 'what if' question.
but just like with the goalkeeper timewasting - they never get sent off for 2 dissent type incidents - otherwise he would have been sent off straight after the yellow in the 1st half, when he proceeded to waste time - all keepers take it to the limit knowing they will be ok (even ours)

Sky Blue Pete

Mrs BB posed a question earlier and I have absolutely no idea what the correct answer is, here goes....

If Onana had been given a 2nd yellow card during the penalty shoot out and subsequently been sent off could a substitute goalkeeper be brought on?

I kind of think not but hey I don't know.

Anyone know?
Pretty sure yes but would need to check laws

Robinshio

also as regards the offside- Without VAR any linesman with a perfect view would not give it offside . 98% of Wrights body was behind Wan Bissaka - and just a toe pointing out as he was leaning backwards with Wan bissaka running forwards - Looking along the line the linesman would in fact see wrights body behind wan bissaka . This is where VAR is in fact changing the rules or at least the spirit of the rules

Sky Blue Pete

Pretty sure yes but would need to check laws
I was wrong
Probably why he wouldn’t have recorded two yellows

Pete Griffiths A goalkeeper may be cautioned or sent off during penalties (penalty shoot-out). If the goalkeeper receives a red card:
➡ one of their team-mates, who is on the field of play and eligible to take kicks, must become the goalkeeper (the team cannot make a substitution and replace the sent-off goalkeeper or any other player with a substitute goalkeeper)
➡ the opposing team must withdraw one player (to equalise the number of players) and inform the referee which player is being removed

Find out more:
bit.ly/Law10Penalties
bit.ly/Referee_Powers

Download the Laws of the Game app:
bit.ly/LawsAppAndroid
bit.ly/LawsApp_iOS

messiahrobins

So. Next time we get to Wembley and it goes to pens here’s the plan:

- train 5 players to be outstanding pen takers
- everyone else gets sent off immediately
Win the coin toss!! Teams always win pen shootouts in front of their own fans Man City apart as their fans are so thick they put their own players off !

Robinshio

Win the coin toss!! Teams always win pen shootouts in front of their own fans Man City apart as their fans are so thick they put their own players off !
the team who go 1st win 60.5% . I would imagine shooting in front of your own fans is at least 60% also
so to go 2nd in front of opposition fans would be only around a 16% chance of winning

The 4 major penalty shoot outs i can remember - we always went 2nd in front of the opposition supporters (losing the toss 8 times or odds of 255/1)

Sheffield United/ Birmingham / Luton/ Man u

skybluelee

the team who go 1st win 60.5% . I would imagine shooting in front of your own fans is at least 60% also
so to go 2nd in front of opposition fans would be only around a 16% chance of winning

The 4 major penalty shoot outs i can remember - we always went 2nd in front of the opposition supporters (losing the toss 8 times or odds of 255/1)

Such a simple situation to overcome, achieved by limiting it to one toss. It's infuriating!

messiahrobins

Id actually have the penalties at both ends, each side takes their 5 in front of their own fans and i likes the tennis tie break experiment they tried, i.e one team starts, the next has 2, then the next as 2.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Id actually have the penalties at both ends, each side takes their 5 in front of their own fans and i likes the tennis tie break experiment they tried, i.e one team starts, the next has 2, then the next as 2.
At Wembley fine. Otherwise every ground would just ensure they had their own fans behind both goals.

messiahrobins

At Wembley fine. Otherwise every ground would just ensure they had their own fans behind both goals.
Would they? Just for one match? Also why are FA Cup semi finals and penalties? Every other round beforehand has replays, so that in of itself is utter bollocks. Had not paid much attention to VAR and later rounds of FA cup as i never thought it would all be relevant to us, but f@ck me, the game is in a bit of a mess to be fair!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We lost to Forest Green aswell… only pen wins I can remember were Sheff Utd, Burton, Swansea in the checkatrade and I think we beat Colchester in the FA Cup under Black

EDIT: we beat forest green - we lost to Yeovil.

here’s our record in the 2000s

Users who are viewing this thread