Wembley kick off time unkown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovFan

Wembley website says its 1630, The club say it's 1430.

Who's right? There's only one way to find out......

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It's always been advertised as 4:30pm I will be fuming if it's 2:30pm as I have purchased train tickets around 4:30!

How long does it take to get across to Wembley from Euston?

Otis

My train gets in at 13.38.

Could make it for 2.30, but it would be a bit of a stretch and I would like to get there early if I can.

Astute

It's always been advertised as 4:30pm I will be fuming if it's 2:30pm as I have purchased train tickets around 4:30!

How long does it take to get across to Wembley from Euston?
Half an hour in a taxi allowing for traffic. Sundays will be a bit quicker. Train a bit quicker. Walking bloody ages.

Otis

I wouldn't panic too much anyway. Don't think any of us have splashed out major cash on the trains have we?

I would just drive down if it now seemed unlikely I would get there in time.

If I do that I would have 4 spare seats if anyone would need a ride.

Astute

I wouldn't panic too much anyway. Don't think any of us have splashed out major cash on the trains have we?

£157 if I get the cheapest train. But depending on the time of the game I either can't get there on time or can't get home if both ways on the same day.

Terry Gibson's perm

Is the ride compulsory or can you just have a lift in the car?

Otis

£157 if I get the cheapest train. But depending on the time of the game I either can't get there on time or can't get home if both ways on the same day.
Where are you coming from again, Astute? Can't remember exactly where you live.

Astute

Cumbria. First train of the day is about 10:30. Arrive at Euston as the game starts if 2:30 kickoff.

Otis

Cumbria. First train of the day is about 10:30. Arrive at Euston as the game starts if 2:30 kickoff.
Right. Some trek then.

Can you not drive down to Coventry, let one of us give you a lift down and then drive back with us again?

Or is it because of how many of you would be going?

Where do you get the train from?

Astute

Happy to drive all the way if I have to. But then I can't have a few jars.

Would get wife to drop me off if getting train at Barrow in Furness station. But going to ask her if she fancies weekend in London. I drive there as would be about an hour quicker than her. She could drive back as I will be pissed after celebrating the win :D

Otis

Don't forget possible extra time and pens ??
Yep, allowed for that with my trains.

4.30pm kick off would mean a finish somewhere around 6.25pm.

Extra time would take it to 7pm and pens to about 7.15pm

I have a train at 8.

Sbarcher

Isn't Sunday travel off peak all day? Means you can catch any train.

Otis

Not quite. Sort of is, but there are differing prices depending on which train you catch.

You can of course pay more and go for an anytime ticket.

ajsccfc

I'd advise setting aside about an hour from Euston to Wembley when planning, that should see you ok outside strikes and big delays.

no_loyalty

Have emailed EFL, hope they confirm by this evening as looking to book train soon as

Grendel

Not quite. Sort of is, but there are differing prices depending on which train you catch.

You can of course pay more and go for an anytime ticket.

No it's the same price pretty much surely? It more depends if you are stuck on London midland or not.

Otis

No it's the same price pretty much surely? It more depends if you are stuck on London midland or not.
I booked mine last night and the prices did vary. Some were £6, some £7.50, some a bit more.

Was pretty much universal, but there were some differing prices.

Badger

I have booked £7.50 to Euston, which means I must use that train only and £16 return which is for any Virgin. There are usually a set amount at the cheaper prices.

hill83

Booking trains already! We don't even know who we are playing yet. Only got yourself to blame. Luckily it's cheap as chips.

SkyblueBri

I am coming from Devon and Wembley site says
Checkatrade Trophy Final
2 Apr 2017 - 4:30 PM

So where has this 2:30 time come from?

Trains from here are few and far between!

Nick

Administrator
Booking trains already! We don't even know who we are playing yet. Only got yourself to blame. Luckily it's cheap as chips.

Doesn't matter who it's against if we are playing surely?

Although, I haven't booked until I know what time!

Otis

Yep. Jumped the gun for sure, but what the hell. It's only money and it's all on my wife's debit card*

*Please don't tell her.

She's already annoyed with me for going.

I told her I was going to Wembley and she said I shouldn't go as she was in Russia on that day and I said 'well you shouldn't go to Russia then,' to which she replied, 'but it's my mum and dad's 50th wedding anniversary' to which I replied. 'Yeah, but this is the Checkatrade Trophy final and this is much more important.'

Quite quiet in our house at the moment.

So please don't let her know about the debit card. Cheers. :)

ajsccfc

I am coming from Devon and Wembley site says
Checkatrade Trophy Final
2 Apr 2017 - 4:30 PM

So where has this 2:30 time come from?

Trains from here are few and far between!
The club are telling people 2.30 as it stands at the moment

hill83

Doesn't matter who it's against if we are playing surely?

Although, I haven't booked until I know what time!

Well, no, I'm not saying it does. But my point was we don't 100% know any of the details yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread