Wembley and the London Marathon (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

What wave are you? 10AM would be absolutely ideal. I’m going to try and persuade the organisers to let me change when I collect my number tomorrow.

I remember the finishers area being an absolute ballache last time, but it’s a blur, so it it can be done in 10 minutes I will!
I'd go there with the attitude that you're starting at 10am and just try and push in. Most of the time the people you'll be dealing with won't be overly bothered.

Great_Expectations

Managed to sort a plan which should get me there for just after kick off. It’s obviously reliant on a few things, such as me actually finishing the race in a decent time….!

But feeling more positive I’ll make it before they shut the gates.

If you see an exhausted half dead looking marathon runner tomorrow, feel free to stay away from the smell of sweat or say hello and help me rehydrate!

Sky Blue Pete

Managed to sort a plan which should get me there for just after kick off. It’s obviously reliant on a few things, such as me actually finishing the race in a decent time….!

If you see an exhausted half dead looking marathon runner tomorrow, feel free to stay away from the smell of sweat or say hello and help me rehydrate!
Have a great run

duffer

Good luck mate, that's a terrific effort.

Becksy

I'm in the same boat, I'm running the marathon tomorrow, my start time is 10:45 so there's a chance I'll make it, otherwise going to duck into a pub somewhere. I'm running for Shelter, supporting families trying to keep or find a roof over their heads. Here is my fundraising page if any fellow generous Cov fans would like to support a great cause Darren's page

Great_Expectations

If I get to Wembley tomorrow but miss the cut off to get into the stadium, will any bars nearby be showing it? Or will I have to sit outside and just listen to the crowd/watch on my phone like a loser?!

Tommo1993

Nothing desperate about it. I’d be pissed off if some smelly tramp was next to me during the game. Think of other people.

Asides from that, good luck! If this is your first marathon, I think you might also be underestimating just how knackered your legs will be afterwards. I could barely walk for a few days.

Surely you’d rather sit next to a marathon winner than a smelly mad hatter?

lacesoutdom

I know I’ve mentioned it on a few individual threads, but I can’t believe I’m the only person in this boat on here (be it regular poster or lurker!).

I’m running the London Marathon on Sunday and with my now confirmed start time of ~11:00, it’s probably unrealistic to think I’ll make a 3:30 KO - which is shit.

I’m hoping to run it in ~4 hours, but it’s about an hour commute to Wembley, including the 30 minutes the organisers advise it takes to get out of the finishers area!!

I’ve spoken to Wembley and they confirmed the gates close around 50 minutes, so all being well I have a chance of making it for the second half.

Is there anyone else in a similar situation? If so, what are your plans to get to Wembley?

Or, is there a bar in London fans are heading for to watch either in general or anyone else watching/partaking in the marathon?

And before anyone mentions it, I cannot defer as it’s part of a wider running challenge I am doing for charity (even if it is tempting!).
Did you make it to the game?
What time did you run?
Hope you're all good bud

Great_Expectations

Did you make it to the game?
What time did you run?
Hope you're all good bud

I did indeed, sub four hour marathon, despite one of those “proper” runners (too short shorts, weirdly skinny etc) tripping me up at mile 3.

I was in my seat for KO and despite the result, I’m so pleased I made it!

So close to being a perfect day!

And people around me were very congratulatory re the marathon, as if they didn’t care about the fact I might smell in an open arena. Weird hey?

(thank you for asking btw!)

clint van damme

I did indeed, sub four hour marathon, despite one of those “proper” runners (too short shorts, weirdly skinny etc) tripping me up at mile 3.

And people around me were very congratulatory re the marathon, as if they didn’t care about the fact I might smell in an open arena. Weird hey?

Well done mate!

Great_Expectations

Thank you! Really kind words and it’s appreciated

This is the start of a larger running challenge I’m doing for charity, so I’ve got another ~860 miles to run in the next 4 months.

I have at least one more marathon lined up, so this has given me confidence to push for another PB!

Hertsccfc

Well done mate

lacesoutdom

Well done mate! amazing day all around!

Users who are viewing this thread