Westwood to Sunderland finally confirmed (1 Viewer)

I heard a rumour that Westy was off to Wigan at the end of the January window, but alas it never came to pass...

Anyone seen the news about Dorus De Vries moving to Wolves? Swansea certainly could do with a new keeper now, right...? I'm pleased for Westy if the move to Sunderland is confirmed, but possibly Swansea'd be a better long term move...

gouldberg

Swansea will have to do something special to not come straight back down. Sunderland are a decent mid table bet each year. Westwood has made the right choice, Swansea would be a horror move for Keiren!

AngryAnt

just heard on 5live that he's off to sunderland but its a loan deal... Who's he signed properly for then o.o.

covladzak

3 years doesn't in my book make him a loyal servant... He doesnt want to be here so all I can say is Byeeeeee:wave::wave:

dick turpin

I dont really care who hes signed for TBO.

Hes gone thats it,dont care what happens to him now!!
All these post really anoy me
HES GONE SO F**K HIM :jerkit:
Next we will be talking about Gabby, and how she does not like Twatter

WHO THE F""K CARES

dickturps

SkyBlue_Bear83

he could have signed and still got a big move,and cov and carlisle would have benefited too.
Unfortunately that is not how it works, why would he sign a contract then move. This means less clubs will be interested in him as they will have to pay a transfer fee, less wages and signing on fee for himself as the clubs have had to pay a fee to get him already. Lastly what could stop Coventry screwing him over and refuse to sell him if he had signed a new contract for a big move

skybluesteve76

I dont really care who hes signed for TBO.

Hes gone thats it,dont care what happens to him now!!
All these post really anoy me
HES GONE SO F**K HIM :jerkit:
Next we will be talking about Gabby, and how she does not like Twatter

WHO THE F""K CARES

dickturps

Careful dick, you can't have an opinion like that on here it makes Rich question what kind of shit life you've got!!
I couldn't agree more by the way!

ccfc2011

good luck kieron

Macca

I m afraid i must have a bad life too. He is a footballer who i dont know and doesnt know me. Don t wish him anything good or bad really, apathetic really. Great player for us but not going to go all princess diana about it

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I won't miss him. He can be replaced. No one player is bigger than the club.

ccfc_Tom

Great player, was nice to have a player that was the best of his position in the league for once. I have a feeling he could be on the bench more than he'd hope for however, we'll see.

covcity4life

Unfortunately that is not how it works, why would he sign a contract then move. This means less clubs will be interested in him as they will have to pay a transfer fee, less wages and signing on fee for himself as the clubs have had to pay a fee to get him already. Lastly what could stop Coventry screwing him over and refuse to sell him if he had signed a new contract for a big move

he had assurances from thorn that wouldnt happen,if were gonna go into such a paranoid era thats a shame

big club would have come in sooner or later,be it 2-3m or 7-8m

ajsccfc

But if he's planning to leave, why would he do something that would not only limit the number of teams interested in him but also con a few extra million out of them that could be otherwise used to improve his new club?

It makes absolutely no sense.

covcity4life

yeh so we agree he didnt think bout the club in his decision,thats what im saying

it sounds silly,but loyalty still exisits for some people out there.

ajsccfc

We don't agree. You're making out as if his actions have somehow hurt the club while advocating an alternative that makes no sense whatsoever.

He hasn't been disloyal, he's completed a three-year contract he signed upon joining the club and is now exercising his right to play elsewhere. He's broken no promises and done nothing wrong. Have you forgot that we poached him from another club?

covcity4life

im saying he could have got best of both worlds...a move for him and money for cov/carlisle

he didnt have to do it i understand,but he could have.

im-confused

im saying he could have got best of both worlds...a move for him and money for cov/carlisle

he didnt have to do it i understand,but he could have.

That's not how football works. It's not a fantasy world where every player really cares for every club they play for.

All Westwood cares about right now is the fact that he's going to be making over £1Mil a year, and he's on a 3 year contract. You do the maths.

ajsccfc

And if he's purposely pricing potential new clubs out of a move for him, how is that the best of both worlds?

Stupid Boothroyd and stupid board - should have sold him in January,

how bloody silly to know your best player is not going to sign a new contract last summer and then run it down - could have got 3m in Jan -

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Stupid Boothroyd and stupid board - should have sold him in January,

how bloody silly to know your best player is not going to sign a new contract last summer and then run it down - could have got 3m in Jan -

Agree we should have sold him in Jan, but £3million is probably over the odds.

The club blatently knew he wasnt staying. Even dropped him due to his indecision........for one game wasnt it??? We really shown him we meant business there :whistle:

Saying that, we wouldnt have got any of whatever fee we may have got, so would have been left with Quirke and Ireland. Maybe its a good thing he stayed for the duration! :)

Users who are viewing this thread