well, its made the news here now (1 Viewer)

MBrown

agreed

to call him a "footballer" is stretching it

As a Dubliner, born to British Parents and raised in Ireland during the troubles I feel the need to comment. Gary Deegan is too young to understand what went on in the seventies. I hear people use that phrase all the time. Wrong yes, do i understand? Yes...........This comment does not mean he is a supporter. It is used by the younger generation without them really knowing the true meaning............ Deegan fall into this, just a kid who put his foot in his mouth before engaging his brian!

SkyBlueMania

As a Dubliner, born to British Parents and raised in Ireland during the troubles I feel the need to comment. Gary Deegan is too young to understand what went on in the seventies. I hear people use that phrase all the time. Wrong yes, do i understand? Yes...........This comment does not mean he is a supporter. It is used by the younger generation without them really knowing the true meaning............ Deegan fall into this, just a kid who put his foot in his mouth before engaging his brian!

Well summed up Brown, It seems he's said it to McPake as a bit of, what i'm assuming is, an in joke with McPake. Nothing malicious between them from what I can see, must be a long running joke. I doubt he meant anything malicious by it.

Users who are viewing this thread